5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic
This is a great combination to have on one DVD. The Snowman is such a wonderful wordless classic with its sweeping score, timeless song and lovely humour. The animation is just gorgeous and it never fails to draw a tear in our house when the snowman melts at the end :(( But it is thoroughly enjoyed by everyone nonetheless.

Father Christmas is "bloomin' great...
Published on 13 Dec. 2006 by Ginan Tonic

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the original intro
The actual story itself is beautiful and adventurous, but I like the original intro segment in the earlier editions where the author talks about being a boy during the first snowfall.....it would wonderful if they would leave that in.
Published on 14 Feb. 2013 by Nancy Miles

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Blooming marvellous!, 5 Dec. 2012
Simply brilliant!
After purchasing the snowman cd for the car, adored by my dd, I thought she might enjoy the film - and she does, loves it in fact, she fills in the words for them bless her.
Father Christmas is fabulous, I had never seen this before so was new to us both and were both blooming well in awe of it!
The two films tie in beautifully together and I am certain we will be enjoying these classics for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars David Bowie introduction, 8 Jan. 2008
H. Larsen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This version of Raymond Briggs' The Snowman / Father Christmas [DVD] has the David Bowie introduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas DVD, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I love The Snowman. It brings back lovely memories of when my now grown-up children watched on TV. I like the fact that it's in the original format of square screen, as the widescreen version has the top and bottom cut off which spoils it. It's a bonus because the other film, Father Christmas, is with it, so it's fantastic value for money. My grandchildren can now watch it and see it as their parents did on the original square screen TV's. I love the animation and it's a lovely little story. This is a classic that appeals to all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with item., 26 Dec. 2009
Abbafan1972 (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I love both these cartoons. Don't remember having seen "Father Christmas" before, but it's great. I can turn a blind eye to the fact he says "bloomin" all the time. My kids are aged 5 & 8 and they haven't said anything about it or repeated the word. It gives you a warm Christmassy feeling.

"The Snowman" is fabulous. There is no need for dialogue at all. I love the David Bowie introduction and don't recall ever seeing it before.

Such a wonderful DVD and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy families, 12 Jan. 2010
Mme Julie Challet (Auvergne France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
It was great to sit down with the children and see these old favorites together; the children in question are now 24, 22 and 19 years of age!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous return of The Snowman, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I adored the original film and expected to be slightly less enthusiastic about this new version. However, it was every bit as good and I have watched it without tiring several times with two small children.

Who needs CGI when you've got a pack of pastel colours and a talented team of artists. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smiles from the past, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I brought this DVD for my 2 year old grand-daughter as I did for her Daddy when he was her age. We sat and watched it together and she loved it. It brought tears to my eyes remembering the joy it brought to my son as it has his daughter.This is a timeless classic and I recommend it for all children of all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars The snowman, 23 Dec. 2012
Katie Wise - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I got this for my 2 daughters for the weekend. They loved this dvd. The snowman is a classic and I remember watching this as a kid. I wanted my girls to watch it. I am so pleased that they too have enjoyed watching something that I did at that age. I would so recommend getting this dvd. 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as she remembered it, 20 Jan. 2012
LTS "LTS" (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I bought this for my partner as she had fond memories of sharing this with her children. She loved it and it will be a classic that stays in our collection forever. The bonus video of Father Christmas was quite funny and we both enjoyed it. A great gift for young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Great DVD of the Christmas classic 'the snowman' and the comical 'father Christmas' which gives you an insight into what the rather grumpy Father Christmas gets up to all year. A great box set to snuggle up and watch in the build up to Christmas.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›