4.0 out of 5 stars Great yoga workout
Despite my initial doubts I really do like this workout. I usually avoid 'celebrity' workouts like the plague but this one really is worth taking the time to try it out.

Published on 30 Jun 2006 by Noames

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not for beginners
I liked the instructor and I also liked that Jane does not speak at all during the routine. I also liked the music and the scenery. I found the instructions easy to follow, and the pace of exercises was good.

However, I'm a beginner and this DVD has two levels, 1 and 2. I have only done level 1 so far and that was a bit challenging. The postures were...
Published on 10 Aug 2008 by Salvora

4.0 out of 5 stars Great yoga workout, 30 Jun 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)

I have been doing yoga consistently for about a year so I went straight to level two as level one looked a bit basic. Level 2 is perfect for me although I am not the most flexible person in the world I am getting there. I am able to do most of the asanas to a satisfactory degree while I still have a way to go to get into a few of the positions fully which provides a nice enough challenge for me and I won't get bored of the workout too quickly. Another thing I like is that Jane is very much in the background, meaning no talking or interruptions from her and Ryan the yogi does all of the talking and his voice is quite soothing. I find his instructions to be very good and aimed at the right level, guiding you through so if you are used to yoga you know exactly what you are supposed to be doing without having to keep turning to look at the TV. I also like the fact that the positions are held for a reasonable length of time. I have a few yoga DVDs where this doesn't happen and you really feel the difference.

I rented this DVD as part of my free DVD rental trial and I'm glad I did. I will definitely buy it and be using it on a regular basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thankyou !, 1 April 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
At last a Yoga DVD that is just as good and beneficial as going to a Yoga Class. fantastic
My local Bikram class finished last year , and I have been looking for something just as good . This is brilliant .
What would be good is if LoveYoga2 is made ,it can include a few of the Bikram postures as well .
otherwise brilliant , money well spent !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best! Shavasana! Ever!!!, 14 Jan 2008
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I have a modest library of about 20 yoga DVDs (and growing) and this one has by far the best relaxation session of the bunch. It's long and leisurely, with subtle, floaty music and just the right amount of guidance from Ryan Spielman to induce complete physical and mental relaxation. I find the shavasana lacking in different ways (too short, too talky, music too upbeat, etc.) on many of my other DVDs, and often use this one - it's chaptered as a separate practice - at the end of other workouts.
By the time I get to the relaxation I've usually earned it. Ryan Spielman teaches a strong, well-aligned posture flow. It doesn't say so anywhere on the disc, but there's an Iyengar flavour to the proceedings. He pays due attention to the placement of feet, the angle of a knee, the turn of a neck and so on. Timing wise, his cueing is spot on.
For the moment I'm content at level one - designed for beginners, but fairly challenging. It's a grounded, thorough set of sun salutes and standing poses with long, testing holds. Then floor work - back bends, some powerful hip stretches and forward bends. Level 2 moves on faster and deeper - I'll get there some day, I hope.
I have to confess I hadn't heard of Jayne Middlemiss when I ordered the DVD. I thought she was the yoga instructor. She takes the same approach as Ali McGraw on the (wonderful) Erich Schiffman workout - staying silent, and letting the master speak. Result: two beautifully executed, expertly taught yoga sessions, filmed amid gorgeous scenery. A+

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall quite good, 6 Mar 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
The DVD has two stages - level one, and level two. I've never done yoga before and I think level one is a good starting work-out - all the postures and the breathing are explained thoroughly, and you go through the poses at an easy pace.
I have now just moved onto Level two. This is a lot harder and quicker and poses that I hadn't done before in level one are moved through quickly and not explained fully. Therefore, for me, level two has been a bit disapponting and I think you need to go to some classes to compliment the workout - basically so you know what you're doing!
That's why I only give it 4/5 stars. Plus the fact that Jayne is very annoying in the video diaries. Luckily, she doesn't open her mouth throughout the routines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whole New Outlook On Life!, 6 Jan 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
After not working out for at least a year (!) I decided for my new year's resolution (of course) to get a move on. I bought Love Yoga because I really like Jayne Middlemiss, and was pleasantly surprised to find the beginner section of the program to be perfectly suited to my level of fitness. It was challenging yet not too much so that I ever felt discouraged. I would recommend this yoga DVD to anyone who regularily does yoga or who wants to try it out. I'm addicted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best yoga workout available, 9 Mar 2009
C. P. Costouros (Athens) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I have been practising yoga for the last 7 to 8 years on and off (mostly off...) but for the last 3 months and since stopping smoking I have been practising almost daily. Throughout all the previous years I have collected more or less every yoga dvd available on Amazon but I can truthfully say that this dvd is by far the best in all the fronts.

