5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Timekeeper
Published 18 months ago by N. Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good watch
Arrived quickly. The watch is very easy to set up and better looking than the pictures would suggest. The numbers are quite large, making reading the face easy - the indiglo lighting function, making matters even better for dark winter runs. It is very comfortable to wear as the strap is easy to adjust to a precise fit.

The only issue I have is that I thought...
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by YaelD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Timex Ironman Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet T5H971 (Watch)

The only issue I have is that I thought it would have multiple timers (for interval training). A number of Ironman models do have such a function, unfortunately this particular Ironman model does not. It has a chrono, timer and alarms etc but not multiple timer function, I was after.

Other than that, a handsome, capable watch at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Timekeeper, 3 Sept. 2013
N. Bell "Nightbird" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd example of this watch I've bought. They are the most accurate watches I've ever had - essential for a fast jet pilot! I also think they look good, are easy to use, have multi-functions aplenty and have a really comfortable, easily adjustible strap. Unfortunately, when I changed the battery on my first one (after 8 years' ownership) I omitted to fit the case's rubber seal. That became apparent the next time I went swimming wearing the watch. My second (only purchased earlier this year) was ripped off my wrist by a piece of metal rigging from a capsized sailing boat I was recovering! I know where it is (roughly) but it's 18-20 feet down in the mud where, I'm sure, it will keep perfect time until at least 2021. I trust with this one it will be 3rd time lucky and I hope we will grow old together.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big face, small numbers., 20 April 2014
In general the watch is very good, I bought this to replace a much older version of the Ironman which was looking tatty and I was fed up with replacing the straps at stupid expense. However I was puzzled as to why I was having difficulty seeing the time. After a quick side-by-side comparison and a couple of anorak moments with a ruler it was obvious that the new watch had smaller digits than the old one - I am very disappointed in this. To be precise the old watch digits are 7.5mm high and the new ones are 6.25mm, a difference of 16%. To most people this will not present an issue but as I head towards old age I need something a little larger when I running - and for general telling the time, too!

I think we ought to start a campaign against Timex and their ridiculous and deliberate policy on watch straps, fitting short-life resin straps is obviously a big earner for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ironman watch review, 12 Sept. 2013
I lost my first one, rushing through CDG airport I left it in the scanner tray and didn't realise until I was on the plane. It only cost £21 back then. But how I miss it, triple alarms meant I always got up on time, different time zones were a boon and the big numbers and indiglo meant I could read it without putting my glasses on. It was as tough as old boots and I never took it off, shower, swimming everywhere. Now I've found one again I'm buying another, the Seiko and Omega can go back in the drawer, the Timex is just so good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Strap pins very poor, 3 Mar. 2013
I got tired of plastic straps degrading after 18 months so I bought 2 of these watches because of the metal straps (one for myself and one for my son). The body of the watch is made of plastic and the pins that hold the strap on are poor quality (weak). The result is that I have had to replace both pins on both watches after they have broken. The holes on the body of the watch have also become mis-shaped because the plastic body is not up to the job. The pins now just pop out instead of breaking. This is a shame because the actual watch does exactly what I wanted it to do. We have had both watches for over 6 months and, on the whole, I would advise people to avoid this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for the price!, 7 Feb. 2013
A. Saleem (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This is exactly what I was looking for: Clear large digital display (not an over-large humongous one, like some of the models available these days) with well-proportioned figures and all the required info lucidly displayed. Around £20 is the right price for this watch, as it is not one of those heavy-duty expensive ones. Does the job perfectly well though. I got the wristband professionally adjusted (shortened), which took all of 2 minutes, and the guy didn't even charge me! The indiglo light is cool as well. Overall a nicely presented, perfectly functional watch that does exactly what it says on the tin. Go for it......you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking sports watch, 19 Feb. 2013
Fed up with resin straps breaking - went for a metal strap and this was excellent value at the price, delivery very quick. Easy to operate , good sized buttons , didn't need to refer to instructions . Good size dial with easily readable figures . Multi alarms , stopwatch with 30split laps . timer and remdinder . Shortening the strap by removing links was easy once I found out the pins needed to be tapped out not screwed . Watch look sgood fro everyday where but meatl strap is not an eencumberance when exercising , so overall excellent buy at the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Timex Ironman Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display., 23 April 2013
I like it very good watch. This watch has very good display and time sitting menus is easy, all so you can keep data save like birthday..

5.0 out of 5 stars solid watch, 13 Mar. 2013
Well made watch with some timers and I think 2 other time zones possible. Good light, sensible sturdy strap, clear numerals and you can make the date into dd.mm format not mm.dd as in picture. The description stated mineral glass but it is plastic; as it described the strap wrongly and all the other Ironman watches had a plastic front I expected this and no worries as it is recessed so won't easily scratch
Excellent watch at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 22 Aug. 2013
Excellent readout. I can see it without my glasses. and a nice strap and case. The price was also good value

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›