on 11 February 2006
This is Kylie's best tour ever, better than Fever tour 2002 which I thought impossible to beat at the time. With the Showgirl Tour, Kylie has broken the records for nearly all the major arenas in the UK because it literally sold out in seconds and more and more dates had to be added. It sold out so fast that a telephone exchange went down. I saw the show at Manchester's Evening News Arena on the 23rd April 2005 and it was spectacular, i couldnt believe my eyes and ears, Kylie sang so strongly and perfectly and didn't mime at all (unlike Britney and Madonna.) Kylie is definitely the best showgirl the world has ever had and i hope she gets better soon. When I saw her in Manchester, she was so good that i experienced such a lovely warm feeling. My sister and dad were very impressed as well and after every song my sister turned to me and was smiling saying "her voice sounds so strong" and i agreed. It is definitely worth buying but buy Fever and Live In Sydney as well because they are great but not as great as Showgirl. Intimate and Live is worth buying if you want to see Kylie perform on a low budget because she does it well even without all the technology and effects. Get well soon Kylie and definitely buy Showgirl even if you don't buy anything else, it will blow you away.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2005
Kylie Minogue is by far the U.K's greatest tour girl - up there with Madonna, of course. And so she brings you Showgirl - her All The Feathers tour performed and shot in its entirely. Kylie performs over twenty-five of her amazing Greatest Hits (Better The Devil You Know; Especially For You; Love At First Sight; I Believe In You; who can forget Can't Get You Out Of My Head?), and songs she's never done on any of her tours before (Dreams), and a few fantastic cover versions (Somewhere Over The Rainbow; In Denial). There's also a twenty-minute documentary and video projections in their full. Futhermore, the twelve-page booklet with stunning, never-before-seen pictures, makes this release SO WORTH WHILE. *GET WELL SOON, KYLIE*
22 comments14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2005
I saw this concert live at Earls Court and am extremely impressed with this DVD (which was recorded at Earls Court). The picture quality is excellent as is the sound quality, putting the last concert release (Live in Manchester) to shame. The sound is available in Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1, and is truly stunning. The presentation of the concert is pretty much as the live concert, I only noticed one edit. Kylie is singing live, as usual, and performing songs from throughout her career, right from the start upto the very latest single releases. This DVD includes access to what goes on behind the stage – interesting stuff.
I put this DVD on a par with the Kylie Live In Sydney DVD. Excellent, high quality, includes the classics from Kylie, a must have for any Kylie fan. Also includes a DVD ROM section.
on 3 December 2005
I would recommend this amazing DVD to anyone, whether you are a big Kylie fan or just a "so, so" Kylie fan. I was the latter until I went to see her at Earls Court on the day this DVD was filmed. I was totally blown away by her professionalism. She put on the most amazing show. Each song flows into the next with ease(I had NO idea she had sung so many songs until I looked at the DVD song list!!) The concert was in sections with different themes and each song is made to fit each theme. She wears the most fantastic costumes and is so warm with the crowd you can't help falling in love with her. All of this just days before it was announced that she had cancer. What an amazing lady.
I walked away from Earls Court that night with my 10 year old daughter and we were both Kylie fans for life after the experience we had. I hope that this DVD has the same aeffect on you as it did on us.
Buy. Watch. Enjoy!!
on 14 January 2009
Talk about eye candy?! I have seen many concerts on tour, but never have I seen so much effort and attention to detail as I have in the Kylie Showgirl Tour DVD.

Costume, Choreography & Stage:
It seems to me that no expense was spared to ensure the audience gets a first class show-- the costumes are amasingly colourful, imaginative and sexy. The choreography is upbeat and uniquely Kylie-style. Her dance troupe is seamless in their moves, very athletic is feel and enjoyable to watch-- they only add (do not detract) from the show. The stage and lighting effects are outstanding and are very dynamic, and often changing entirely (along with Kylies' & her troupes costumes) from song to song.

Vocals:
Kylie's voice is superb-- the recording is flawless and 'strong' as another reviewer so adeptly put it. It is an engaging show that is highly entertaining with a good mix of recent and older songs like Loco-Motion, but with a updated flare which allows the listener to enjoy the music anew.

Fresh & Enjoyable:
One element of this show that is unique to Kylie, is how she has altered the 'tone and colour' a few songs and kept others true to the original. For example, 'Come into My World' originally an upbeat fun song, became a lovely lyrical ballad in the Showgirl tour. Conversely,the tone of 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' was nearly unaltered from the original video which was an excellent decision in my opinion, as too often a great song such as that is changed for the sake of 'freshening it up' only to have it fall flat because the spark of what made it special in the first place is lost in the new rendering.

