5.0 out of 5 stars Bacx to Basics and Best, 3 Aug 2006
This album is Eros back to full strength. His duet with Anastacia

is simply stunning. Rarely have two voices blended so well. Bambino nel tempo moves me to tears and L'ultimo Metro- well we've all been there. The Title Track Calma Apparente really says it all. I was fortunate enough to see him in Rotterdam in April 06 performing tracks from Calma Apppararente. Unforgettable. How can he top this?

4.0 out of 5 stars Eros, the story continues, 8 Nov 2006
Mrs. Josephine Lattuca "Carmelo" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calma Apparente (Audio CD)
I thought the ER9S album would be tough to follow, it started a new fresh chapter in Eros's music. Calma Apparente has continued that trend with fresher, younger sounds. Best tracks for me are "La Nostra Vita", "Solarita", "I Belong To You" (brilliant duet with Anastacia!!) "Una Nuova Età", "Non È Amore" and "Beata Solitudine". I'm sure I'll grow to like the others as well.

Bravo Eros!! Until the next album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Did You know that EROS tried to be admitted in the Music Conservatory, but he failed the previous evaluation?, 15 April 2009
This review is from: Calma Apparente (Audio CD)
I like Italian pop music very muc, especially EROS RAMAZZOTTI's songs! Italian music reminds me on that 1 year I had the great luck to study there as an exchange student in the 1980ies.

As a student I enjoyed the vibrant Italian atmosphere, of course I fell in love to breathtaking beautiful Italian girls and ladies, bought an Italian car, travelled all over Italy, bought lots of music LPs (!) and CDs, enjoyed the Italian cuisine, ...

The following more than 25 years after my studies I moved from job to job all over the world. All the Italian pop music LPs and CDs moved with me from place to place. I worked in Orth And South America, in Australia, in Far East, in South Africa, all over Europe, and I always took with the Italian music.

Now, in 2009, I have just landed in one of the most beautiful cities in the Arabian Emirates. I work and live in Abu Dhabi. All the Italian music LPs and CDs are my music shelves, and I still enjoy to listen to the Italian singers when I drive from Al Ain to Abu Dhabi or to Dubai, or to Muscat/Oman, or to other cities in the Gulf Region. - EROS RAMAZZOTTI has always been one of my all-time favorite Italian pop singers!

...........Some words about "E2"!:
Disc one is loaded with many past hit songs such as his duets with Cher and Tina Turner but kicks off with the catchy new duet with Ricky Martin, "We are not alone (Non siamo soli)". The festive beat of that one makes me want to go out and dance in the streets of Miami. He also reaches way back to 1986 for disc 1 to bring in two songs from his New Heroes (Nuovi Eroi) album that demonstrate nicely the development of his signature falsetto tone. Buy it and you'll find the songs I refer to.

But the second disc is the real jewel here. The reworking of old favorites brings new life to these songs. The disc starts with a series of three songs done with the London Session Orchestra and guest musicians. These songs are wonderful renditions. Eros' vocal strength in "Music is (Musica E')", which he performs solo for a change, will blow you away particularly with the powerful backing of the orchestra.

The disc continues with more of his old hits that have been stripped down to the essence and built back again, making them fresh once more. "Lovely (Dolce) Barbara" is, well, lovely; Eros performing alone with the piano. This new version of "Things of Life (Cose della vita)" totally rocks and won't disappoint at all when compared to the red-hot version with Tina Turner. The duet version with Tina shows up on disc 1 of this collection anyway, so what more could we ask for?

Well, Eros gives us so much more here. You will hardly recognize "Something more beautiful (Piu' bella cosa)" or "Where there is music (Dove c'e musica)" with these new amped up versions. And what a treat to hear Eros Ramazzotti hooked up with guitar legend Carlos Santana for a fantastic re-make of "Fire in fire (Fuoco nel fuoco)". That song alone is worth the cost of the entire album to me.

Wait until you hear the surprisingly different re-makes of "A moment of peace (Un attimo di pace)" and "An everlasting emotion (Un' emozione per sempre)" from 9! Disc 2 closes with a remake of "November is passing (Sta passando Novembre)" sang in Spanish that is as compelling as the version appearing on Appearing Calm (Calma Apparente)- it was one of my favorites from the Appearing Calm album along with his duet with Anastasia (also included without remix on disc 1 of e2).

e2 brings out some new dimensions in Eros' music and I'm very pleased to own it. I believe that any fan of the man's music will surely agree.
(author: Geoffrey Santoliquido in Cary, NC USA)

Here are some lesser known facts about EROS RAMAZZOTTI:

1) Did You know that Eros has a German first name?
YES, his complete name is: Eros Luciano Walter Ramazzotti Molina

2) Did You know that Eros tried to be admitted in the Music Conservatory, but he failed the previous evaluation?

3) Did You know about his participations at SAN REMO MUSIC FESTIVAL?

In 1984, Eros participated for the first time in the San Remo Festival and won that contest with his song 'Terra Promessa'.

In 1985 he participated once again and placed sixth. The following year, a third participation in the same event gave Eros the victory in the principal category with 'Adesso Tu'.

4) Do You know the titles of EROS RAMAZZOTTI's first songs in the beginning of his phenomenal career in the 1980ies?

a) in 1982: "Ad un Amico"
b) in 1984: "Terra Promessa"
c) in 1986: "Adesso Tu"
d) in 1987: "Nuovi Eroi"
e) in 1987: "In Certi Momenti"
f) in 1988: "Musica È" (raised him into Europe's top singers)
g) in 1989: "In Ogni Senso"
h) in 1993: "Tutte Storie"
i) in 1996: "Dove C'è Musica"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!!!, 26 Feb 2006
bernadett (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calma Apparente (Audio CD)
Eros Ramazotti is the best! Great CD, and great duett with Anastasia!

5.0 out of 5 stars CALMA APPARENTE, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Calma Apparente (Audio CD)
Ordered this for brother as he is a big fan ,I cant comment as not into music ,gave 5 stars as was second hand and in very good condition,also quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calma Apparente by Eros Ramazzotti, 9 July 2011
Desmond Anthony Gowdy "love" (London, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calma Apparente (Audio CD)
My german lover who is also my soulmate gave me this album, ,knowing how much I love the music by the singer Eros Ramazzotti. I love love love all the songs on the album especially the duet between Eros and Anastacia titled "I belong to you (Il ritmo della passione)". "I belong to you" I have made it the song I truly deducate to my german lover who I want to spend the rest of my life with for ever and ever for eternity. What more can I say this album is good and if you can understand the words then it's even better. But do not mind if you can not understand the words of the songs, just listen to the inner-beauty of it all. I feel at peace and calm and at one with life when I listen to this album and the sound of it's music artist.

Calma Apparente
Calma Apparente by Eros Ramazzotti (Audio CD - 2005)