Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2007
I've seen a few reviews here complaining that this CD only includes Eminem's 'pop' output and doesn't showcase his (in their opinion) best work. I'd like to draw their attention to the subtitle- "The Hits". This is a CD of Eminem's hits. 'Pop' is short for popular. Popular things become hits. Do you see where I'm going with this? If the subtitle were "The Best Of" I would understand. But it isn't.

If you like Eminem's hits then you'll like this. I do, and I do.

If you have trouble understanding what "hits" means, then buy a dictionary. :)
on 28 February 2013
First Eminem music bought (and I am over 60) but really enjoyed it - probably best listened to in the car rather than at home as fast-moving - some tracks quite moving when really examining the words
on 25 December 2013
I confess that I decided to purchase Eminem Curtain Call-The Hits after spotting the cd at my Walmart job. I had previously enjoyed Eminem's 2010 Recovery cd back in 2011 and figured that this greatest hits by Eminem collection would be a perfect music complement. There are fifteen tracks on this edition featuring two different versions of Stan (one featuring Dido and the other that includes a live version with Elton John). Thereare a good assortment of Eminem's popular hits on Curtain Call such as My Name Is, The Way I Am, Without Me, Like Toy Soldiers, When I'm Gone etc. I admit that Lose Yourself is one of my favorites from this greatest hits collection based on the motivational message. This is also due to the positive/uplifting memories of hearing Lose Yourself after watching the Eight Mile movie (in Japan back around January 2003) with my husband (during our first official month together as boyfriend/girlfriend). Eminem Curtain Call-The Hits are a good collection for those who like any of Eminem's songs.
on 28 September 2013
This has got most of the classics on . We had a great time going back in time and listening to this cd .
Loads of great tracks we were really impressed. Speedy delivery .
on 1 June 2009
as a relative newcomer to eminem's stuff i thought i'd buy this album because it had a fair few tracks on that i recognized. having listened through a couple of times i can't say it's the beat album i've ever bought, but that said i did enjoy most of the tracks on there. i thought that the cd had the kind of commercial "just released for the cash" feel overall which is a shame (but probably to be expected from a best of album) luckily on the whole eminem's music shines through this and you get a good bunch of tracks for your money.
on 22 November 2011
As a 50 something year old man I am probably not in the demographic but you've got to try stuff just to see what all the fuss was about.
I have to say I was impressed. The man is a flawed genius, although how much is Eminem and how much is Dr Dre is hard to say.
My advise is to listen to it all. Remember which tracks are overtly misogynistic - never listen to them again and enjoy the rest. There are some powerful songs in there but more surprisingly there are some very funny songs too.
on 15 July 2006
Curtain Call is ment to be a greatest hits for Eminem, however they seem to have left out most of the songs that show Eminem's true ability.

However, the two added tracks "Fack" and "When Im Gone" arent that bad. Fack is more of his childish side, but "When Im Gone" is probably some of the best work he has done, it is a great track. There is also "Stan" performed live with Elton John. With Elton singing the parts of Dido. The track is great, apart from the occasionaly crowd noise.

But overall, such tracks like "Kill You" arent on the single CD version, which is a shame. Neither is "Renegade" (a track performed with Jay Z on the second CD), and also on Jay Z's Blueprint album. The album is more of a collection of commercial tracks that he released as singles. In my opinion its not a bad album, but if your an eminem fan and prefer the more rap tracks than his more poppy commerical tracks, this album is not for you.
on 25 May 2012
Have always been a fan of Eminem and this album had to be bought as part of my growing collection of CDs. Contains all my favourite tracks such as The Real Slim Shady, Toy Soldiers and Lose Yourself. This album is highly recommended for anyone who loves hip hop as it used to be, great rhyming with incredible meaning. Eminem is truly the greatest hip hop artist I have ever heard. Highly recommended.
on 7 July 2010
The music i have heard by Eminem is brilliant & i brought the curtain call by him because i just love his type of music what he doe,s & i must admit that this cd is really good & would buy more of his cds in the future.I would have wanted to know how good though before i got it but i wouldnt change my mind now that ive listened to it as i like his other songs what he,s done in the past aswell.
on 1 February 2013
This Is The perfect CD for anyone wanting to experiment with his earlier materials before his music hiatus in 2005-2008. This CD really gives us the 'hits' and a variety of music styles, very hiphop, rap and not so much pop as i expected. Curtain Call got me into his music and since listening to this have purchased a lot of his mixtapes and albums... perfection.