5.0 out of 5 stars Truly heartwarming
After viewing this film with my family I said 'They don't make films like that anymore' and then I checked myself. This is a modern film but it is made by old school rules. The pacing is excellent. The actor's superb. The cinematography lovingly carried out. It will go down as a classic adaptation of the well loved story. Max von Sydow is perfect as...
Published on 11 Jan. 2006 by Michael Prestwich

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great
I've seen many different versions of Heidi and even though this does stay pretty true to the book, I didn't like it very much. It's hard for me to say exactly why I didn't care for it, but I think my problem with it was the acting. It seemed very akward at times and even though the girl who plays Heidi is adorable, she didn't come across as Heidi. The best version of...
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by C. Burman

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 22 Mar. 2010
M. Burke (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
What a wonderful, heartwarming family film bringing back childhood memories of a beautifully illustrated book I had as a child. It followed the book extremely well maintaining practically all of the essential storylines. My grandaughter, nearly 4, has watched it over and over again - what greater recommendation can there be?

5.0 out of 5 stars God I love this movie., 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent for Christmas - you can troll it out along with the likes of Polar Express - leave it near the TV, and wind it up whenever the mood takes. Such an antidote for over-imbibing on the likes of "Black Hawk Down" or suchlike trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Family Film!, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
This is truly a beautiful, heartwarming film, and one that is perfect for family viewing. I would recommend it to anybody and everybody - it's every bit as good as a Hollywood production, in fact miles better than most. My 10-year old son loves it, and still demands it be put on. We all loved it - children, parents, grandparents... It more than captures the true essence of the Heidi story, and makes it a lot more adventurous interesting than the book ever seemed, as I remember it. The music is evocative, scenery stunning and the acting brilliant. Also a lovely film to watch at Christmas time, as there are snow/sledge/carolling scenes in it. Truly brilliant - wish there were more films like this around!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 29 April 2013
Rosaline Maher "Muffin" (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because of the actress playing Heidi, she's such a great actor and a pleasure to watch. Nice little movie for a Sunday afternoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars every child should know about Heidi's exciting life live in the mountain, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie it bring me back to my childhood, I have being watching this movie every evening before my bed time for the past two weeks and every time I watch it still like the first time, I get excited over it, its a great children's movie, even though I am 63 years old it make me feel very happy inside. just love this movie it made my heart sing, I wish I could have her kind life live high in the mountain, its a life in heaven on earth, what can I say I am still a child at heart.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing compared to the book, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
This version speeds too quickly through the story. It also changes important aspects. For instance, the reunion between Heidi and her grandfather following Heidi's absence in Frankfurt, is not the joyful one described in the book, but makes grandfather more taciturn than necessary. This was deeply disappointing as one tends to await that joyful reunion with eager anticipation. The actress playing Heidi is far older than the little five year old curly headed child of the book. An older child playing this part just doesn't work, since part of the guiless innocence of the character is due to her extreme youth. The soft hearted love of the child for the old blind grandmother is really given insufficient treatment as with her friendship with the doctor. I found this dvd very disappointing and don't recommend it for true Heidi enthusiasts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Annie, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this lovely video a thousand times. When I was young I read all the books, Heidi, Heidi Grows Up and Heidi's Children. I didn't realise 40years later my son would be living in Switzerland. This video reminds me of the beauty of Switzerland. I wish there could have been more video's made like Heidi Grows Up and Heidi's Children. A wonderful video for all the family I highly recommend it.

From a 67year old fan!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi DVD, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
I bought it so that my Granddaughter could watch it when she stays with me as I love it ---it was on television in 1973 when I was expecting my first baby who turned out to be a Daughter who we called Heidi but had chosen names well be before for which my Daughter has never forgiven me!!!! Anyway Granddaughter & I have enjoyed it over & over again already!!! Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heidi, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
Was so pleased to see this DVD advertised as its 1 of my favourites from years ago, and as I'd not seen it to buy anywhere didn't think it was available to buy. My girls love it, I love it & as it came packaged well & within the time stated it gets the full5 stars & a recommendation from me for any one to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Heidi!!, 28 Nov. 2010
L. J. Cullen "Loving Life!" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heidi [DVD] (DVD)
This film was so lovely!! I have always been an avid Heidi fan and this film was touchingly told with beautiful scenery to add to it. It is a heartwarming tale, especially the relationship between Heidi and the Alm Uncle. It fair brought a tear to my eye!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Heidi [DVD]
Heidi [DVD] by Paul Marcus (DVD - 2009)