5.0 out of 5 stars Delirious The Mission Bell
Mission Bell is Delirious's eight studio album and in my opinion is everything you would expect from the group. It combines exciting music with deep challenges and messages to our hearts.
The first track Stronger which is on the Narnia Chronicles complilation grows on you declaring the way of unity and love.
The second track Now is the time sets the tone...
Published on 28 Jan 2006 by Rachel C

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best
This album does have a few good tracks, but I don't think that it really deserves the accolade of 'an awesome album'. I found this album largely very dissapointing. Tracks such as 'Paint the town red' screamed of a band comprising of 40+ year olds trying too hard to be youthful. They just don't quite pull it off. In fairness to it tracks like 'Our God Reigns' and 'take of...
Published on 18 Nov 2006 by S. Bower

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delirious The Mission Bell, 28 Jan 2006
Rachel C (Co.Down, Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
The second track Now is the time sets the tone for the whole cd and encourages the church to live our lives now for God as he is alive and we need to take responsibility for the call of God on our lives. Also encourages christians saying that we do make a difference in all our community's we live in.
The third track Solid Rock, which features Toby Mac, declares the intent to stand our ground and stand firm in this world at the present time with all the different troubles.
The fourth track All This Time is about us christians serving God and how it is our time to do his call and be his window to the world.
The fifth track Miracle Maker is about being healed and how we can finally meet god. A very moving song with powerful lyrics that give me goose bumps when I listen to it.
The sixth track Here I Am Send Me is about christians only needing one tiny glimpse of God and how we all need to say "Here I Am Send Me" out into the world God.
The seventh track Fires Burn focuses on Jesus's return how heaven is our detination and one day soon Jesus will come in the clouds and take all his followers home.
The eighth track Our God Reigns discuses issues in the world such as abortion, aids, obsession with self. It is a admission that we have watched and done little to be part of the solution and that we have a great God that reigns even when some aspects have failed to bring God into society.
The ninth track Love Is A Miracle is a song of redemption a celebration of finding God and his miraclous love.
The tenth track Paint The Town Red is a brilliant anthem about the blood of Jesus and how we christians are the army of God and are ready to die.
The eleventh track Take Of My Shoes underlies God's unfailing love for us and his cry for us.
Finally the last track on the album I'll See You is such a haunting song featuring Moya Breannan sounding like an angel singing a Gaelic prayer and is about meeting Jesus face to face.
The 12 songs on The Mission Bell illustrates how Delirious have effectively stretched the boundaries of worship music with out loosing its audience in the process and gives christian faith in these troubled times. It is a very addictive album and definitely is a must have in your collection. Review by Rachel Carlisle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Again, nothing new to add, except..., 27 Sep 2006
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
if you're evangelical, and you want to share your faith, this album is a wonderful tool for doing that. Lyrically, as good as you'd expect from a band who love Jesus as much as they clearly do, and musically, the melodies are fab. It's the sort of music secular people will listen to (as other reviewers have said, it gets better with repeat hearingness) and actually like. It doesn't shove Christianity down anyone's throat: this is simply adoration and worship, set to music that anyone with a rock bent would listen to.

