5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Effective
I must admit that when I read about this, I was sceptical... a couple of lights to shove up your nose that can cure hayfever?! However, having tried everything else under the sun to try to decrease my havfever symptoms (including herbal medicines that did nothing, and over-the-counter-medicines that just made me feel like falling asleep), I thought I'd give it a go...
Published on 27 Jun 2007 by K. Cooke

2.0 out of 5 stars Marginal relief only
My hayfever seems to be triggered by tree pollen, sudden falls in room temperature, house dust or bright low sunshine. This gadget may have improved my reaction to bright light but the rest still seem to affect me as before. I still sneeze every day and have a runny nose. Maybe its not quite as bad as it was.
Published on 24 Jun 2007 by Ted problemsolver

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Effective, 27 Jun 2007
K. Cooke (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medinose PLUS 45030 Hayfever and Allergy Treatment (Personal Care)

The first thing to say is that when you have this switched on, you look hilarious! It makes your whole nose glow red, which I hadn't realised (I wondered why my father-in-law started singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" the first time I used it!), so it's probably best to use it somewhere where you won't feel self-conscious. But... it works for me!

Within a minute of finishing a treatment, my blocked nose starts to clear (sometimes one nostril more than the other, but usually both). I do then have to keep blowing my nose for a couple of minutes until it totally clears, but that's no different to what most hayfever sufferers have to do anyway! Thereafter, I get several hours of either little or no hayfever symptoms. As far as I am concerned, it is fantastic!

Since I bought this (a couple of weeks ago), I have typically only used it once to twice a day, as this has brought my symptoms well under control, and made any remaining symptoms easily bearable. I am now going to start using it three times a day as recommended to see if I can elminate my symptoms entirely.

Obviously this might not work for everybody, but if your hayfever symptoms make you feel as lousy as mine did, it's got to be worth a try, and won't cost you more than a couple of nights out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sceptical but well impressed with results, 30 Dec 2007
A. Oakley (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have been impressed enough with any product to bother writing a review. I was sceptical about the product but desperate due to 20+ years suffering with allergies to dust / smoke / animals which reduced my sense of smell to almost nothing and continually gave me hay fever like symptoms all year around. Once I started using Medinose there was an improvement after just a couple of days use and after about 2 weeks my sense of smell was back and that 'blocked' feeling throughout my head gone! Using the product is easy although I haven't had the guts to use it in front of my kids as I don't think I could take the 'red nose jokes' as the lights do shine through brightly. Got to recommend this as an option if you have been told like I was to go on sprays and tablets for the rest of your life as the only relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 May 2008
Every year in April, May and early June, hay fever makes my life miserable....I wake up sneezing at 5am and all day I have a continually runny nose, sore, watery eyes and an itchy throat. I've tried everything else without much success so I tried Medinose out of desperation but I wasn't really hopeful it would do the trick. I'm delighted to say that I was completely wrong! Within a couple of days I felt a major improvement and after using it 3 times a day for 10 days, I have been completely cured. Amazingly effective and worth every penny! I have never bothered writing an Amazon review before but I am so pleased with this product that I want to spread the good news.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more hayfever, 30 Dec 2007
Mr. J. R. Mclaren "JimMac" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter who had suffered badly for years from severe hayfever and we thought we had tried everything to alleviate the symptoms. She has now been using this for about 6 months and right through the worst summer months, she now is so much better and when I ask her how her hayfever is she says "what hayfever". A great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 27 Jun 2007
I was sceptical about this, but on the basis that even injections and prescription drugs were ineffective, gave it a go. It worked almost straight away. I see it doesn't work for everyone, but the cost is only equivalent to less than 10 packs of over-the-counter pills, so it is not exactly a huge investment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 April 2007
J. Shah (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my daughter who suffers from Hayfever every year - uses it as required between 1 and 3 times a day depending on how bad the pollen is - seems to be really effective over the past month that she has been using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Recommended by serious hayfever victim!, 8 May 2008
I recommend this product to anyone who is sick of depending on nose sprays, nasal irrigation and eye drops to deal with their hayfever. I suffer from perrenial rhinitis (hayfever that lasts all year round) and my main symptoms are blocked nose, itchy eyes and itchy skin. I've been using this product for about 6 weeks now and I can't recommend it enough. It has reduced my need for nose sprays and eyed drops up to 90% (however, I still use tablets for the itchy skin).
I believe that if medinose can work for someone whose symptoms are as bad as mine, then it will work for almost anyone (with similar symptoms). Go ahead and try it, its definately worth the price (compared to what i've spent over the years on different treatments). To anyone who does buy it, here's some advice:
1. it takes a week to really notice the difference
2. make sure you put the nose plugs as far up your nose as possible (trust me its not uncomfortable)
3. make sure you change the battery (which should last about 5 weeks with regular use) as soon as the green light starts flashing, otherwise you won't be getting a proper treatment.

Hopefully it will work as well for you as it has for me. Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Amazed!, 14 Aug 2007
I have suffered with severe hayfever for 23 years and have tried many treatments from tablets, nose sprays, steriod injections to acupuncture and homeopathy. I have even worn a dust mask while driving when the pollen count has been high.
After reading about the Medinose, the science seemed to make sense, it uses phototherapy (red light waves) to desensitise the nasal membranes. I was cautious to post a review early on for fear of beginners luck, but I have now been using it everyday for 8 weeks and it has worked from day one. It is very easy to use and can clip on to a belt so you are free to walk about.
My body has forgotton it has hayfever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Marginal relief only, 24 Jun 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle worker!, 15 May 2007
V. Elliot (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
Have suffered from really bad hayfever the last 5 years and this year decided to by Medinose after reading about it in the paper. Usually spend that much money on a whole concoction of medicines which either don't work or send me to sleep. It is fantastic! After just two weeks, my nose and eyes are much better (90% improvement)and sneezing is greatly reduced and no stuffiness. Still a little irritation but maybe because I forget to use the Medinose 3x per day (more like once, if I'm lucky!). But great device and worth every penny. Summer is liveable again! :-)