5.0 out of 5 stars The First Snow of Winter
Published on 21 Jun. 2007 by Linda McKenna

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my 2. 5 year old. ...
Bought this for my 2.5 year old. Started ok and then a grizzly fox appeared trying to eat one of the characters - absolutely traumatised my daughter and spoke of nothing more than "the fox was coming to get her" all night long. Graphics very outdated and storyline is a little weak. Overall - I dont think it would be suitable for all ages at all.
Published 5 months ago by tinac8462

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Snow of Winter, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] (DVD)
When Sean the duck displays the mischievous side to his nature, it almost costs him his life. But this little duck is made of stern stuff and with the help of his friends, he grows in both stature and character. This delightful tale of one duck's fight for survival in the frozen winter is full of the highs and lows of a perfect story. It is tinged with both sadness and humour and will delight children( and adults!) of all ages. A film which should have reached a bigger audience - a delight not to be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Film, 12 Dec. 2008
This review is from: The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] (DVD)
I got this for my little sister who is 10, and she absolutely loves it.

The film is about a duckling called Sean, who falls out the sky after being spooked by an aeroplane. Then, with a broken wing cannot join the other maigratory birds as they fly on southwards.

Sean meets a helpful Vole who mends his wing, gives him food, and later on, saves his life.
During the winter, Sean finds his best friend Puffy, who had also fallen out of the sky, and takes her to the safety of his Boot shelter.

This film is beautifully animated, with lovely country scenery and irish music.
The irish voice acting is well done also.

And, being under 30 minutes long, children don't get restless, as they normally do whilst watching a feature-length movie.
So it's SHORT and SWEET.

One of my sisters favourites now, and I highly recommend it to any child between the ages 4 and 12.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the young at heart, 21 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] (DVD)
The first snow of winter is a tale about a curious young duck named Shaun, who in the excitement of heading south for the winter, becomes parted from his family and takes up refuge with his friends puffin and a mole. A heart wrenching tale as Shaun struggles against the cold isolation of winter, but many comical moments that will appeal to all ages, when Shaun finds that he is not so alone after all.

I bought this for my mum as it is on TV every chrsitmas and after years of hearing about, it but always missing it, i thought it about time that I see what all the laughter was about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous entertainment for all ages., 15 Jun. 2000
This is a must. The animation was breathtaking, the voice overs superb especially Miriam Margolees as Sean. The dance sequences were a riot but too short. Can't wait for the sequel? You will watch it again and again and find something new each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!, 12 Dec. 2004
katy (Llanymynech, Powys United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a film my family have to watch every year! It is absolutely fabulous and is great for everyone. The characters are fantastic and the story is lovely. The dancing scene is definitely the best part. Great for all ages - i'm 32 and my parents 50+ and we love it!
Can't recommend enough

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Snow of Winter, 10 April 2013
Although a child's story, this charming film was bought for a group of adults. It was enjoyed greaty by us all on Christmas Day! The graphics showing the Irish Coast, the humour and above all "Riverdance" incident cannot be missed. It's great to be a "Big Kid"!

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Snow of Winter, 9 Jan. 2015
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a short film which features a duck - Shaun - who gets left behind in Ireland when his family fly south for the winter because of a close encounter with a plane taking off. He meets a vole who takes care of him and he has to survive the snows of winter while the vole hibernates.

This is a charming film and worth watching if only for the sheep Irish dancing which had me in fits of laughter. A film which will delight children and adults alike.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my 2. 5 year old. ..., 16 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars real classic, 22 Mar. 2013
V. Cassidy "veeshka" (derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] (DVD)
a really heart warming dvd great story and lovely songs we've watched it over and over again and I love a happy ending

5.0 out of 5 stars All time Favourite Winter story, 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] (DVD)
Each year as it approached Christmas, [when my children were little], we used to cuddle up on a winters night and watch this story together. I'd forgotten all about it until I came across the video in the loft while having a sort out. It brought back lovely memories that I thought I'd replace it with the DVD and am looking forward to sitting down with my now older children [but not too old 12 & 17] to watch it again. My eldest remembers it fondly, my youngest can't quite remember it properly though I'm sure she will as soon as it comes on!

We'd only stopped watching it because the video player stopped working!!

It's a great story for little ones [and older ones!!]

The First Snow Of Winter [DVD]
The First Snow Of Winter [DVD] by Graham Ralph (DVD - 2005)