5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap - buy twice
Having recently taken up photography for a hobby I wanted something to protect my lens from accidental fingerprints, water drops or worse.
Initially I just wanted something cheap for this and bought a supposed 'genuine' lesser known filter on ebay - it was total rubbish and was thrown away.
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very...
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by Ashley H

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
I bought this filter for a new Canon lens I wanted to use on vacation. I have been using the filter for 4 days. I noticed that the filter looked smeary when first using it. I cleaned the filter with a lens cleaning cloth. After 4 days the coating is coming off of the filter. It's completely unuseable after less than a week.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap - buy twice, 14 Mar 2010
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very shallow - good for ultra-wide lenses.
Unlike the next level up of Hoya filter this one has a screw thread at the front which is important if you still need to use a 'pinch' lens cap that grips the thread.
A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Permanent lens protection, 12 May 2010
Crimas (E R Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a higher end filter. Fitted to a lens I have not noticed any reduction in lens performance. I now have all my lenses fitted with Hoya UV Pro filters, these add protection to expensive lenses and also help in keeping the main lens clear of dust, hair, water/moister and general bits that try to settle on lenses. If you are paying out for a lens it makes sense as an additional protection. The pro filters have a thin profile and on my lenses do not cause any vignetting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya Pro 1 Digital UV Filters, 8 Mar 2010
N. Tyler (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A very good UV filter - and reasonably priced on Amazon (let's face it, the best part of £30 for a what looks like a smallish single piece of glass shouldn't be referred to as "cheap").

Very clear with no effect on focussing whatsoever. Has a noticeable impact on (for example) the colour of the sky on clear days, plus it provides that all-important lens protection.

I've been so impressed with the performance that I've now bought the same type of filter (of different sizes) for my other two Canon lenses.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price & Good Filter, 6 Oct 2009
Misbah Tariq - See all my reviews
Got this as a lens protector. It's multicoated, low profile and does the job without costing the earth. Works well, and I can see the difference when not using the filter in a really sunny day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya pro 1 UV FILTER, 4 Jan 2010
Mr. L. V. Williams (Newcastle UK) - See all my reviews
Quality filter at a great price, less than half what I would have paid at my local dealers
what more can I say, top gear, top value, it doesn't get any better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya 77mm pro 1 uv filter, 26 Oct 2010
J. F. Lister (Newcastle upon Tyne England) - See all my reviews
I had lots of problems with a budget filter leaving unwanted marks on my images (big mistake buying budget filter)at that time i was concerned more about protecting the lens on my Canon 400 prime, so after lots of unusable images i decided to try a pro filter and the 77mm Hoya pro 1 filter does a very professional job therefor i have no hesitation in recommending the above.
PS Should have gone to Hoya in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality item, 1 Jun 2010
Mr. M. Greenley (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
A low profile, top quality filter. If you're buying an expensive lens, this should be your first choice for a UV filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya HMC 77mm Digital UV (C) Multicoated Filte, 25 May 2010
Amazon Customer (Bolton Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Excellent buy, superb quality and the lowest price on the net from Amazon.
I use it on a Canon L series lens so I needed top quality, I've not been disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Feb 2011
Unless you are an optician, how is the average photographer-in-the-street to best decide among the myriad of filters on the market? So, I went for a well-established make and a Pro model on the basis that thinner glass is better (less if any vignetting). What can I say: it screws onto the lens (Canon EF-S 18-200mm IS), without problem; you could screw another filter onto it; the glass does not rattle around, and I've noticed no strangeness with the images produced. I wanted protection for the lens, besides the UV filtering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Sep 2010
This filter was bought as a protector for my lens, it is excellent for what it was purchased for, it feels a good quality so good that l purchased the same make for my other lenses, it allows me to screw other filters on to it leaving the UV on at all times. I purchased a lens cleaner and cloths recomended by reviewers which was not good for the UV filters leaving them with a hazy film, l was advised by my local camera shop to use a mild washing up detergent and warm water it worked a treet they are now lovely and clean.