5.0 out of 5 stars APC P1Uk SURGE PROTECTOR
THIS SURGE PROTECTOR IS AN EXCELENT PRODUCT WHICH I USED TO PROTECT A NEW TELEVISION AS IT IS SO UNOBTRUSIVE.SOME MAINS BORN INTERFERENCE I HAD
HAS NOW DISAPPEARED.
Published on 13 Feb 2012 by Mr. Andrew T. Waugh

3.0 out of 5 stars bril but really you dont need
now i think this all big fat lie to get us spending more we dont really seriously need them at all bought anyway but dont use its good when i do though
Published 8 months ago by k.b

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars APC P1Uk SURGE PROTECTOR, 13 Feb 2012
HAS NOW DISAPPEARED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Single Socket Surge Protection, 9 July 2011
Jason Rennie "jren207" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
Quite simply, this is a surge protector and so, you just plug it into the wall socket, then plug your electrical device into it. It should then protect against Lightning, spikes, and surges. However I don't like taking chances with my electrical devices, so I wanted a quality protector.

In this instance, I needed to protect a single electrical device, so I wanted to find a protector that does just that. As a satisfied customer of other APC products, finding this particular single socket surge protector was a more than welcome find.

Purchasing this product was a great decision as the build quality is great, in that it doesn't feel cheap, flimsy, or prone to breaking at all. The pins are sturdy for plugging into the wall socket, and plugging a plug into the protector itself is met with ease too. The socket has shuttered pins for safety and to prevent any dust or debris entering it when not in use.

There's a small, green LED indicator at the top of the protector that gives a subtle indication that the surge protection is working as it should be. If this light doesn't light up, then it means the protection is faulty, or there has actually been a surge which has damaged the protection (you then should NOT use the protector and return it under the "Lifetime Product Warranty" if this is the case).

What really made me confident with using this particular surge protector is the "Lifetime Connected Equipment Protection". This means that if the equipment I've connected to the surge protector gets damaged due to a power surge, then I'm eligible for a claim to replace the protector itself, and to have either the connected equipment repaired, or replaced up to a value of £35,000 (Check the T&C's in the included leaflet).

I can't comment at this stage on how effective the protection is as I've not yet experienced a power surge, however as I previously mentioned, I don't like taking chances, and so I'm pretty sure this surge protector will do its job perfectly well.

Overall, I'm pleased with this purchase and it only adds to my positive impression of APC products once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a fine surge protector, 17 May 2010
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
I've bought four of these devices and they have proved to be as capable as I hoped they'd be.
The APC P1Uk Surge protectors react extremely quickly to mains surges plus, as a very welcome bonus, my "network over the mains" homeplugs still worked with no problems.
They may be more expensive than some of the alternatives I could have bought, but I believe it was money very well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for telephone surges, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
i bought this for my mum as she has been receiving odd telephone rings in the night. BT suggested it might be a surge from a fridge or freezer, and since it's been used, she's not received any more calls; excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
The materials used and the finish of this item give it a look and feel of quality.
I wanted a surge protector for my new HP Laptop that was not bulky and was easily portable.
I cant comment on the effectiveness yet as i just received it but you cant go wrong as it has a
lifetime guarantee for the life time of the original purchaser.All in all an axcellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works ! Own 3 pieces now .., 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
Have been using the APC P1Uk Surge protector for 3 years now without any fault. It's build quality is so good have ended up buying a futher 2 for my colleauges at work. It's highly portable and light to handle. I can swear by it (almost), given that i live in a area with constant power fluctuations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surge protector, 28 May 2013
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
Robust and functional. Just sits there and does the job at a good price.
Only downside is the size which prevents others plugs being inserted in close proximity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost Effective Surge and Spike protection, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
A nice, neat, unobtrusive, plug/socket, which according to the manufacturer, not only has the actual protection within the product itself (so as to protect electronic equipment), but also comes with insurance protection and with a data retrival promise. The product covers, spikes, surges and lightning etc. and has good guarentee for both the product and the devices it serves/supports. We have kept the packaging, instructions and receipt on file so as to maintain the various guarentees etc. (hopefully we will never have to use them). A good, cost effective, solution to protecting various computer related/electronic devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars APC P1uk Surge Protector, 27 Mar 2011
Mr. M. Sanders "TX41" (Powys, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
Having a problem with a guitar amplifier prone to electrical spikes interference, used this on stage with the amplifier plugged in and cured the fizzy interference type sound.

Great!

WIll be buying a spare one for the computer at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 29 Mar 2009
T. Sykes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: APC P1Uk Surge Protector (Accessory)
Does what its supposed to do I assume. Gives peace of mind for a computer router/switch etc, just in case. APC quality and build quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›