Format: DVD|Change

on 2 January 2011
I have to say An American Tail is an animated classic, loveable characters and brilliant music and songs! "There are no Cats in America" will make you want to dance and spin around, such a catchy tune.

One thing that many will notice in this film is Fievel's little baby sister Yasha, who is seen in the first half of the film and is completely left out for the rest if the film, must of been an Animated Error, good thing she gets better parts in the next few films.

Phillip Glasser did a brill job voicing Fievel, such a brilliant voice that made me warm inside, as well as the late Dom Deluise who vocied Tiger, Tony Toponi had to be my fav character through the whole picture.

As for the end song "Somewhere Out There" its a song that will end any production, a stage show, a school assembley, a fanmade video, and it certianlly helped to end the film.

The only downside to the DVD release is the lack of Bonus Features, A DVD Game on how to use your remote (Like we really needed that) The Trailer and a "Somewhere Out There" singalong, they are ok, but the DVD Remote Game i don't think was necessary, a behind the scenes look of the film or the orginal "Somewhere Out There" Music Video by Linda ronstadt and James ingram would of been better.

Still, Kids are not just going to like An American Tail - They are going to love it!
5/5!
on 25 April 2010
A story of a little boy mouse, who gets seperated from his parents on their way to America to escape from the cats! It covers his journey until he finally finds is family again.
A great film, but a little old fashioned by modern standards, but still well loved by all my family. My partner, myself and all of my children when they were young and even now they are grown up love it. Now my 2yr old granddaughter is also hooked. We all sing the little songs together and dance when the dancing songs come on.
A great family film, if you don't want all the latest technology and just a good basic old fashioned family film.
on 30 November 2010
My kids grew up loving this film on video so it was time to replace it with the DVD for the grandchildren!
on 18 August 2008
As well as being an entertaining, fun and moving story, An American Tail is also a representation of the 1880s when many Russians would immigrate to America, believeing it to be a land of wealth and oppurtunity. As this film shows, the reality was often very different. The story follows Fievel Mousekewitz who becomes seperated from his family on the ship bringing them over to America, and his struggle to find his family once he gets there. This aspect of the story should keep children entertained (I personally loved it as a kid) but there are also many parts that should keep the adults interested, for the film does address many of the key issues facing the family's who had immigrated at the time. A fun film, where you may actually learn something. Give it a try, no matter what your age.
on 29 April 2007
I remember watching this movie all the time when I was a kid. I absolutely loved this movie back then and now I bought this dvd from Amazon and I found out that I still love this movie. The movie is about the Russian mouse family who emigrate to America to seek a better life. On their way to America they loose their son Fievel. The movie has a lot of great songs and many lovely characters.

I would definately recommend anybody to buy this dvd.
on 22 May 2013
Great film with good story line and animation. May seem a bit dated by today's standards of animation but my 4 year old loves it and sings her heart out every time.
on 2 May 2003
This is a heart-warming tale of a young mouse that loses his family when they move. This is an excellent animated story with fun characters that children and adults will enjoy.
on 3 May 2013
Brilliant DVD! I used to LOVE watching An American Tail, now I've got it on DVD. Arrived in plenty of time too.
on 30 May 2013
A fantastic film, unfortunately this DVD cut out 4 chapters from the end on whichever device we played it on. Unsure as to why but it would reset the device and/or freeze. Could have been a one off but no replacement ewas available so had to return for refund
on 20 October 2001
One of the first animated movies I saw, An American Tail is well written with a memorable soundtrack. These 80's cartoons are so much better than the ones the have today!