5.0 out of 5 stars Have to Have This!!
Published on 30 Nov. 2006 by DonnaTheDead

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 16 days ago by philip hinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to Have This!!, 30 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
I've wanted this CD just off the strength of The Dells' "It's All Up to You", which is the most gorgeous song I've ever heard. Typically, this compilation is unavailable in the States, and I can't buy it off of UK iTunes (where I got to hear a sample of each song), so I'm just going to have to buy it here. As a Yank who loves her Northern Soul, I gotta say that the British are first class when it comes to championing and cherishing good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Compilation, 16 May 2006
Brian Martin "lucky laddie" (Erskine Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
A budget priced twenty tracker compiled by Richard Searling as was the first one in the series which had all the classics and was a good place to start for any new northern soul fan.

This time Richard has covered the more soulful modern sounding side of Northern Soul with a mix of old classics and newer tracks up to 1976.

There's lots of quality tracks on show here too many to go through and the sound quality is also good

At the price 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Northern Soul compilation, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
This really is one of the best Northern Soul CDs I've seen, and at a really cheap price (£4.37 as I type).

It is stacked full of dancers, and no duplicate tracks with my existing collection. My favourites being:
Joann Garrett - 'Foolish Me' / The Tymes - 'What Would I Do' / Dottie Cambridge - 'Cry Your Eyes Out' / Lorraine Ellison - 'Call Me Anytime You Need Some Lovin'' / April Stevens - 'Wanting You' / The Prophets - 'I Got The Fever' / and the CD ends with two cracking instrumentals: The Righteous Brothers - 'Rat Race' / The Soulful Strings - 'Comin' Home Baby'.

It should be one to add to any collection. Volume 2 has three more tracks than volume 1, and I think the quality of tunes is just a bit better on this edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compilation, 29 Mar. 2014
G. K. Griffiths (Wolverhampton, West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
This is one of those compilations which contains a wonderful mix of Northern Soul tracks which do not all correspond to the stereotype fast beat rhythm usually associated with the genre. Sure there are tracks which are upbeat and guaranteed to get the feet tapping (I'm a bit too old to go leaping around as I used to), while at the same time there are slower numbers which I remember distinctly from my trips to the Catacombs. My personal favourite on this disc is the lovely Cry Your Eyes Out by Dotty Cambridge which evokes wonderful memories for me. For someone wishing to experience the true nature and breadth of Northern Soul this CD is an absolute must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Additon to the collection, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
Some slightly rarer tracks on this album, good combination of dancers and more soulful slow groovers including Ruby Andrews I got a bone to pick with you - Love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Compilation, 12 May 2014
Richard Newbold (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
I loved Volume 1, and bought this one sight unseen, and although it's a different obscurer mix (fewer Motown, more "modern" 1970s material), it's a great buy. My favourite "Foolish Me" - Joanne Garrett.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation, good to see some lesser know favourites, 19 April 2015
Great compilation, good to see some lesser know favourites, brought back happy memories of The Torch and Blacpool Mecca. Fantastic to see Cry On My Shoulder, a true classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 11 Nov. 2013
Mr. Graham Scott "gascottuk" (Bolton, Lancs England) - See all my reviews
Well worth the purchase to add to my soul collection.
I would highly recommend anyone to purchase this album as it is both great value and full of great tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Northern Soul Connoissers Vol. 2., 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
Wonderful sister album to Volume 1.
Could not fail to please any real fan of
Northern Soul !! these 2 albums have
not been off my CD player !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 2 Sept. 2013
AlanB (Runcorn Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 (Audio CD)
All of the tracks on this CD are excellent, brought back wonderful memories of nighters at the casino. All in all a very good CD

Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2
Northern Soul Connoisseurs Volume 2 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2005)