5.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool
Published on 23 April 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not perfect
I used to own one of these when i was younger and remember the blades being sturdier, including the saw. The blades on this have a fair bit of side to side flex. Nothing to make me regret buying it, but just be sure to treat it with respect when using it. Also, the parcel holder is a dog to open as the bit you need to lift is right next to the split-ring lanyard holder,...
Published 12 months ago by eastwood13

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool, 23 April 2006
I received this as a gift 5 years ago and its only just starting to look tatty even though I work in an outside job and have travelled all over the world backpacking with it. A great combination of tools (although the saw could be sharper), and I've actually used them all unlike some more complicated models. A great balance between size and utility... it'll fit in a handbag too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sized knife to always have in your pocket, 28 Sep 2009
I have had one of these in my pocket for the last 24 years and it has never let me down. Simply cannot be without it! It has everything you need to use regularly and weighs in at less than 100g. This one is an updated version of the one I lost while camping recently! It is actually an improvement and has a sturdy loop to attach a lanyard - so I won't loose it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pocket knife and legal to carry in UK, 13 May 2011
This review is from: Victorinox Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
This is an excellent little pocket knife, very well made with useful tools, great for those everyday tasks in the home or garden. For example, the wood saw is surprisingly effective at cutting 'green' wood.

For UK users too, there is also the added bonus that as the main blade is under 3 inches long and it does not have a locking mechanism (Unlike Leatherman, Gerber and similar multi-tools) you can carry it legally in a public place without having to show 'lawful authority or good reason' under Section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988, commonly known as 'Blades & Points' legislation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very, very sharp!, 11 July 2011
I was playing with my new Swiss Army Huntsman from Amazon when I BRUSHED the small blade accidentally, very lightly with my finger.
Be warned: these blades are like scalpels when new, and keep sharp for years.
I am now typing this with three fingers and a sticking plaster on my right index finger covering a perfect surgical incision that had been bleeding profusely (maybe that's why Swiss Army knives are red, so blood doesn't show!)
I've always had a Victorinox of some kind. I just lost a tiny keyring one and got this to replace it as it's bigger and less loseable.
I just forgot how incredibly sharp the blades are when new!
So I'm very, er, happy with this purchase (ow).
Totally and utterly recommended, especially if you're a surgeon and have momentarily misplaced your scalpels.
The movie 127 hours would have been shorter if the guy had remembered to take his Swiss Army knife with him. He could have just touched his arm with the blade and it would have dropped off.
Did I mention the blades on this knife are VERY SHARP?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it - outstanding. I'm buying my second one now., 12 Feb 2012
What can I say. I got a huntsman at least 30-years ago (seriously) and it has just died this week. It has been half way around the world, sharpened so much the main blade has lost its curve, lost the little tools, lost one of the red sides, left in a bucket of sea water for a month...the list goes on.... It has been outstanding. I'm ordering a replacement now and I would highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little knife, 3 Aug 2007
This swiss army knife is fantastic, and performs all its duties well. It has a wide range of features, and is a compact, useable tool. the only snag that stops it getting the full five stars is that some tools are rather difficult to retrieve out of the unit, such as the saw. Still, it is a fantastic knife that I highly reccomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox Huntsman, 14 Jun 2008
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Victorinox Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
This pocketknife is a solid bit of kit from a well known and respected brand (beware of cheap imitations as the saying goes). It has all the basic tools you may need and even after years of owning one it still functions well and the blades have remained sharp. You can get these in different colours and they are so sturdy that they begin to look tatty only after extensive usage. If you want a Swiss army knife and are unsure which one to go for, this one is probably the standard that others are measured against and unless you need sport or industry specific tools on your knife, this one should cater for all of your needs. A great tool and a good buy.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Huntsman holds Swiss sublime set-piece, 17 Dec 2011
I trick myself into believing I'm an outside-kinda-guy. In doing so I have something of a penchant for Swiss Army Knives. Not that I own many. But I like them. Lotsly.

This product is just what I want: Competently and precisely made, study and useful on a daily basis for tasks which range from slitting open boxes to cutting fruit, from tinkering with my bike or having to snip a cord without forewarning, from opening a bottle for the impromptu moment to cutting off a wayward, small branch; all things which would rile with my pedantic ways were I not able to deal with them. In terms of price this constituted an online, dirt-cheap, bargain-basement sale - though in the very best of ways. Having previously purchased inferior varieties (in the sense that their utility was below that of this and not a reflection on the product's craftsmanship) for higher prices I was, as is the vernacular, "well chuffed". And this is not to mention the free delivery, should my (admittedly poor) memory not defeat me. It was a superb treat to pop through the letterbox, not least because of the the rapidity with which this it was dispatched to made, turning me a happy bunny of über proportions.

I'd happily recommend both Amazon and the product to anyone... and I do so, repeatedly. I'm already planning on the bigger, bulkier, stranger sorts of Victorinox's collection. They fascinate me so...

4.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox Huntsman Swiss Army Knife, 19 July 2009
J. D. Cooper (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have owned Victorinox Swiss Army Knives for over 30 years and bought this one to replace a similar item which Luton Airport Security relieved me of when I forgot to leave it at home on a recent EasyJet flight. I use the various tools so frequently that I feel naked without one in my pocket. Victorinox do a wide range of pocket knives and the Huntsman is about middle of the range. In my experience, they are all extremely well made and it is just a question of choosing the features you need. I have used most of the tools more than once and some of them many times. The biggest omissions on the Huntsman are a file and a cross-head screwdiver, although when I did own a model with the latter feature, it was mounted at right angles to the main body and was difficult to control without it closing up into the body.
The corkscrew can get you out of a hole when nothing else suitable is available, but it does tend to attract the attention of airport scurity scanner operators.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm amazed, 6 Aug 2009
I bought this for my Dad for his fishing. I viewed all the different models on the Victorinox Swiss Army Knife range and finally settled on the Huntsman. The Huntsmans model although at the lower end of the price range still packs a lot. The blades are extremely sharp, which is brilliant for cutting fishing wire and anything else. The scissors are very useful also and despite not having finger holes are very easy to use. The saw is fantasic, I've tried it and saws through wood with ease. All the accessories pull out snapping into place. It feels extremely well made and not flimsy. It took me a while to relise that it also has a built in tooth pick and tweezers that pop up out of the red case at the top! I've yet to try it on our annual trip to Scotland and hoping to put it through its paces up there, but so far 10/10.

Victorinox Swiss Army Pocket Tool