5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 Oct 2005
M Dean (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crimes Against Music (Audio CD)
Once again Mitch has produced another excellent album with Kirsty and Tash that covers his usual wide variety of musical genres.
From the opening tribute to the late John Peel (which is "as funny as you want it to be"), to praise of those Swedish gods of self-assembly flat-pack furniture, IKEA!, this album will keep you laughing as much as seeing the group live.
Catchy tunes and cleverly written lyrics will keep you entertained until you can find another tour date to go and get your copy signed.
Even if you've only heard him briefly on Radio 4, this album is a good introduction to Mitch Benn (and The Distractions) and if you're a fan, it's another one to reserve space on your shelf for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter to my ears!!!, 30 April 2006
Andrew Fuller (Spalding, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crimes Against Music (Audio CD)
I've been listen to Mitch ever since he started appearing on the Now Show but this is the first of his albums I've ever purchased and now I'm wondering why the heck I haven't spent my hard earned dosh on the others!!! If anything I'm the one whose committed crimes against music!!! If you want something that will make you laugh and tap your toes at the same time BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The season of the Mitch, 31 Oct 2005
Dr. George L. Sik (Epsom, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crimes Against Music (Audio CD)
The man who made concrete the parallels between Shakespeare and Eminem (see previous albums) has come up with more copper-bottomed classics on this latest must-have CD. If 'Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now' is the track which spawned a video and an MTV appearance, there is plenty more to enjoy: a John Peel tribute more sincere than many; a savage comment on the Live 8 mindset; a warning about IKEA's expansionist agenda. My personal favourite is 'This Ain't Your Country Any More', a contemporary look at America suggesting that, whatever Peter, Paul and Mary might have sung, it may still be your land but, for anyone with a liberal bone in their body, it's probably no longer my land.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just funny, but a great singer, 23 Feb 2007
This review is from: Crimes Against Music (Audio CD)
My favourite Mitch Benn songs are the ones where he's directly pastiching someone's style, because he does it so well. This album has two of these: the Coldplay one and the Elton one, and they're both brilliant (I suspect "These Ghoulish Things" may be a pastiche of someone I've not heard, but it works anyway). The others are all excellent as well, especially I-KEEEE-AAA!, which I remember from The Now Show.

The most interesting song on the album is "Right Now Baby". It isn't obviously comedic, in fact it's quite poignant. And it's excellent.

Crimes Against Music
Crimes Against Music by Mitch Benn (Audio CD - 2005)