5.0 out of 5 stars they stay on!
These are reasonably comfortable earphones, BUT, I'm thrilled to say, that they actually stay in my ears! (regular earphones never do) headband is light and you really can't feel it on your head. The headband slides a little on my hair but the earphones remain firmly in place. I haven't run in them but I have done plenty of walking with them. They give a good sound too.
Published on 20 Feb. 2010 by ab

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad!
Sound quality is quite good but build quality is not so good. They don't sit to comfortable on my head , seem to move about to much and the wires get in the way all the time. Will use them until they break then look for a better pair.
Published on 1 April 2011 by Alan Sampson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars they stay on!, 20 Feb. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for running, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
These headphones are exactly what I needed. I run and I also wear glasses so I had a constant problem keeping headphones in my ears. These are lightweight and adjustable and can be worn under a hat or cap. The earphones fit comfortably in my ears and stayed there! This is my second set, the first set lasted about 10 months and I have no qualms about buying them again. For the price I wouldn't expect them to last a lifetime anyway! I think all headphones eventually degrade with moisture if you wear them to exercise. The overall quality is excellent as is the value. I would highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's early days but...., 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
My last Sony runner's earphones were brilliant and lasted more than 2 years when they finally gave up the ghost on me after doing 30 miles a week in all weathers and conditions so I thought I'd try more Sony ones. The original Sonys I had are discontinued (why Sony, why?) so I ordered these instead. Early indications are good (they work) they are cheap (less than a tenner)and came in that tough brittle packaging that could withstand a blast of napalm (but I had to make do with kitchen scissors and when they broke I used a Stanley knife to get into them). They are dead flimsy but light. If they are still working in 6 months I'll consider them a bargain. One mystery-the pack had the words "ideal for listening to music" printed on it. Thanks for that Sony-in the words of Basil Fawlty your Mastermind specialist subject could be "the bleedin' obvious"

October 2012 I have had them since August and they have stopped working, there is no sound coming out of the left earphone. So you must judge for yourself if that's an acceptable lifespan. I think not, they will not be worth having repaired so it's a one way ticket to landfill. Also, while I'm on the subject, they were pretty uncomfortable to wear and didn't sit well in my ears so I'm not too sad to have to order some more. My quest for decent running earphones goes on....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 21 Feb. 2013
Mr. J. W. Wiltshire (Westgate-on-Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
I am really pleased with these headphones. They are extremely light and I must admit they do feel a bit flimsy but I also feel they are stronger than I think. They fit over the head and are comfortable to wear. The ear pieces just go into the ear but do not cut out any or much outside noise. However they give a great sound and you can't hear much or anything else when playing music. I have had ordinary 'in ear' headphones but they do not stay in place. I have some 'over the ear' headphones and they do stay in place but they are in the ear canal 'phones and I find them uncomfortable. These Sony headphones are perfect as far as I am concerned. Whether they stay in place if you are running I can't say, but I do feel that they would. I would certainly buy another set of these and I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, ideal for use during activity., 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
I've been using these style of Sony headphones for many years (the design has changed slightly over time but basically the same). 'in ear' headphones just won't stay in my ears during activity, but these will stay in place all day. For added stability (cross country runs) put a baseball cap on to hold the headband. I have a pair of Sony in ear headphones of about the same value, however these that I am reviewing are louder and have a much better sound. I break them once in a while because of the use I put them to but they take a lot of Abuse before they finally go. In particular I catch the wire which pulls hard at the plug and connection to the earpiece but they are well made and this doesn't usually harm them. Lightweight, excellent sound, cheap, Strong and they stay in! Wouldn't be without them.

5.0 out of 5 stars good headphones that dont slip about, 12 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
i was looking for headphones i could use whilst out running and came across these, tired of plug in types falling out of my ears or giving distorted sounds particularly outside in the wind

these are perfect, havent slipped at all and give a good sound, sturdy but very light weight too

5.0 out of 5 stars For those with small ears, 24 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
If you have problems findig in ear headphones that don't hurt your ears because you have small ears like me then these are perfect.
I can't wear any other in ear heaphones, even ipod ones cause they hurt and always falls out of my left ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars great ears, 28 May 2011
witchygirl (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
Very comfortable to wear even under a hat. Love this style of headphone and find it easy to use with a top sound.They look different but don't let that stop you they are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars great headphones for running, 18 Jan. 2013
M. Luc (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
I chose these headphones because i am an avid runner and don;t like regular earphones as they fall out of my ears. For the price, this is a fantastic product because they do not fall out of place when running. They are also adjustable, so will fit most head shapes/sizes. This is my second time purchasing these headphones, well done Sony!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headphones, 15 July 2011
J. Hislop (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony MDRW08L Vite Stereo Headphones (Electronics)
These headphones are excellent! Loose headphones never stay in my ears so I've tried a variety of headband-headphones over the years and I have always been impressed with Sony headphones compared to other brands. I have found these ones stay in your ears comfortably, and are also very good at retaining noise - i.e. when you are on a bus, or in the office and you've got the volume of your MP3 player turned up pretty high, these headphones somehow keep the noise in so you don't subject everyone within a 5 metre radius to your own music taste. They're also very light and the plastic headband is quite flexible (doesn't feel like it's going to snap at the slightest thing).

The only negative comment about these headphones that I could make is to say that the life expectancy of these headphones is not particularly long. These ones lasted six months. But on the other hand, I'm not sure what constitutes a reasonable life expectancy for headphones in the first place (maybe six months is great)? I also think my own treatment of the headphones may be partly to blame (I tend to roll the wire round the MP3 player and then dump it inside my handbag every day). For these headphones, the sound has now started to go in one ear (unless I wiggle the wire around a bit and hold it in place which is a hassle), so I think it's time for a replacement pair, but I'd definitely buy the same type again. They are really worth it, especially for the price (I've shelled out over three times this amount on similar styles made by other brands which I've found useless) and I hope Sony keep selling this style as an option for people who can't wear the loose type of headphones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›