Great show-- go get a copy for yourself!
All hail the world's greatest showgirl!!
Kylie's most ultimate concert ever is coming to DVD, and it's a must have for all music lovers. Stylish backdrops, stunning costumes and eye-catching dancers provide a feast for the eyes, nearly distracting viewers from the lady herself.
24 of her most loved singles from PWL, deconstruction and Parlapone, plus what is probably most fans favourite non-single track 'Dreams'. And, in case this isn't enough, there are also covers of Judy Garland's immortal classic 'Over The Rainbow', and Pet Shop Boys 'In Denial'.
I was lucky enough to go to 2 shows, and I admit I was surprised by the strength of her voice - she really can hit the high notes. Just wait to you hear 'Confide In Me' and 'Over The Rainbow'.
I have to admit my favourites were the classic PWL hits, all our favourites are here: 'Better The Devil You Know', 'Shocked', 'What Do I Have To Do', 'Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi', 'Hand On Your Heart', 'Locomotion', 'I Should Be So Lucky' and 'Especially For You'.
Another stand out number is 'I Believe In You'; it really took my breath away - just superb! 'Come Into My World', 'Put Yourself In My Place', 'Chocolate' and 'On A Night Like This' are all hauntingly beautiful.
And don't forget the extras: a backstage documentary, screen visuals and ROM section for your computer, so you can download screen savers and wallpapers.
Get well soon Kylie, we all miss you!!
on 4 January 2006
I went to see the Showgirl Tour in April 2005 at the NEC in Birmingham and got butterflies with the excitement. When I received the DVD for Xmas I watched it again and received exactly the same butterflies. Would recommend it to anyone who loves Kylie as it shows her at her best!
on 23 October 2015
I came to Kylie completely by chance. Being a Pet Shop Boy fan, I watched their really fun pop song "Falling" (its demo is widely available, sung by Neil Tennant) turned into some inaudible mash for Kylie's eponymous fifth album. Fortunately, the Boys did not give up that easily and invited Kylie to sing "In Denial" with Neil on their Nightlife album.
Now "In Denial" was one of Nightlife's very few highlights, and in many ways the song saves the album from the oblivion it would have otherwise been precipitated in.
The song, a duet between a daughter and her gay father, is at the same time poignant and phenomenally lyrical. Despite not being a single, Kylie considered it to be "high up there" to join the singles making the bulk of "Showgirl", Kylie Minogue's greatest hits tour from 2005. Neil Tennant's recorded voice acts as the other voice from the duet and the song fits the show very well.

For the rest, I was impressed with Kylie. The professionalism of the show, the wardrobes, the dancers, the singers, the staging: this is a remarkable "career tour", and I have been impressed by the songs, and the sheer artistry of the singer, who can seamlessly sing, dance and act with consummate professionalism. Contrary to what I read here and there, the voice is absolutely beautiful, particularly in the high notes, and she impresses in "Over the rainbow", "Slow", "On a night like this" among many others.
Her repertoire is really entertaining - I had not realised she had sung so many hits "better the devil the know", "giving you up", "on a night like this", the LEGENDARY "can't get you out of my head" etc etc.....So this is a really entertaining DVD. If I have to neat-pick, I will mention two things: first, the show is very long (close to two hours) and as is often the case for long live shows (Pet Shop Boys' "Nightlife" tour comes to mind), there are moments when the tension lapses a bit (between "Come into my world" and "Dreams" for this show). The other slight problem is that the musicians are good but not great. Every effort should have been made to work the arrangements of the songs a little bit more. In this instance, they can sometimes sound quite similar - which is a shame.
Oh well, it doesn't matter.....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2006
If you don't even consider yourself a Kylie fan just watch this and you'll be converted.
The perfect tracklisting, the lights, the dancers and of course, the feathers make this a pleasure to watch from start to finish.
I was won over after seeing it and you should be to.
Kylie’s most ultimate concert ever is coming to DVD, and it’s a must have for all music lovers. Stylish backdrops, stunning costumes and eye-catching dancers provide a feast for the eyes, nearly distracting viewers from the lady herself.
24 of her most loved singles from PWL, deconstruction and Parlapone, plus what is probably most fans favourite non-single track ‘Dreams’. And, in case this isn’t enough, there are also covers of Judy Garland’s immortal classic ‘Over The Rainbow’, and Pet Shop Boys ‘In Denial’.
I was lucky enough to go to 2 shows, and I admit I was surprised by the strength of her voice – she really can hit the high notes. Just wait to you hear ‘Confide In Me’ and ‘Over The Rainbow’.
I have to admit my favourites were the classic PWL hits, all our favourites are here: ‘Better The Devil You Know’, ‘Shocked’, ‘What Do I Have To Do’, ‘Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi’, ‘Hand On Your Heart’, ‘Locomotion’, ‘I Should Be So Lucky’ and ‘Especially For You’.
Another stand out number is ‘I Believe In You’; it really took my breath away – just superb! ‘Come Into My World’, ‘Put Yourself In My Place’, ‘Chocolate’ and ‘On A Night Like This’ are all hauntingly beautiful.
Then there’s Kylie’s current, and most popular Parlapone sound. ‘In Your Eyes’, ‘Giving You Up’, ‘Spinning Around’, ‘Red Blooded Woman’ (Medley with ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’), ‘Slow’, ‘Please Stay’, ‘Your Disco Needs You’, ‘Can’t Get You Out Of My Head’ and ‘Love At First Sight’ all passionately sung by our favourite pop princess!
And don’t forget the extras: a backstage documentary, screen visuals and ROM section for your computer, so you can download screen savers and wallpapers.
Get well soon Kylie, we all miss you!!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse