5.0 out of 5 stars Best dance moves on a workout dvd ever!
I love all four of the Pump it Up workouts and think both Deanne and Fiona are good instructors.

This dvd is probably my favourite of the set because it never gets boring. I own lots of workout dvd's and alternated between them, some eventually get boring but I always enjoying doing this workout.

The dvd is split into sections

Warm up is...
Published on 15 Feb 2007 by jma

1.0 out of 5 stars Warm up and cool down properly please!
Published on 17 April 2006 by H. Spurling

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dance moves on a workout dvd ever!, 15 Feb 2007

The dvd is split into sections

Warm up is short but effective (5 mins)

Burn it up (20 mins)

Aerobic workout including jumping jack squats and grapevine routines. This is still quite dancy for an aerobic woprkout so lots of fun.

Dance it Up (20 mins)

I wish there were more workouts like this section. There are some reallly good dance moves but it still follows the routine of an aerobics class so there is no stopping to learn the steps. It's hard at first but really fun to repeat over and over again.

Tone it up. (10mins)

Toning exercises. Squats, lunges, sit-ups etc. I really enjoy this toning section and love the fact there are no press ups (I know I should want to do press ups but I'm really bad at them). There's some Pelvic floor exercises as well which is great!

Cool Down (10 mins)

Really nice stretches to end the workout.

The whole workout takes about an hour but you can choose to do only one or two sections between the warm up and cool down for a shorter workout.

The music is really good and keeps you going throughout the workout.

Good extras as well, including music videos and a section explaining how to keep your posture and do the moves safely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb!, 17 Mar 2006
Veronica (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
Let me start by saying that I have never had a dance lesson in my life. In fact, I was always the kid at school who couldn’t do a cartwheel in gym class. I was in two minds over whether to buy this DVD because other reviewers have stated that it was impossible to follow if you are not a trained dancer. Anyway, I went ahead and bought it because I have the other two Pump It Up DVDs and they are both fabulous. I am glad I did buy this new edition because Pump It Up – Hi Energy is really impressive, and adds a new layer to the Pump It Up series.
I’ve got to admit that this DVD is a challenge. If you want to be able to buy a fitness DVD and follow along straight away, or after a few goes, then DO NOT buy this one. As I tried to follow the workout for the first time I felt like a fish out of water, my legs and arms flailing in different directions as I stared at the TV screen thinking ‘What the ?’ However, after a few watches I was able to do most of the first dance section without too many problems.
The second dance section, as explained on the DVD cover, is ‘professionally choreographed’ and is supposed to be a challenge. Believe me, it is. Fiona, the instructor, explains each sequence only once and then all the other dancers follow it. If you’re anything like me then explaining a whole complex sequence only once is not enough and I had to use the pause and rewind button millions of times. But so what? I was having lots of fun learning the moves and working up a really good sweat. I decided to learn the second dance section by breaking it up into smaller sections which I practised in the evenings on top of my normal workouts 4 - 5 times a week. Now, a month or so after buying the DVD I am able to do a lot of this second dance section although I still have some moves to learn properly, which I find motivating. I have not got bored of this DVD at all because it is so varied and fun.
I DON’T agree at all with other reviewers who have said that the instructor, Fiona, is a show off and more interested in showing how she can dance than instructing us. The truth is that Fiona has been told to perform a routine devised by two choreographers that is too fast for her to explain it all in great detail. You have to watch the DVD many times and use the pause and rewind buttons lots in order to understand the moves. In the long run, this is really good because when I’ve learned the routine I won’t have to go through all of the boring step-by-step instructions for each move every time I do the DVD. Fiona performs the routines brilliantly and cues the moves well. I really like her; she is sweet, upbeat and passionate about dance. The other dancers are sexy and good movers, which is inspiring.
The workout lasts about an hour and the sections are:
1) 5 mins, warm up. Pretty standard stuff – some movement and stretches, a bit tricky at first.
2) 18 mins, first dance section. Made up of two different dance sequences, one involving grapevines, mambos, knee lifts and turns and the other involving a v-step, jumps, kicks.
3) 20 mins, second dance section. Made up of lots of difference dance sequences, very fast and energetic, lots to remember and lots of different variations of each sequence. Not for the faint hearted! (Or people who can’t jump up and down on their knee or ankles because it is quite a high impact routine)
4) 10 mins, toning section. Squats, sit-ups, butt raises (no press-ups).
5) 5 mins, cool down. Relaxing and stretches.
Together, all three Pump It Up DVDs are perfect to alternate. Pump It Up 1 concentrates on aerobic moves with basic dance moves thrown in – it is super effective and one of the hardest workouts I’ve tried. Pump It Up 2 (Beach Body) is lower impact and is not as exhausting as Pump it Up 1, which is good because you don’t always want to push yourself to the limit, and it introduces some more dance moves. This one, Pump It Up 3 (Hi-Energy) is more about learning more complex dance routines and is a challenge. It is very rewarding though and as long as you keep moving you will sweat and burn calories. Highly recommended for people who don’t mind putting the work in to learn the routines.
And, finally, of course, the music for this DVD is sensational. The recognisable dance tracks will keep you moving and feeling inspired. Some of my favourite tracks are ‘Feel the Vibe’ ‘Listen to Your Heart’, and ‘Make A Move’. The dance sequence for Make A Move is absolutely amazing and I feel energised and upbeat while doing it, which makes it lots of fun. Superb!
JoAnne

