Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 10 July 2009
I not only use these when typing but to rest my elbows on when reading online. My old one was a different make and the gel wasn't as firm, plus the fabric cover opened in two areas - it didn't last as long as it should have.
This one is very well made, firm but comfortable, has a good quality fabric outer and is very non-slip.
on 28 March 2009
Not as comfortable as the 3M one I had previously (which was cool-gel, very refreshing) but the fabric cover on this model is very robust and shouldn't break-up like the other one. There is no base or frame, but the non-slip plastic on the underside is very thick, so it should be OK. All in all good value for money.
Very comfortable, material looks and feels quality. The plastic on the bottom lets this rest grip to the desk very firmly. Easily covers the area taken by both my keyboard and mouse, eliminating the need to purchase another smaller rest for the mousepad.

I like the overall minimalist design of it too - no brands, horrid colours or anything else to distract you. This is why I chose this wrist pad in the first place!

Good stuff, giving this 5 stars :)
on 3 June 2013
not had this long and it's falling to pieces - tried contacting seller weeks ago but had no reply - probably not bothered now they have sold it - shame as I liked it - also have one of these at work the same age and that too is starting to come apart at the semes.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Vine sent me a 3M gel-cooled grippy-plastic-backed faux-leather topped WR320LE (48.2 x 7.1 x 2) instead of the requested WR310MB (51.3 x 7.7 x 3.2), so this review is mostly for the smaller and well proven WR320LE.

This wrist rest is as almost good as any I’ve tried in the past, and it has the advantages of being wipe-clean and non-slip on the desktop. At 2cm thick it is more suitable for the thinner low-profile keyboards used by many modern computers, and at 48cms long it is about the same as one of these but not long enough to reach across for the mouse as well, unless there is no number-pad.

I’m grateful to Vine for offering me this new one to try as my ancient Dell wrist rest is close to becoming a health hazard because of all the skin and sweat that has soaked into its cloth covering over the last decade or two, despite regular cleaning. Alas, the WR320LE is thinner than my usual rest, and although it is very comfortable on the skin I need the extra thickness, and after a day of typing I have reverted to the thicker old one.

I’ve used wrist rests with keyboards since the 1980s, not consistently because some keyboards such as on laptops or custom consoles make them impossible to position effectively and then I suffer; but I always try to use one with a full-size keyboard with proper sculpted keys, such as this very-nice-to-type-on big old heavy Dell AT102W PS2 type, because I have found the rests to be very beneficial in minimising RSI in the wrists and the back of the hands, and they also help with typing speed and precision.

I also use a separate  mouse wrist rest and regularly swap the mouse between Left and Right hands every couple of days to help prevent RSI in the shoulders and the back of the hands.

The extra thickness of the WR310MB would have made all the difference and I would still be using it now, and it would be long enough to have the mouse on the left sharing it since I rarely use the number pad.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never used a wrist support when typing but, as I do frequently spend long days using word processing software, I thought it might be time I gave one a go if it might help prevent wrist strain.

The item I received does not look exactly the same as that shown, being more tapered, but it does the same job. I'm not sure I'd describe the material it's constructed from as "fabric" (it resembles a softer version of what my car's steering wheel is covered with), but at least it means it's functional and wipe-clean. The back of the rest has a slightly tacky surface to help it stay in position, which has the added bonus of finding every grain of dust and biscuit crumb you've left on your desk.

Having never used one before, I must admit I'm struggling to get the hang of it being there. I can't wear bracelets when using it (as I normally do) as it can get quite uncomfortable, and I have a habit of holding my wrists above it rather than relaxing them onto it.

The worst thing about it, though, is the smell. I don't know whether it's the cooling gel or the material it's made from, but it has a really foisty, mouldy smell that after four weeks of use is only now starting to fade. It's really most unpleasant.

I will keep persevering with it though, but unless this is something you're used to and like, I'm not sure it's worth risking on the off chance it might be of help in the future.
on 13 September 2013
Didn't buy through Amazon but instead bought it through work.

I've never got on with wrist rests before. The ones I had previously used were those tacky gel ones with see through plastic on them, I always felt my hands sticking to them and the gel was quite firm.

However, I've developed some strain in my right hand and was told to get a wrist rest for my keyboard at work. This rest puts all the others to shame, it's got a nice thickness - not too firm and not too soft. My wrists "sink" into it slightly but it offers great support, much better than a desk, or resting on your forearms. The finish feels like a soft lycra, or neoprene so it's easy to maintain and keep clean. It's not sticky and isn't rough when typing.

The underside has a sticky rubber, so this thing will not move while typing which is great. I use a Lenovo Slim USB Keyboard at work, which is a fullsize keyboard including number pad. The wrist rest is approx 1.5 inches wider than the keyboard so I imagine this will work great with even the longest of keyboards.

From and RSI/ergonomic point of view, over the previous week I've noticed that I've had much less pain while typing using this rest. I would definitely reccomend one of these items if you spend any amount of time using a keyboard. At time of purchase it cost £20 which isn't expensive as this is a great quality item.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using gel rests for mouse and keyboard for about ten years on and off I suppose. Which is depressing. But I've been through a few, and this one is definitely the nicest (and most expensive).
The finish is "leatheresque" on the one I received as opposed to other ones I've had which have been smooth plastic, or weird springy elastic material. Definitely a lot nicer feel. But Uh-oh, it looks like I was sent the wrong one - I received what looks like "3M(TM) Leatherette Gel Keyboard Wrist-Rest" instead of the "midnight black" I was supposed to receive. .
Underneath the leather type finish it's pretty much the same gel texture as every other gel rest, I'm to assume the "midnight black" is exactly the same too, but it does feel a lot better made and nicer. It will also wipe clean better than those elastic material ones including the midnight black. See the problem is when you use these a lot (8hrs+/day) they kinda get gross if you cant clean them.
So, well, very nice! But the problem is, it's a lot nicer than the type I was expecting to receive. I'm afraid I'd definitely recommend getting the one I received (leatherette) instead of this one which I believe is the "weird springy elastic material". The leatherette one, seems much nicer, but I guess its down to personal preference.
VINE VOICEon 29 April 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Wrist Rest is 38 cm long, longer than I was expecting. It is 6 cm deep at the ends, expanding to 7 cm in the centre, and 2 cm high. It is a simple, elegant shape with smooth curved edges.

The Rest is made from plastic with a faux leather finish, similar to that of the washable 3M precision mousing surface that I have previously reviewed. The Wrist Rest can be washed under warm water to keep it clean, which is a good advantage.

The length of the Wrist Rest looks as if it will fit with larger, extended keyboards that include a number pad. Currently I am using a compact keyboard so I’m not able to make the comparison.

The Wrist Rest butts up to the edge of the keyboard and stays in place because of the grippy surface of its underneath. It does not slip in use but is easy to lift and reposition. The Wrist Rest extends beyond my keyboard but this gives me an extra cushioned area so that I can place my mouse mat above the upper edge of the Rest. They all line up quite neatly.

The gel pad of the Wrist Rest is very slightly lower than the gel pad of the mouse mat. The firmness of the gel pad is similar to the matching mouse mat, so it is very comfortable to use. This is an unobtrusive Wrist Rest that is easy to keep clean and is ideal for full size keyboards.
on 20 August 2011
I thought this was quite expensive at first, but time has proven it to be a good buy, i use my keyboard extensively and this wrist wrest is great, very smooth, just the right firmness, very easy to clean - mine still looks new! stays firmly in position also, very important.

i paid the full £20 for it (i think) and still think it was a good buy, at the reduced price it's very good value, don't skimp on something you'll be in contact with so much :)