5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, well designed, brilliant product.
Published 4 months ago by caroline

3.0 out of 5 stars like it but it consumes batteries
it goes through batteries really fast, it is cute but it ends up costing a lot! definately buy recharable batteries for this product<
Published 13 months ago by Jane edelstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, well designed, brilliant product., 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
I did a lot of research before buying this as I already have a few nightlights for my baby but they each have their issues, mainly battery life and mechanical noises. The Cloud B Turtle is perfection. The plastic shell and plush toy are high quality materials and are very well made. I was a bit worried at first when I saw the teeny tiny 3 individual colour LED's, but they really do kick out loads of light. The stars are actually star shape when they hit the walls and ceiling, not just fuzzy blobs. The way the lights transition from colour to colour is a really lovely effect. The constellations are a brilliant touch and looking forward to when baby is old enough to look at them and learn.There are no mechanical noises. It shuts itself off after 40 minutes which is more than ample time for baby to fall asleep, this also keeps the batteries going for a long time. It takes standard AA batteries, which I was pleasantly surprised about being included, and once they die I will use re-chargable ones that will last a lifetime in the turtle!

I have nothing negative to say about this product, even the box it came in was well made and beautifully designed making it ideal to give as a gift. This is just one of the those products that works so well it makes you want to take the time to write an Amazon review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine= Amazing however Copy= Poor, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
I gave my original review after receiving what I thought was a genuine Cloud B turtle but it turned out to be a copy from a company called Merry. This is NOT a genuine Cloud B twilight turtle and indeed Cloud B sent me a turtle themselves which is fantastic.

I have included both reviews so people can compare the two.

********
(Original review of what turned out to be the copy)

Got this for my baby's room. It sits on a shelf, is never played with and is only touched to be turned on at night. Within 3 months the fabric separated from the shell exposing the stuffing. If my daughter got hold of that she would of risked being choked. Also the edge of the shell is sharp and not suitable for a child.

11th April 2014 (Genuine Cloud B twilight turtle)
Since leaving this review, I was actually contacted by Cloud B. It has been confirmed that the turtle I had was a copy from a company called Merry. THIS IS NOT A GENUINE CLOUD B TURTLE. Cloud B arranged for a genuine one to be sent and I could immediately see the difference.
The genuine Cloud B turtle is amazing. This is a proper 5 star product that will bring delight to your little one. I cannot recommend the Cloud B twilight turtle enough and my daughter loves it.
If you receive one from Merry and it does not say Cloud B on the shell nor bear the label then do not accept it and send it back. Do not accept a poor quality imitation of what really is a lovely and fantastic product.

3.0 out of 5 stars like it but it consumes batteries, 25 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars cracking buy, 11 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
Really impressed with the twilight turtle, my daughter is mesmerized by it, thinking of getting one for my bedroom aswell!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty stars, 21 Mar. 2008
V. Carlin (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
I'm fond of this turtle, which works well in very dark rooms, when the turtle is at the perfect height. The stars are very weak if the room is a bit light, and the stars are smudgey if the turtle is too far away from the ceiling. But the effect when you have it just right is soothing and beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for children, 24 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
i bought this for myself even tho im old enuf to know better, we all still have the child in us somewhere, i turn it on every nite while reading my book before sleep, its quite quirky and....when i fall asleep......it even turns itself off

4.0 out of 5 stars Flashes Permanently - no brand of batteries will fix (bought another this time not fake), 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
I ended up buying another because of more positive reviews. The model i got this time worked and was slightly different. Eg the soft green plushy bit is mottled in a turtle texture. The arrangement of stars is different and generally doesn't feel like a cheap piece of crap that was glued together. The fake *did* have cloud b on it though.

So i'd probably recommend the official one. But would suggest you are wary of fakes. Amazon does have a great return system so all in all not a gigantic problem.

After buying, and reviewing i STRONGLY recommend you sort by review date. This product has a string of 1 start reviews. AVOID

So I bought this because i liked the idea of real constellations - on the box it says it contains 8. Was kind of hoping it would actually show a partial hemisphere - ok, i was asking a lot and didn't really mind this.

Why did I give it 1 star? I have spent more than its worth on batteries trying to find a brand that will stop it flashing. It is supposed to do this when the batteries are low. It does not, it flashes permanently.