1.0 out of 5 stars Warm up and cool down properly please!, 17 April 2006
H. Spurling - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
I love the first ministry of sound exercise video but this one is extremely disappointing. Although the moves are very complicated, it is possible to learn them if you have the dedication. My complaint, however, is that the warm up and cool down sections, which are such a crucial part of serious exercising are absolutely pathetic. Please be careful if you do this video - you shouldn't hurt THAT much the next day! The first ministry of sound video is so much better with no danger of straining something, whilst having a really really hard aerobic workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun & a challenge, 1 Feb 2007
V. Brelsford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
This was the first workout dvd I ever bought & I honestly think its responsible for increasing my fitness levels. When I first got it I watched it & thought that i'd never be able to get the hang of it, it just looked way too complicated, I started doing the "warm it up", "burn it up", "tone it up" & "cool it down" sections 3 times a week to build myself up, then after a month I did the "dance it up" section instead of burn it up 3 times a week then I alternated 1 week by doing "burn it up" & then the other "dance it up" I then managed to do the full workout 3 times a week & then progressed to doing it 5-6 times a week. As a result my asthma is gone! at first I needed to take my inhaler before or after doing it & then managed without it! it really is a great aerobic/cardiovascular & dance workout! the soundtrack for "Dance it up" is the best & really motivates you! the toning section is also good. the only reason why it doesn't have 5 stars is because Pump it up 1 is actually better plain & simply because Deanne is a better instructor (Fiona isn't terrible thou)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the first Ministry of Sound DVD..., 27 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
I loved loved loved the first Ministry of Sound dvd 'Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout
' with Deanne Berry, and this one is nothing like it.. Deanne Berry is a pro and the first dvd was a great mix of dancemoves and really hard workout from top to toe.
This dvd is just jumping around doing silly dancemoves and the new instructor is impossible to follow.. Maybe this is ok if you like pure dancing, but if you want to feel you are doing some proper workout as well this is really quite bad..
Bring Deanne back!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fitness video, 27 April 2007
Ms. Dm Black - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
I brought ths fitness video as i have all the other pump it up fitness dvds, i gotta say i loved this workout, the music is great and i love the presenter Fiona Fagan i think she is alot better than the other instructor she has alot more personality which is good while doing a quite intense workout.

I would recommend this workout to anyone it is fun and also burns alot of calories at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars not as complicated as it seems, 14 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
i have bought this DVD just after christmas.i must say that i also have pump it up 1 and 2 (and i like them both). the first time that i have tried to do pump it up high energy, i thought that it was to complicated to follow and that the steps were too fast. however, after a few times, i got used to it, and realised that even if the steps are fast (in the dance section)they are actually quite easy to follow. of course,you will need of bit of coordination, but if you are used to dancing in night clubs, it should not be a problem!
i do not think that you need to be a professional dancer to do this DVD (far from it) and if you are used to modern choreography and moves, you will have a good time and really enjoy yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Jun 2006
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
When i first tried this dvd, it pushed me so hard i thought i was dying! but as i did it a few times i realised that i really was getting fitter! the burn it up section is exhausting, and the tone it up section is short enough to do before going to work and really does make a difference! like some of the other reviewers i really can't keep up with the complicated dance routines in the dance it up section, but the other workouts make up for this. i would recommend this dvd for people who like to dance, want a high energy workout which will really push you, and have some stamina. this dvd really gets your heart rate up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible racket!.........Gutted : (, 5 Mar 2009
C. Lewis (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
I love Pump it up dance mix dvd with Gareth Walker, buy that one instead. I'm sure that this choreographer is very nice, but her voice is very grating and annoying, i just can't cope with the racket that both her voice makes, and the terrible music choice for one of the workouts. This is coming from person who loves dance music. This is also why i prefer the 2007 ministry of sound workout video with Gareth, as the music is far better.

Gutted :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the second!, 21 Jan 2007
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD] (DVD)
I have the first two pump it up DVD's and loved the first one, the beach body was a HUGE dissapointment as I just didnt feel like I had worked out, I just tried this one for the first time and although it is a lot better than the second one I still didnt really feel like it was a very high energy workout. I think if I had tried this one first I would have loved it but it just does not compare to the first.

ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)