5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
I looked at many different portable speakers before finally deciding to buy these.

What eventually made me choose was the fact that the logitech gave 45 hours of play with one set of batteries! And it actually does give 45 hours!

Published on 7 Jun. 2006 by R. Downs

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but quite large
Very nice design with a plastic cover that folds over the front of the speaker to protect it, and folds back to act as a stand. Includes power adaptor. Like all low watt speakers they do distort when turned up past half volume, but perfectly acceptable and loud enough at half volume and below. One thing to note though is the only measurement they mention is that they are...
Published on 20 Feb. 2007 by Andy2099

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 7 Jun. 2006
R. Downs (England, West Mids) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)

I only wanted some speakers to play in the background at parties with my MP3 player and for taking on holiday with me, nothing too heavy. And this is perfect, the sound quality is amazing and quite loud too. Obviously when you get too high you start to hear a little distortion (speakers aren't too good with heavy bass).

But they are small and compact and do the job.

I assure you, if you buy them, the first time you play music through them you'll be pleasantly surprised!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, very portable speakers for iPod, MP3 player, Walkman or laptop, 18 Nov. 2006
S. Bolster (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
I've had these speakers for a few months now. I travel a lot with work, and wanted speakers I could just throw in the suitcase, that wouldn't take up much room, were light, and sturdy. The Logitech mm28 are just the job.

I use them to plug into my laptop and MP3 player in hotels. Sound is great, particularly considering the price, and having a single, very flat, very light speaker to bring with you is terrific. And the thing feels indestructible.

I've bought several as presents for people, and they've all loved them.

One small point: there is no volume control on the speaker - volume is controlled entirely by the device plugged into it. Not a big deal really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality portable speakers, 7 July 2006
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
Recently bought these fantastic stereo speakers from Amazon and am well chuffed. Sound quality is excellent and output volume is amazing for their small size. Bass is impressively punchy (much better than other portable speaker systems I've tried and been disappointed by) and higher pitches are crystal clear. They use state-of-the-art NXT flat panel speaker technology (which is nice !) and last for 45 hours on one set of 4 AA batteries (or indefinately using the supplied mains adapter !). I use it for my PSP (which sits hidden conveniantly on the fold back speaker cover/stand) which now rocks in my bedroom, the bathroom, and the kitchen !!! Would also suit iPod or other MP3 player.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best affordable iPOD Portable Speakers around, 24 July 2006
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
I had been looking for an upgrade from my 'sound-bag' portable speakers and i wanted one that could use either batteries (for travel) and a mains cable (for when you get there). These are it! Plug in my iPOD and the hear the sound - its excellent and roomy! Has a much better bass than the sound-bag and is very elegant too. It tucks away into the top of the rucksack no bother. V. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech mm28 Speaker Auto Power Off, 7 Mar. 2007
GsyMoo (Guernsey Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
Very compact clever design, about the size of a pencil case when it's shut. Funky blue light on the power button, comes with an external power pack, batteries last ages, very clear sound, 3.5mm stereo jack so will plug into most portable audio devices. I'm running mine from my laptop through a USB i-Mic and there is no background noise/hiss whatsoever. Sounds a lot bigger than it is, although the bass is a bit lacking.

Then the bad.

The audio lead is a bit on the short side, another couple of feet would have made all the difference.
The Auto Power Off. Hmmm. Doesn't say anything about it in the instructions or description but if the speakers don't detect any sound every few minutes they switch off, regardless of if you are on mains, battery or whatever. This is really annoying if you are waiting for your Skype phone to ring.

Workaround

Well, like I said I'm using the speakers through a USB converter so that's given me the extra lead, although I also have a short audio extension lead for my walkman headphones which would do the job too.

As for the annoying power off I downloaded a small task scheduler (BackUp Time) and set it to play a low frequency test tone (inaudible to humans) every minute. Hey presto no more auto power off.

All in all these speakers sound way better than my laptop speakers and would be cheap at twice the price. They are very clear and quite powerful for their size. Excellent portable speakers.

GsyMoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers, 28 Aug. 2006
Peter Griffiths (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
These speakers are amazing quality for the size and price.

I wanted something portable to take on holiday. I thought the sound quality would be similar to the ones you used to use with walkmans, but it was far better.

There's good treble and fair bass for the size.

I'm very pleased with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for its size, 5 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
The mm28 is thin, light, very portable and has excellent sound reproduction very clear and crisp, maybe a little lacking in base but that is only comparing them with much bigger and more expensive systems, as for the battery life, 45 hrs is quoted, it is long but i've forgotten when i put them in so how long, who knows?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 30 July 2007
APB (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
There are lots of speakers out there that would do this job. I wanted something portable, but solid enough to provide good quality sound whilst on holiday. Sound quality is absolutely fine, with enough bass to render most types of music well. There is no sense of the unit being "tinny". The versatile power option helps, and the unit is well made and robust enough to travel well.

Does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy now, whilst still available, 19 Jun. 2007
S.S. "roger fellwalker" (North Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
This is a most usefull little device for connecting to an mp3 player, or similar. Power by battery (long lasting)or mains, so use it inside or outdoors. Unobtrusive in appearance and to me it seems well made. Setting it up or putting it away takes just a moment. Best of all I find the sound quality excellent. You need to have regard to the fact this is a small portable device and there is no point in trying to compare it with say a separates hi-fi system. Taking the mm28 for what it is, I find the sound clear, transparent, with adequate detail and range, natural and easy to listen to for a long times without strain. There is no significant stereo effect but one would not expect there to be. Neither would it be reasonable to expect it to go very loud or have heavy bass so if those are your requirements you may be disappoointed. I think it admirably fulfills its intended function. The Amazon Markeptplace price for it is exceedingly low for the quality of sound and for its sheer usefullness.

I am going to keep one in the caravan, with another for the home. I did not see it listed on the Loigitech website so perhaps it is being discontinued (?) Buy one, or better still, two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound for the price, 26 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Logitech mm28 portable speakers (Electronics)
I have never written a review before today but am so impressed with this Logitech speaker that I feel compelled to share my thoughts with others.

It arrived yesterday and looks "the business" - the clear plastic cover serves as the stand and as soon as I hooked up my Ipod and played some tunes, I (and my wife and kids) were mesmerized that such a small and cheap portable speaker could sound so good.

Bass is much better than other travel speakers I have heard and the overall clarity is superb.

When turned up to full (using the Ipod volume control) there is some considerabl distortion but I would never want to play my music so loud anyway.

I got it for BBQ's and camping holidays - however we are that impressed we now have it in our dinning room !

I am confident if you are looking for a compact portable in-expensive speaker you wont be disappointed with this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›