As such it is completely useless as all it does when you leave it on is induce a Chinese Water Torture like effect.

A far better product as far as i can tell is a night light with a colander/cheese grater over the top.

I would strongly recommend not buying this and going with another brand - I know that's what i'm about to go and do after wasting time deliberating and eventually going for this one.

Why on earth would you make a light FLASH when its batteries are low? It could just get dimmer and remain functional.
Then to make them so defective that they *always* flash is mind blowing.

My first purchase for a newborn child, my first utter failure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved 5 years of interrupted sleep in the first night!!, 16 Feb. 2013
Mechteld J. Garpman "pegs" (surrey, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
I ordered this for our 5 year old daughter who was a terrible sleeper. We were at our wits end as bedtime and sleeping have been a trauma for the whole family ever since she moved from her cot to her bed at the age of 3. She is terrified of being alone upstairs and will wake up numerous times during the night and climb in to bed with my husband and I. We would have to sit with her waiting for her to go to sleep as she didn't want to be alone in her room and would literally scream in fear of being alone. This meant that my husband and i would to take turns each evening sitting with her and inevitably falling asleep ourselves by the foot of her bed to get her off to sleep. I read books on sleep, invested in countless night lights and even tried a reward system (ie bribes!!) - she loves dinosaurs, and her collection is now second to none, but this had no impact on her sleeping pattern.
I came across the turtle by chance, and I read the reviews which mostly seemed very positive and thought it was worth a shot (desperate to try anything really!). She picked the colour she liked and was very excited about receiving it. It arrived within a day or two and unusually with batteries included and installed. Already a good sign!
My daughter loves that the turtle is soft and cuddly despite its hard shell, he snuggles up to her every night.
Night one - my husband took her up, read a story, turned off the lights and switched on the turtle. It lights up the room really nicely but isn't bright at all, just lovely soft hues (amber green and blue). He stayed with her for 5 minutes, then left the room while she was still awake with the promise of returning to check on her 5 mins later, which he did. He repeated this 3 times, by the third visit she was fast asleep. NOT ONE TEAR WAS SHED!! She stayed in her own bed all night..!!
We thought it must be beginners luck, but..
Night two - same as night one, but this time she was asleep on the 2nd check up
Night three, 4 and 5 - only one check up required, she just goes straight to sleep after story and lights out. We are blown away by how effective this has been for us! Its a miracle in our book! We love the turtle, so cute and cuddly, fantastic projection of real constellation of stars on the ceiling, it is a GREAT product, can't recommend highly enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little underwhelmed..., 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
Being a very premature baby, my little boy had spent his first 3 months in hospital so had never actually experienced any time in the dark. Consequently when he finally came home a few months ago, we have had issues at bedtime with him not settling without a light on....which is not ideal for a very tired mummy who he shares the room with. After reading so many positive reviews about this product, I decided this would be the perfect buy for my little guy. Unfortunately when the turtle arrived, I was quite disappointed. It isn't as plush as I thought it would be so really isn't suitable for him to hold and although the projection of stars appear quite calming, only the green selection provides the best clarity of starlight..which really defeats the object of having two other colour options. For the price, I guess I expected a bit more functionality.

That being said, my son appeared mesmerised with the starlit ceiling and it kept him occupied for a period of time. I tried it for the first night yesterday and he didn't settle, but he is still very young so I am hoping that it will be something he can become more accustomed to as he grows. He already has Ewan the Dream Sheep, which is a fantastic item to get him to sleep (still with the lamp on), but the hunt is still on for a light that is bright enough to appease my little munchkin, yet dull enough to allow myself some much needed quality sleep :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical night light, 3 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Cloud B Twilight Turtle (Baby Product)
Bought this item for our baby & is a huge success. For bedtime it's carming reasuring glow has her entranced till sleep, is super cute & the stars give somthing for her to look at from inside her cot. The 3 different colours keep her from getting bored with it. Needs to be relativly high up for stars to be very clear, but even lower down the stars have a misty quality which is just as nice. Is nice to be able to point out the stars with her, & if she needs carming before bed just looking at the stars with mum or dad running a hand over the projection to allow stars to appear on our hands quickly has her carm & happily distracted so we can put her to bed.

Cloud B Twilight Turtle