5.0 out of 5 stars Top Dog !
I bought a set of these for our 6 year old for his seventh birthday, and you know the story, the more expensive presents hardly got played with, but these cards I am not surprised that they are not dog eared (pardon the pun).

Published on 26 Sep 2008 by Alessi Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars The photos could be better
Well consistent with the cover picture of the pack so I can't really complain - but all the photos are super close ups - there is something initially cute about this but it means you can't really see what the dogs look like and so the whole comparison side of top trumps is a bit weaker than normal in my view. My six year old has preferred playing the cute animals version...
Published 10 months ago by Shanghai Stuart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Dog !, 26 Sep 2008
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)

The cards are quite well made, not flimsy cheap card the printing and pictures excellent. Plus they are quite educational, which also helps, as afterall if the child is having fun playing, they sometimes don't realise just how much knowledge they have gained, but ask a simple question about one of the Dogs a few days later and you will be amazed at just what they have picked up.

They have been played with non-stop, I didn't play these with our daughter the first time they came out, and I have now seen what I have missed out on. Even I have tried to play the game, you should try them!

All we heard in the car on a very long journey were questions about the dogs, these were being asked backwards and forwards, I think I know more about the weights and different breeds of dogs than ever. At least it stops the question of 'are we there yet?' I would glady buy another set of these cards (have noticed that there are different categories) as they really do stop the boredom from setting in, plus you don't need a table or surface, (could cut that time of boredom at the airport departure lounge, or anywhere else there is likely to be a delay).

Great cheap stocking fillers and something that all ages can play, can get the more girlie type categories for girls, or the boyish ones, so basically something for everyone including adults. Useful to have in over the Christmas/summer holidays when people get together maybe of different ages, as age six to teenagers can play happily whilst the adults can talk or whatever.

Also make a great pocket money treat gift, as small children could soon save the amount of the cost of these cards, and get a worthwhile treat that will last for a long time, and for under £4.00 that is not bad.

The first card is the best in my opinion as it is of a Beagle, of which we have one called Scooby and yes Beagles really do have big slobbery tongues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
Children particularly enjoyed this version- refreshing fun change from superheroes etc! Surprisingly informative too. Unfortunately delivery was much slower than hoped, only reason for 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long journey special!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
Perfect for keeping my daughter entertained on the ferry crossing to Calais, its a family friendly game which kids enjoy. My youngest has started a collection!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit of daft, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
Bought as a girlie night in bingo prize, which has to be reasonably priced & fun. This fit the bill perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars Canine cards, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
I bought these top trumps cards for my daughter who is obsessed with dogs & puppies! There's just enough information on each card so that you can learn more about each type of dog. The pictures are funny too. I recommend this product. This item arrived on time and in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, my favourite breed not included though., 25 April 2014
C Barham "Toy lover!" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
I really like top trumps and got these for christmas and are my favourite among baby animals, high school musical and more. I think they are a really good thing to keep you busy and are actually quite educational, telling you about the history of dogs as well as what they're like now. Pictures are nice on the cards too. Only things are that the greyhound isn't included, my favourite breed, and it's possible that others aren't included too but it doesn't really matter. Lots of 'advert' cards too, but just need a good sorting and you're away! Takes a bit of getting used to as categories different in every pack but I really enjoyed and still do playing with these.
Thank you for reading, I hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 26 Feb 2014
Sophie (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
My kids love dogs and we often take journeys in the car to visit family.
This game is fun and educational - even I learned something!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Promptly, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
This product arrived in the post very promptly - very happy with it. A small treat for a little Grand Daughter who loves dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
enjoyed by our children and encourages good learning away from the tablets! good product I would recommend ages 5-9 for us was great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 26 Jan 2014
C. N. Moore "Wheddons wizard" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winning Moves - Top Trumps The Dog (Toy)
My grandson adores top trumps and as I am 'granny dogs' I had to buy him this pack. He loves it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›