See You On The Other Side
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£5.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 9 December 2005
Yep, Korn did it again. With every album they change their sound and yet you always now it's Korn. It's their most experimental album since "Follow The Leader". And it's purely exhilarating.
There was a mojor loss within the band as guitarist Brian "Head" Welch decided to leave the band due to personal reasons. Remaining members said that breaking up was never an option and that they tried to turn this loss into an oportunity. An oportunity to "reinvent" their sound. And they did... they really did.
They all stepped up as musicians. Especially Munky who is now the only guitarist in Korn. He produced some wonderful riffs (very popular first single "Twisted Transistor", "Liar", "Coming Undone", "For No One"). David presents his skills most clearly on "10 Or A 2-Way" and on "SYOTOS" you can hear Fiedly's spectacular bass playing again. If it comes to Jonathan, his vocals have greatly improved over the years. The band produced a lot of catchy songs that just won't get out of your head. The album is heavy and at the same time very melodic. Some of the songs have a very epic feel in them. And I can guarantee that you'll be stunned when you hear "Tearjerker".
The more I listen to this album the more I adore it. My personal favourites are:
"Liar", "Love Song", "Tearjerker", "Coming Undone", "Souvenir", "Open Up" and "Throw Me Away".
The limited edition comes with a second CD - it has three really good bonus songs, two remixes of "Twisted Transistor" (one being extremely great) and two live videos. And the package is the best I've ever seen (with a pop-up artwork!).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Yes, yes, yes! It's about time too! Everyone has had the guilty pleasure of liking a Korn song and rightfully so, Korn have had a fantastic history. But recent releases haven't done the lads any favours. Issues, Untouchables and their average greatest hits collection haven't presented us with anything as engaging and fantastically experimental as their first 3 releases but See You On The Other Side really does show a return to form.

Since the departure of 'Head' a lot of us were wondering what the band were going to sound like from then on. Would we see a new guitarist? Well the answer is no. All the guitars on this album are written completely by Munky. That way Korn are still, in essence, the same band and it really shows. But Munky hasen't fobbed us off with anything below average, the guitar work on this album is astounding. The riffs are truly experimental and you'll never hear anything like this on any other Korn album.

Stand out tracks include the modern-classic and instant dancefloor hit; Twisted Transistor with it's thumping drums, grinding riffs and ridiculously catchy lyrics. Politics and Hypocrites just go to show that even if Jonathan Davis doesn't have anything to moan about, he can still do it with style and present a thoughtful (but harsh) approach to the issues of politics in general and the departure of Head. The new single, Coming Undone just shows how Korn can bring back the original edge they had as a new band but present it in a new and exciting way.

Be warned though, this album may not be to everyones' taste, not even past Korn fans. The songs I've mentioned are bound to get you dancing but the album is still vastly experimental and does turn very ambient and industrial in various places. Fans of Rammstein, The Prodigy and Mortiis will definately love this new material but for us Korn fans, it is a bit of a step forward.

But this is not necessarily a bad thing! Take a chance and get this album, you won't regret it. And with an extra disc of unreleased studio material, remixes and live video clips, you're money isn't being invested on 1 audio disc with 14 tracks on it. This is a fantastic package for any Korn fan. Buy now!
on 16 December 2005
This album is going to divide a lot of opinions. If you liked KoRn before you might not necessarily like this, but on the other hand, if you were never interested before now you should give it a listen and see what you think.
As always, the heavy KoRn groove is present but it's tempered with an industrial vibe. Imagine the band taking a step into Nine Inch Nails territory.
The songs have a more diverse feel, and although the lyrics are more straightforward in meaning there is still a lot of power in them. The band have done a great job with this album, although fans of heavy music might not be happy with the clean, almost pop approach of the producers.
If you're a KoRn fan the extra songs are worth paying for, and the packaging is really cool. If you're not you're probably best purchasing the regular edition.
Overall I would say it is a strong return from a classic band, and promises well for KoRn's furture as a four-piece.
on 5 December 2005
After nearly eight years of albums that collected comments such as "good", "OK", or "I like KoRn so I like this" KoRn come charging out with an album that shows how they crated an genre of music in the first place
Sounding like nothing they've done before, I would call this a "Must Have" to anyone who even slightly likes KoRn and a big "Try it" to people who like freaky dark music. If you like something happy sounding...erm...there's always the Darkness.
I cannot fault this album.
on 24 January 2007
I approached this album with caution. Korn have released some pretty average albums over the last few years and the album art for this one raised my suspicions that this would be another attempt at radio-friendly sound bites under the guise of a radical new experiment. The first song, Twisted Transistor, did nothing to dispel these fears.

