5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Ms. D. Hollywood

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not in my case!
I wanted to use the SCART adaptor to provide sound from an HD TV tuner box, however the SCART adaptor was wider than I anticipated and fouled the power in and the HDMI lead. I couldn't use it at all.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. Paul Birchall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
I bought a pair of wireless headphones for myself. To make them work you plug the lead from the headphone socket on your TV to a radio sender unit and the signal is transmitted by radio to the headphones. Trouble with this for me was that the TV sound was lost once the headphone socket is used. I wanted the headphones because often in the same room as the TV there are people talking or doing other things, but when they aren't they want to listen to the TV too. This item plugs into the SCART socket on the satellite receiver, and the wireless headphone sender plugs into the lead on the SCART socket. There is no separate amplification needed to make the headphone signal work, and the TV sound is still present. So, it saves me having to say shutup every time I want to hear the telly but they want to talk! It's the best couple of quid I've spent in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
I was trying to attach a pair of wireless headphones to a new TV that had no headphone socket.
I thought "what I need is an audio socket on the back of a scart socket, I wonder if anyone makes those?"
One google later and I have it!
Excellent build and value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 31 May 2013
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
I know that it looks a bit pricey (including the postage) but: It arrived quickly by airmail from somewhere foriegn. It is actually a dual Scart allowing you to plug it into a single scart socket then plug another Scart into the back of it (in case you only have one socket). And it works; plugged into the back of my Virgin Tivo box the audio comes out the headphones at the volume my wife needs and out the speakers at the volume I want.
Very Happy, not cheap but I'm still cheerfull.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can now hear my TV, 13 Mar 2014
JAK (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
I bought a cheap little LCD TV for my kitchen, but as on all cheap tvs the sound is rubbish. On my previous tv I just plugged a set of speakers into the headphone jack and listened through them, which worked great. Only I didn't realise my new tv didn't have a headphone jack.

This adaptor just plugs into the scart socket and the jack for the speakers goes in the other end. I can now hear my telly above the din in the kitchen and for the money it's worked brilliantly.

My only gripe is that I can't adjust the volume now using the tv remote, and the speakers are high up on top of the cabinets out of the way so I'm going to having to move them onto the worktop so that I can adjust the volume when needed. It's a small price to pay though for actually being able to hear the tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says if you use it correctly, 20 April 2014
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
The fit is a little tight (although most scart connections feel odd). Plus could only get the headphones to work if this adapter was connected to the back of the sky box rather than the end of the scart lead attached to the TV. Not a fault, but good to know in advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was required to get a headphone signal out of my home theatre by SCART., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
I needed a headphone connection to my home theatre to drive my wireless headphones and this gadget breaks out a stereo sound signal from the SCART pins just as required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
For TVs with a SCART socket, this allows headphones to be used without affecting the normal speaker output. It also has a SCART socket at the back so an existing plug can still be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars How i got this to work, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
This would not work when connected directly to scart out sockets.Was considering sending back as faulty until I decided to fit an ordinary scart lead to the scart out socket then plugging this in to the end of that.Now it works perfectly and the scart lead acts as a handy extension lead for my headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but not in my case!, 4 Jan 2014
Mr. Paul Birchall (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful !, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out (Electronics)
This is one of those things you never knew you wanted or needed but it works so well and eliminates the dangly wire coming from the headphone socket at the side of the telly

SCART adaptor, 3.5mm socket audio out