Format: DVD|Change

on 10 December 2010
This is a great piece of animation and the love of the art form by the animators is present in every surreal, finely crafted scene. The story is bizarre of course, the design highly stylised and the music complements it perfectly - Danny Elfman (The Simpsons, Sledge Hammer, Alice In Wonderland, actually you name it, he's probably been involved) was on top form.

But the down side is no fault of the film makers. Clips used in the extras show this should be in a 2.35:1 ratio not the 1.85:1 used on this disc, and for the first time on any of my BluRays or dvd's there's no title screen for the film! How odd. The film just plays as soon as it goes in the PS3, and in order to see the choice of interesting extras, you need to poke the right button to bring up a mini-menu along the bottom of the screen while the film plays. There's no introductory Warner Brothers logo, no copyright notice, and no main title screen offering subtitles, scene selection, extras or anything. So that's a bit shoddy and surprising. Mind you, there is a weirdness in watching two of the characters because Victor's father looks like John Prescott, and the villain of the piece looks like Peter Haine.

I can only presume this will get a re-release at some point where the ratio is correct and the inclusion of a simple title page will be addressed. If I was cynical I'd suspect this cut-price BluRay is merely stage one in an exercise in how to sell the same thing again and again...
on 30 August 2015
One of our all time favourite movies!
on 22 April 2016
Enjoyable cartoon with a wierd story
on 25 November 2015
Fantastic. Tim Burton at his best.
on 6 January 2015
Super stocking filler. Thank you.
on 28 January 2016
Brilliant and very quick delivery
on 12 January 2009
I've seen this one on DVD and I couldn't resist getting it now in Blu-Ray. It's great entertainment for people of all ages. You won't be disappointed!
on 9 March 2016
Good Quality. Item as described.
on 15 April 2006
Following up from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas", which I thought was very good, I knew Corpse Bride would be a hit.

Unfortunately I missed it when it was showing at the cinema, so I decided to rent it via amazon dvd rental.

Instant reaction~ I loved it. I have watched it twice and still love it. That's why I'm purchasing the dvd because it is something that I think I would enjoy without any serious attention required. It is clever how it all links, great humour and just pure entertainment. I recommend this dvd to anyone, children, adults... anyone. I find it amazing how they produced the whole film and I certainly admire Tim Burton's creativity.
on 17 February 2015
Fast delivery, would recommend.