5.0 out of 5 stars Canon GP 501 Glossy Photo Paper
I have been using medium priced photo paper for some time now and I thought that the results were pretty good. I needed to produce some really important pictures recently and decided to pay a little more for the paper to suit my printer (Pixma Pro 9000) and was very surprised by the results. The quality was fantasic. So much better than before.

I shall only be...
Published on 28 Nov 2011 by caden2011

3.0 out of 5 stars A backward step for Canon
A backward step for Canon. The gloss printing surface is not as good as their previous 170gsm paper which this 210gsm paper replaced.
I have a Canon iX6550 and MG5350 and the results on both are far less impressive than the 170gsm. The print finish is semi-gloss at best. Very sad as the 170gsm was my stock paper.
Published 4 months ago by Martin Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon GP 501 Glossy Photo Paper, 28 Nov 2011
caden2011 (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon GP 501 - Glossy photo paper - A4 (210 x 297 mm) - 210 g/m - 100 sheet(s) (Office Product)

I shall only be using this paper from now on. I can whole heartedly recommend it for really top quality printing results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glossy Printing Paper, 16 Jun 2010
K. C. (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
A very adequate paper - good colour - light weight (an album or an A4 file will be much lighter for using it) and if you waste a sheet or two it will not be that bad. A box of a hundred seems to go on forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good general purpose photopaper, not as good as the "PP" range, 2 July 2012
Having a new Canon printer that can print up to A3+, and uses a slightly different type of ink, I decided to try Canon papers instead of my usual Kodak, on the basis that the Canon paper could be better "tuned" to the printer inks than other papers. Having made prints on this GP paper, I compared them to identical ones on "PP" