5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE
If you are an angels fan it is a must have, even if you have never seen it, it is a 100% garunte you will love it!
There is a pilot episode and 22 other episodes. There is also special features where there are trailors to the new movies!
YOU MUST GET IT
Published on 20 Aug 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 29 Jan 2006 by Mr. S. A. Evans

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan 2006
Mr. S. A. Evans (Cymru) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charlie's Angels - The Original TV Series [DVD] [1976] (DVD)
The title of the DVD and lack of clear information in the Amazon listing may lead you to think you are getting the full Series 1 on this DVD, whereas, in actual fact you only get 2 episodes and the glossy but lightweight featurette "Talent Files". Save your money and buy the 5 disc Charlies Angels Series 1 DVD (which appears in Amazon's most popular choices for Charlie's Angels) and get the full 22 episodes(I must admit, I hadn't realised there were so many episodes in the first series)plus the pilot episide and the much better more in-depth featurette "Angels Forever". After all, when you compare this disc at full price (9.99=p&p) and the 5 disc version , there really is no choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE, 20 Aug 2005
By A Customer
YOU MUST GET IT

3.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD if you dont already have the entire series., 6 Feb 2006
Ernest Mosquera (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
I agree with the previous review. I love this series and since this was a December 2005 release I thought it was something diffferent. I already own the entire Series 1 and 2 (USA region 1) I thought this was the Region 2 version. Its not even the pilot. Its 2 random episodes: To Kill an Angel and Night of the Strangler.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 29 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
my mum used to watch charlies angels when she was my age and it was her favourite show.I watched a few reruns of the show and absolutly loved it!this boxset was a must for me,my favourite angel is definatly jaclyn smith.the dvd includs the pilot episode and a documentery of the show!as well as all 22 episodes!a must for any angel fan or anyone who loves 70s detective/cop showes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD Set !, 11 Sep 2003
Jens Morawietz (Hannover Deutschland) - See all my reviews
"Charlie's Angels" fans had to wait a long time for this great DVD set - but it was worth waiting for it ! All 22 episodes of the first season plus the pilot movie on five dics, all in clear quality (and by the way, it was working on my DVD player !). Just lean back and enjoy your journey back to the seventies with the orignal angels, the faboulous Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett. This is much better than the remake ! Only minus: Why there are no releases of the other "Charlie's Angels", starring Cheryl Ladd ???

2.0 out of 5 stars perfect quality but ...., 20 Jun 2010
massi (Milano,Italy) - See all my reviews
Amazing tv show, perfect quality, it's a pity that product details stated subtitles (very useful for an italian like me) but that was not the true.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - only 2 episodes - what a rip-off!, 27 April 2010
I really expected to buy the full first series,
not only two episodes.
The price was cheap, but not unusually cheap compared
to similar tv shows from the same time.
The "Original TV Series" label on the DVD box is
misleading and amazon lists this as "Series 1".

I didn't recognize anything unusual until I
opened the box and only found one DVD.

This is not even a best of, this is a rip-off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Series but do be careful of the compatability, 26 Jan 2010
Dhekelia (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I remember watching the first series when I was 10 years old and loved it. Sabrina was always my favourite - foxy chick with balls and brains! Can you imagine little girls wanting to play with toy guns in the 70s? When this series appeared they certainly did! Watching it again I think it has aged very well. Yes, it's typically 70s and the music and clothes are just so 70s it's untrue, but I think that's what's so great about it.

One small criticism is in the marketing. As a previous reviewer wrote, this is not compatible with UK Region 2, even though it states that it is. I'm quite fortunate as my DVD plays only Region 2 but my pc is set up to play Region 1 so I had no problems playing these DVDs. It is unfair though to market these in the UK as UK-compatible only for people to find that they may not be able to play the discs. Why is this? There is a London address on the side of the outside jacket so I don't understand why this has happened if these DVDs were manufactured in the UK or Europe. A serious error that could spoil peoples enjoyment.

For those lucky enough to have multiple-region players or PCs that can play these discs, sit back and enjoy some nostalgic moments from yester-year. I refuse to see the recent film of Charlie's Angels or indeed Starsky and Hutch because I just don't think you can beat these originals - they're classics. So tip your hat to Sabrina, Kelly, Jill and Bosley (RIP the latter two) and remember just how great the 70s were.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Classic, 26 May 2009
PAUL W. KELLY (Australia) - See all my reviews
Although the whole series was a smash hit, watching the first season, I feel that this is the series at its best. All these years later one can see why Farrah Fawcett was such a hit in this series. Its not just her looks but an energy and presence that lights up the screen. Her two co-stars are a perfect balance, and its great to see that Kate Jackson's character already has a great sense of women's equality and gets to say that, especially in the typically innocent episode about centrefolds. Jaclyn SMith, what can I say, beautiful, excellent actor and great storylines in this first series. All three actors are perfectly cast and, yes, its light entertainment, and a perfect example of formula television that really works. I love the standard intros and conclusions, they provide a solid consistency to the shows. The ad-break interlude visuals of the pilot are a real laugh and its great to see the formula being adjusted in that first episode. These shows are better than I remember them in the seventies, when i was only eight years of age, (yes we were allowed to watch it at that age, yes it was all so pleasantly innocent). This show is amusing without falling into farce, which is where the movie went wrong. The characters in the series take themselves seriously, but not too heavily. The second series with Cheryl Ladd will bring a new depth to it, but the first series is a classic. I love watching it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl power fun from the seventies, 26 Sep 2006
Amazon Customer (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The first of five series, and the only one to include Farah Fawcett who provides the ideal contrast to her two sisters in sleuth.

Relaxing and watching this easygoing entertaining series one wonders why everything is now so serious and intense.

Sure the plots are wafer thin and repetitive, but acted out by three very attractive young women and with a humorous foil in Bosley (David Doyle) and the off screen boss Charlie Townsend whose voice comes through a small loudspeaker they are great fun.

The Second and Third Seasons are available in the USA, so maybe they will arrive here some time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›