4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat & Tidy.
My old faithful HP692C died suddenly having provided 10 years of trouble free service.

I went for another HP printer as my scanner is HP and so far HP products have proven to be ultra reliable.

Published on 9 Sep 2006 by John from Grimsby

2.0 out of 5 stars Good printing but poor design
Published on 2 Sep 2006 by C. M. Evans

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat & Tidy., 9 Sep 2006
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)

New machine arrived and installation fast and simple. Neat and tidy dimensions, quiet, fast and good quality printing. The only downside so far is that the paper tray and feed arrangement is difficult for my large and clumsy fingers.

Also be warned the printer does not come with the USB cable necessary to connect to your computer. This is really frustrating and should be stated in the sales description, luckily my camera USB connector matches otherwise I would have to drive into town to buy a cable which kind of defeats to point of internet shopping. Come on HP charge a couple of extra and provide everything needed. A good product does not need hidden cost savings like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Quality HP Product, 28 Aug 2006
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Just Like Habib the earlier reviewer, I too used to have a hp 720c which provided years of reliable service and printed everything from text documents, birthday cards and even the photographs in our passports. When it sadly died last year I started to use a Dell printer provided with a pc. The paper jams and high ink use soon made me realise how great my old HP machine had been and so 3 months ago I dropped this in the bin and purchased my 5940. All I can really say is WOW, it seems to be just as reliable and economical on ink as my old 720c but it is very quick, very quiet and I can now print to the edge of the page. Brilliant.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good printing but poor design, 2 Sep 2006
C. M. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I've owned this printer for eight months but used it rarely. I was initially very pleased with the print quality but recently the paper has failed to feed. If you search on the Web for " HP paper feed problem" this is a very common problem with their printers due to poor design of the pick-up roller mechanism. The "cure" is to clean the roller with an abrasive cleaner kit, hardly the answer! HP should be ashamed of selling printers with known bugs; they should recall all for modification.
Beware - avoid HP printers with single roller feeds!

5.0 out of 5 stars A printer you may want to cuddle rather than throttle, 30 May 2006
Plom de Nume "Rob" (Wolverhampton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Having "retired" our previous Epson at boot-point following the latest of many software/cartridge replacement malfunctions, we ordered this printer as an urgent replacement. And so - what a pleasant surprise! We would have been content with something that simply didn't make us yearn to head-butt it at every aborted (usually fifth) use-attempt, to be honest. But the HP turns out to be faster, quieter and of visibly better quality from the outset. Set-up was simple, too (as opposed to the never-ending and often multilingual saga of Epson re-re-re-ad-nauseam-installation). Even if its predecessor hadn't been drop-kicked into the bin, this excellent machine would have become a "necessary" addition to our peripherals, in terms of appearance and performance alone; now with extra added sanity, too!

Heartily recommended: with one hint - you may find it advantageous to have a spare "kettle-plug" around (as everyone I know seems to nowadays), since this came (to us, at any rate) with an odd Euro-looking/Klingon plug arrangement we really didn't fancy messing with so soon after the Epson upset.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm so very angry with this printer!, 6 Mar 2007
Mr. N. J. E. Harrop (Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I have never written an online review before but feel that if i can at least dissuade someone else from buying this printer, then it will have been worth the effort. It insists there is no paper when there is. And when it does eventually agree that there is paper it takes 10 sheets at once and then jams. If I could award this no stars I would. This really is a hopeless printer. It would be quicker and probably more enjoyable writing out my documents by hand. bring back pen and ink if this is the alternative. This is the worst printer i have ever used. If my sentiments are not clear enough, please do not make the dreadful mistake I did by buying this printer. I have aged years since trying to get it to do the simple function its description as a "printer" implies it can perform and do not wish others to succumb to my fate.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic printer, 16 Feb 2006
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I bought this HP printer because i love HP product.it is very reliable.
8 years ago i bought HP720 C printer,it works perfectly well,until 2 weeks ago,when stop working.
I have decided to buy another printer from HP,and i wasn't wrong when i choose HP deskjet 5940.
I have HP scanner as well scanjet 3400,it is working brilliantly well.
It is so quick(13 ppm) in black,but i haven't print so many colour paper to tell,i am not sure.
The installation took a little bit of time,but no problem at all.
If you want good printer,do not hesitat buy from HP product.this printer is very good one.
whatever you choose
good luck
habib1

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 26 Jan 2007
Mr. Cv Hill - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I bought this printer following good reviews however I have been very disappointed with the feedback. Print quality is excellent but it often says it is out of paper and the papers won't flow which is rather annoying to say the least. It alsways seems to get stuck and I have to faff about trying to feed the paper through. I have also tried different quality paper but that has made no difference. My son also bought the same printer and is having the exact problem

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - Do not buy - Do not buy - Do not buy, 16 Nov 2006
Denise Kong "dkong14" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I wrote a review of this thing when I got it, and wasn't massively keen then.

It has always had a fault with paper feed: Paper jams, not seeing paper, just as other users have written in their reviews.

5 months down the line, the paper feed has now packed up completely. When you switch it on, it says that there is a paper jam, although there is no paper inside the printer or in the printer tray. The paper feed is terribly jerky, and the printer is squeaking and making grinding noises. AND IT IS NOT PRINTING ANYTHING!

This was a terrible buy, the worst printer I have ever had.

Please do not buy it, you will be wasting your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Mazin', 19 Sep 2006
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I seriously cannot believe how good this printer is.

I previously owned an epson photo printer but got fed up with it for countless reasons. I invested in this "bad boy" recently and the improvements in every field are stunning!

Firstly, its super fast! I personally take no notice of the ppm's 'cause they're always too high, but not for his one!

The borderless printing is such an advantage, ive printed out loads of photos on poundland photo paper and the results are still better than from those machines.

As with most printers it doesn't come with a USB cable, so you've been warned!

The cartridges are reasonably priced, and they may not be quite as cheap as epson cartridges but they do last longer, and the colours are more vibrant and probably last longer.

I managed to get 50, 4x6 photos out of the small 7ml cartridge supplied with this, which isnt bad.

2.0 out of 5 stars envelope phobic!!, 18 Oct 2006
Katie (Norwich. U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 5940 Photo Printer (Electronics)
If you want an all round printer this is not the one!! It refuses to print envelopes from MS Office 2003. Surely this is a serious error? Anyone who writes letters wishes to print envelopes but not with this printer!!! When I try to print them off another software programme I get mangled envelopes 95% of the time. Pay more - get more!! Definitely not recommended by me. If you look at their website there are no less than 10 models with this fault!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›