5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!
Having studiously avoided any exercise since those grim days in the school gym, I found myself overweight and out of condition at 40 and in need of urgent action. Started a diet and the weight was coming off very slowly, then I discovered this DVD and everything changed.

Published on 21 Jun. 2006 by G. M. Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bitter Let Down Compared to The First Workout
Published on 26 Mar. 2006 by orangebluebird

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 21 Jun. 2006
G. M. Richards "naturally gothic" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)

I have always liked dancing so thought this would be a good way of exercising without being bored by it - I was right. The salsacise sections are very straightforward and I quickly found myself keeping up with all the steps and putting more energy into it. The commentary is very clear and motivational - I almost wept the first time I heard Rose talking about boosting my metabolism so I would be burning more calories even when not exercising! I now combine both salsa sections plus the toning exercises 4 times a week and I have seen brilliant results after just one month - legs toned and with muscles I had forgotten were there, more energy, and best of all - my weekly weight loss has more than doubled. I really enjoy gyrating around the living room to the strains of Ricky Martin et al, even though my bloke reckons it all looks 'very gay'!

Unlike the first reviewer, I bought this DVD first and then got the older one, and I have to say I prefer this one as the steps look more polished and less ungainly and the routines fit better together and have a better warm up. Maybe its just a case of preferring the one you're used to? The toning band is on a special offer when you buy the DVD so only cost about a fiver with P&P and it works really well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an effective and enjoyable way to ease back into exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and good quality, 19 Feb. 2006
GillianBC (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
I use a variety of DVD exercise routines every morning before work and would certainly rate this as one of the better ones. Low impact and suitable for beginners to intermediates.
Content: A choice of Level 1 (20 minute dance/aerobics) or Level 2 (30 minutes dance/aerobics). Plus a choice of 2 10 minute stretching/toning exercises which can be used as a cool-down. So you could combine all four sessions eventually.
Enjoyment: Great - I haven't got bored of this yet and the music is catchy
Complexity: Fairly easy. Once you've got the basic rhythm, the combinations of moves become quite natural even for poor dancers like me
Cueing: This is the best one I've got in terms of telling you what's coming up and how many repetitions to do
Fitness: You build up a good sweat for 20 minutes without feeling that you're overdoing it
However, the stretching and toning exercises soon become too easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary Conley - Shape Up and Salsacise, 12 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
Of the fitness DVD's i have used this is by far the best one for working up a healthy sweat.Have lost weight already, after seeing the girls on the DVD what an inspiration they are especially with the amount of weight they have lost between them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fun Workout, 8 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
I found this DVD was great fun to workout to salsa music. I do the workout most days and look forward to it not as a chore which I found with a lot of the other workout dvd,s that I have.Great incentive knowing that the women in the DVD had actually lost weight and were not just dolly birds hired for the DVD.
Great value for money. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply simply the best, 29 Dec. 2005
Mrs. April Cunningham "april1152" (west midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
I thought the last salsa was the best, but this is simply fantastic. Rosemary introduces a few new moves, but keeps some of the favourites. The music is really hip and wants to make you do more. She also covers stomach and hips and also talks to you about dieting the Gi way. There is one small point, however, if you are a beginner I would order the first salsa as Rosemary is dround by some of the fantastic music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary never disappoints - as brilliant as ever!, 8 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
Loved the new DVD, fab music and great routines. Very motivational - it really makes you want to move. Having exhausted the first Salsacise DVD, I found it a welcome change. The 10 minute tone ups really work, I'm beginning to see the results already, suprisingly I found the toning bands simple & convenient to use - perfect for the home. As usual Rosemary looks great & her team were wonderful too. Very inspiring to see real people with real successes. I shall definitely be recommending it to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 6 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a first timer to exercise videos, try this.

Doesn't take long to get the hang of the steps (all basic), good music and frankly makes working out a bit more like fun!

You can easily set your own pace - 20min or 30 min or combine the two to show off. My favourite bit is the 'timer' in the top corner. It counts the minutes backwards, so if you are flagging - take a peek, not long to go! What've you got to loose? Inches!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 3 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a complete beginner with 2 left feet - I love this DVD! Everything is so well shown and explained. It's so easy to follow with steps that are fun and not too demanding. But they're so effective! I can really feel the benefit after only 2 weeks and have tons more energy. I couldn't recommend it more.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bitter Let Down Compared to The First Workout, 26 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
Let me start by saying I am a MASSIVE Rosemary Conley fan. I have most of her workouts, and am currently following her GI Diet to get me ready for my wedding. Her first Salsacise DVD released last year is my all time favourite workout, and I still do it constantly, which is why I was so excited when I heard a sequal was being released. That's why it pains me to say this is such a let down.
The routine seems so simple compared to last years, I am a regular exerciser, and I really found the fist DVD a challenge. It had some great dancy moves, great music, the class were all really in to it, and had me really out of breath by the end. This time around I can only imagine there had been complaints that the first one was too energetic or something - by the end of it I had barely broke a sweat to be honest. All the best dance moves from last year are missing (such as the great box sequence, and all the cross-back salsas) and the moves that replace them are simplistic, dull and barely get you moving. The music is also really, really bad this time! A couple of the songs are repeated from last year, but apart from that, pretty dire! I also find the class spend most of the workout looking smug, and are not as easy to warm to as last years.
The toning section was OK, apart from mnay of the moves depended on you having a toning band - As I have bought her book and DVD I didn't realy expect to have to pay more money for a band as well! I expected better from Rosemary to be honest. While they are off doing new exercises with the band, those without just have to repet the previous exercises more, and so are not getting an all over workout.
I have given it 3 stars because it is better than doing no exercise, but if you found last years a level that you could exercise at comfortably then do not waste money on this one, as it is a step back. I hope for better salsa routines from Rosemary this Christmas!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable way to keep fit, 1 Jun. 2010
Mrs. M. A. Chan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD because I was looking for a fun way to keep fit and salsa dancing seemed like a good way to do this. Rosemary shows how Salsa dancing can be a great way to lose weight and keep fit. The music for the routines works well with the salsa moves. There is also a toning section included that shows how you can use a fitness band, or mineral water bottles to do the exercises. This DVD would be great for the whole family to do, to dance and keep fit together.
What is great about this DVD is that Rosemary explains the salsa moves very well, she takes things step by step and creates a routine that enables you to practice the moves firstly at a relatively slow pace then the pace quickens to give you a great work out.
Like Rosemary's other DVD workouts what is also good about this workout is that she is joined by people who have actually benefitted from her exercise and diet programmes, rather than professional dancers.

Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Shape Up & Salsacise [DVD] by Rosemary Conley (DVD - 2005)