First of all it is great value for money as it offers two practices: one for beginners and one for intermediate practitioners. When I started practising yoga 3 months ago I was very out of shape so I started with Level 1 which admittedly was quite a challenge for me... I did it first thing in the morning and was then exhausted for the rest of the day. I also found the length of time that the poses Warrior 1 and 2 were kept was too much for my thighs. But, surprisingly, after one month of daily practice my strength had improved dramatically and I moved on to Level 2. I can do Level 2 now comfortably although due to the fact that I am not very flexible I use a belt for the seated forward bends. The best part is however, that after practising in the morning I no longer feel like I am ready for another 8-hour sleeping session but rather, ready to go through my day! So the improvement is noticeable (and I am 31 years old, not 20!).

I have literally tried all the other yoga dvds available, Rodney Yee, all the Gaiam ones, and all the other "celebrity" yoga dvds available and this is by far the most thorough yoga workout. It's vinyasa flow, so, for me, that means that it's neither ashtanga nor strictly hatha, i.e. it's not going to kill you aerobically but it's also not going to bore you and you are going to sweat if you are reasonably fit and less. For the fitter people or advanced practitioner it would probably be too basic. It is however the perfect introduction to ashtanga vinyasa yoga particularly if used together with MTV Yoga DVD which I also think is very good (although not as good as this one).

I think that this dvd's success is attributable strictly to the yoga instructor Ryan Spielman of whom I am a big fan. He is THE yoga master for me and such an excellent and inspiring teacher. I just hope that he would consider making another DVD (perhaps a Level 3...!!!!) for the unlucky majority around the world who is not able to attend his regular classes.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Jayne Middlemiss Love Yoga, 6 Jan 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
Having never tried yoga before, this DVD was a perfect induction for me (thanks Santa!!). There’s a really good intro at the beginning from Jayne and she explains why she likes yoga, how it tones your body and increases fitness – perfect, exactly what I need after all those mince pies! What’s also good is that you can skip the intro second time and round and go straight to the yoga.
Jayne’s trainer Ryan Spielman takes you through each move from top to toe with such clarity that can infact keep you eyes shut through most of the session. There are different levels, but I started at level one and then took a break between each level.
It is quite strenuous, but I felt really calm and refreshed afterwards. I just wish that I was doing it in the same tropical place as Jayne was and not in my front living room!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ashtanga style yoga dvd, 4 Jan 2006
R Ridley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I have had a daily yoga practice for over 3 years and in the last year have moved to a more flowing vinyasa style of yoga (based on the ashtanga primary series). However the full series is too much for me on a daily basis and I am always on the look out for shorter forms. The Love Yoga dvd has two levels, one for beginners and one for improvers. I have to confess that I haven't looked at the beginners one as the level 2 programme is perfect for me. It is 1 hour 10 mins long and works through sun salutations, standing poses, seated poses, backbends, shoulderstand ending with a 10 minute long relaxation. What makes this different from other celebrity yoga dvds is that Jayne actually only introduces the dvd and leaves the talking totally to the excellent instructor Ryan Spielman. He takes you through a complete ashtanga style routine which is challenging and yet achievable. The location is stunning and Ryan's instruction is really brilliant. My only criticism is that it would help to have the routine broken into chapters so you have the option of devising your own shorter version when time is limited. As I mentioned I haven't tried the beginner routine but in the more advanced version Ryan suggests options for the less flexible so am sure that the level 1 routine will be suitable for those starting with little yoga experience. Total beginners should bear in mind though that ashtanga yoga is challenging and you may have to build up to following the whole sequence. Ashtanga devotees should be aware that this is an ashtanga-based programme rather than a direct abbreviation of the primary series, however I feel it offers all the best elements in a really well put together way. Definately the best celebrity yoga dvd out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good all round..........., 26 Jan 2006
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
As a beginner I found this DVD much better than some of the others I have tried as the names and details of the poses are gone through very thoroughly and I didn't have to keep craning my neck to look at what they were doing on screen and could just relax into poses and take my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great dvd, 4 July 2006
Ms. Danielle M. White "Dani" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking for a yoga workout for a beginner that would be challenging but not too advanced, this dvd has it all, it is easy to follow and isnt repetitive like some can become. A highly recommended buy for anyone who is interested in starting yoga and wanting a firmer and more flexible figure. Although I am still unable to perform all the positions it is very enjoyable and cant wait to be able to stand on head for more than 5 seconds!!

Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD]
Jayne Middlemiss: Love Yoga [DVD] by Jayne Middlemiss (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: £1.11