However, as I got further into the album I began to be impressed. Jonathan Davis seems to have put a lot more effort into the lyrics on this album than he did in Korn's other recent offerings, and the vocals are honed almost to perfection, with passionate singing and angry blasts of venom in appropriate measures. The departure of Brian 'Head' Welch is hardly noticeable as Munky's guitar has been amped up to the max, and the bass is as clunky and viscious as it ever was.

Although 'See You on the Other Side' is a far cry from the days of 'Korn' or 'Life is Peachy' there is definitely a distinctive vibe about this album - it couldn't be anyone but Korn. Songs like 'Coming Undone' and 'Hypocrites' carry the trademark bass-driven sound most associated with the 'Issues' album, while 'Politics', for example, is a melodious rant that would sit nicely with 'Got the Life' on 'Follow the Leader.'

This is a good album and I recommend it. The only reason I haven't given it five stars is because I know that Korn are capable of better, and this just isn't as vital as 'Follow the Leader' or 'Korn.'
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
after recent dissapointing releases i was not expecting a lot from this but having lisened to it i am pleased to say its a stunning return to form. the albums first four tracks are faultless and paves the way for an album of both high quality songwriting and deversity . its very much a studio album with lots of effects and different styles to each song . its true feildys bass isnt as domonite as usaual but its more appeciated when he does let rip later on . there is a sense of commicialism to the album but i think its just each song is a possible classic anthem . with the reurn of bagpipes and ram batter ram vocals this should please all korn fans.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Thought it was only fair to post a review stating that my first review was wrong (one star). I first stated that this album was soft and nothing like their other albums. So two weeks ago i decided to give it another listen. I put my ipod in and listened to it on repeat for half the day while sitting at my desk at work... it grew on me in a big way. I actually really really like this album now. Apologies for the lousy initial review... It definitely is one of those albums that has to grow on you. Dont' expect the old Korn when you hear it.
Listen to it like it's a completely new band and it then sounds good.

Songs that i like:
*Hypocrates
*Souvenir
*Throw me away
*Open Up
*Coming Undone

Buy it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 January 2006
It seems with every new korn album over recent years the band are constantly trying to re-invent thier sound and this album is no different. If your like me and korn's first album is still your favourite then you can't help but be disapointed and at the same time satisfied with thier latest offering.
You wish they could make an album as revolutanry and as good as the first but in all fairness that ain't never gonna happen.
saying that, 'see you on the other side' in my opinion is a very good album and you can still identify the unique korn sound. Musically this is the best album to come from korn in a couple of attempts as the new sound works well and makes for some memoralble tracks but lyrically Jonathan Davis is lacking. The cutting edge and emotion is deffinatley less and that was a big part of Korn's appeal.
This will not please all Korn fans but will most likley convert some that never bothered in the first place.
on 9 February 2006
This is a really great album. Korn's fresh new sound comes through brilliantly, with added prog elements and a nu-metal theme. For any fan of heavy rock or metal this is an essential album, and I was not at all disappointed when i recieved it.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
So what if its not like there old stuff I personally LOVE this album I think it is really good lots of very very catchy songs and lots of great melodies and Good guitaring and drumming and bassing and some excellent synthy stuff too and some very strange crazy bagpipes inbetween songs It is great

top songs are most of them but being picky I would say

Love song
Politics
Tear jerker
coming undone
hypocrits

I recommend this to anyone who didn't like early korn but likes some good heavish music thats heavy but not too heavy and is musical
Its worth it its great