Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 March 2008
Here we have the definative collection of the best (white) hip-hop band ever and probably in the top 5 of any race along with Wu, Public Enemy and Run DMC.

This is what I would say is probably the coolest best-of I've heard in years, that is chock full of songs that you would instanly recognise and some you probably didn't know were by the Beasties'!

It starts off with 'So What You Want' a rocky rap tune that is one of my favourate songs by this group that instantly shows them as innovators of the game with no fear as they tear through any beat.

The interesting thing I found about this album is you could listen to most of it and not be able to tell when it was recorded because they all still sound fresh as they did when they were first released.

From the 20 songs my fave songs that I would particularly recommend are -

So What You Want
Shake Your Rump
Intergalactic
Sabotage
An Open Letter To NYC

So all in all I would highly recommend if you are a fan of any genre of music because when something is this diverse and innovative, it is hard to not like + ITS THE BEASTIES!

Buy it now, love it forever.

Hope this has been helpful for you, have a good 1!
on 15 November 2005
This is an absolute must for any Beastie Boys fan, one disc documenting their music over the last two decades or so, from Fight For Your Right to Ch-check It Out, with only one important omission in my opinion (3 Mc's and 1 DJ). Listen out for the very political, but also excellent "An open Letter To NYC". These guys have truly stood the test of time...Outstanding
on 28 May 2014
I loved all rap music growing up, LL, Public Enemy, NWA, whilst mostly listening to NWA; granted I loved their music but for some reason none of their music has the same shine that Beastie Boys music has. The raw beats, intelligent rhymes, self-parody...I still am not fully sure what their shine is but I'm half sure it's because they're RELATABLE, I've never gone on drive-bys with MC Ren and Ice Cube or got beaten by the cops with Flavor Flav and Chuck D whilst saving LL Cool J's girlfriend with him and other porkpie hat donning henchmen from the Mafia in some non-descript warehouse but I have just generally rebelled, committed general teenage crimes, chased girls all whilst taking the piss out of myself at the same time, when I was about 10 I never realised the genius of this album (though when I was 10 my favourite rapper was John Cena) but at the age of 14 you do get the genius of it and not only is it relatable, the music is top-notch rap, the fact they were white rappers was revolutionary though it didn't matter because they still sounded awesome and unlike Vanilla Ice they never claimed to have had gangster pasts, they were themselves, nowadays there are white rappers all over the gaff: Eminem, Macklemore and lord knows who else but no white, black, red, blue, green, yellow or orange rapper of the modern day are going to have the same humour, style or great music as the Beastie Boys, because of these guys I still don my baseball cap, Adidas Originals sweatshirts, white Adidas sneakers in public. All in all 5 stars, if I could give 50 stars then I would, trust me, buy this album.
on 20 May 2012
With the sad recent death of one of the band, this is now a 'must have' for all the fans. Almost complete collection of their commercially successful tracks, far more up to date and comprehensive than previous collection album.
on 30 September 2015
Some classics i knew some i didn't, but those i did have joined me all "up" mix tape. if you've never heard of or heard the Beastie Boys pay this small price and do your dancing feet a favour.

CD and case ok, play quality perfect and once uploaded it doesn't matter.
on 12 September 2013
I have a lot of Beastie Boys albums, and I bought this for my brother-in-law because I felt it had a good mix of Beastie Boys tracks to introduce him to the band. He loves it, I love it. Audio quality is great and the band is nine kinds of awesome.
on 4 August 2014
Classic Album - RIP MCA!!! It was a good purchase and came as described. It came within the delivery estimate. I am really pleased with my purchase. I would certainly buy from the same seller again.
on 15 July 2013
solid gold indeed.only 13 tracks tho.could have been a 100,the boy's have so many classics.if ur a fan u probs got these tracks anyway .still,saves u from changing cds when ur driving !!
on 13 April 2014
I am a fan and therefore I am pleased with the album, however the quality of the download is poor....bitty as are several of my downloads from amazon cloud player.
on 2 December 2012
EVERY SONG IS GREAT. ITS GOT BETTER BEATS AND SOUNDS THAN RAP MUSIC. THIS IS MORE BREAK / BEATS GOTTA STOP LISTENIN TO THIS IN THE VAN OR I MIGHT CRASH HA!