On a personal note, I found it's given me a good place to start conversationally, as well. A friend loved it, asked what it was and when I explained it was a Christian band, they suddenly decided it sucked. It was fascinating asking why the band's faith made them do a 180, and we ended up having a wonderful conversation about faith, the way it seems to affect non-Christians and why. It was ace. And it had a great soundtrack.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a grower, 18 Nov 2005
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
Well i was very excited when i recieved my copy through in the post. i had high expectations after listening to the clips from their website. but frankly its slightly disapointing. There are a few real gems notably Solid rock nd love is a miracle, because of their use of a gospel choir. But on the first few listenings nothing else really struck me as brilliant.
The artwork for the album is awesome as well as the production and the range of styles of music on just one CD.
When world service came out i had the same thoughts as with Mission bell but it grew on me until i loved it. Maybe this a traight with the bands music because i have a feeling that i'll soon be shouting out about songs like Paint the town Red and our God reigns not to mention the rest of the album.
So well done delirious, good job and i hope the album grows on me as much as the last one did. Anywaay i've booked myself into their shephards bush gig on the 22nd of december, if you want to judge their album thats the place to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mission Bell is ringing!!! Whoooooooooa!, 2 Dec 2005
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
So guys, here’s the next album off the conveyor belt, one cycle completing roughly on a bi-yearly basis. Credit where credits due, and credit is due. And that credit goes to The Mission Bell.
For the first time the Littlehampton 5 have done something that they haven’t managed to do before. Yes. All there albums have been good to excellent. Yes. Everyone loves them. And yes. Everyone loves this one. So what is different here?
Well, for the first time the truly fantastic Delirious, have produced an album that has a logical progression from the previous one. World Service was the marking of a new birth for the boys, it was different, like all there albums before that and the impression was the band were constantly reinventing themselves, which worked, but implied a constant desire to fit in – somewhere.
But now, this album has that imperative logical progression. You can see that this album stems from World Service, that it’s the same lads doing what they do best rocking out for Jesus! This is an achievement. Essentially you could trade songs form WS and the MB and they would not seem out of place. The same vibe, the same ring, the same… I don’t know, it just works. It fits perfectly.
Ok. The songs. Lyrically these songs are just fantastic. I played a few to a close friend and the first words out of his mouth were that you can see that Martin Smith has such a relationship with the Lord. And this is evident.
The album in general is somewhat slower than quicker. So if your looking for loads of thrashers then you may be disappointed – not entirely though. Here i am send me, and Now is the time, are both just amazing songs that once more demonstrate that Delirious find something fresher than before every time. The album demonstrates more than ever before an “I’m not ashamed of the gospel” approach. And the non-Christian would soon realise that these tunes had more to them than just the random thoughts of a random artist. The slower stuff on the album is also just fantastic, very intimate and very heart felt. Take of my shoes, I think is the best of these.
A resent article reviewing this album suggested that without God Delirious could be huge, but it has to be said that this album demonstrates something that does not desire “hugeness” but rather a passion for the cause D? sing for. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Album For All Delirious? Fans., 28 Nov 2005
J. E. ODELL "jo_odell" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
In a word, this new album by arguably the best Christian band ever is fantastic! By far the stand-out track is Miracle Maker, but all the tracks are brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mission Bell, 8 Nov 2005
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
After thier last studio album, World Service, Delirious had a tough act to follow. Where they sucsessful? In a word, Yes!
Some of the music reminds me a bit of thier audio lessonover album, but the lyrics are much better. Miracle Maker, Now is the time, Our God Reigns are definetly the best ones on this album and the ones to listen out for at thier upcoming tour.
This album is full of passion, go and buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the misssion bell ringing, 22 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
This Cd is beautiful. I only was introduced to Delirious's music a year ago and i don't know how i ever lived without their music ringing in my ears...their are at least two classic tracks already on this album...Miracle maker amd Our God Reigns. All the tracks are growers....You won't regret buying this cd if you are already a fan ...if you hav'nt heard them before i would guarantee that even if the subject matter is not your cuppa tea you will be moved by at least two of the songs to the extent you will want to know more about this bands music...Martin smith, the lead singer, sings with the utmost conviction about his beliefs. An absolute pleasure always :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Heart and Guts of Delirious, 31 Jan 2006
Henk Kruger (South Africa, Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
The Mission Bell begins gently and slowly, but at the end of the 1st track it explodes into the 2nd track with pure brilliance, as you would expect from a top class band. I like every song on this CD, which is unusual for almost any artist. The 5th track, Miracle Maker, brings tears to my eyes almost every time I listen to it and it has to be one of the most intense worship songs I have ever listened to. Our God Reigns is also a powerful and intense worship song. I can truly say this has to be their best album yet. "Live and in the Can" used to be my favorite Delirious CD, but I believe that the heart and passion of Delirious is reflected through this album like no other album of theirs has done yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class music., 14 Aug 2007
T. W. Tyers - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delirious / The Mission Bell (Audio CD)
I have read the reviews and bought the CD. I would say that this is Delirious at another level. I know all about the quality of some of there previous releases such as Glo and Mezzamorphosis but I would say that this tops them all on two accounts; firstly the quality of song writing has improved from an already high level and secondly Martin's voice reaches new heights on this one. Considering the averageness of some successful bands at the minute, it is a travesty that Delirious are not UK megastars but ho-hum I guess that comes with the teritory of being a Christian in today's society. I urge you to go for this one, listen and enjoy top musicianship on every account.

Trev from Leicester U.K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk About Growing On You, 26 Jan 2006
2 words to describe this ... brilliant brilliant brilliant .Oops sorry thats 3
When i first played it i thought , man have i bought a duffer here . I played it again a few weeks later and then it just started growing on me .
It somehow combines worship along with Rock and it seems to have everything in it , well done Lads , a real treat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Delirious / The Mission Bell
Delirious / The Mission Bell by Delirious? (Audio CD - 2005)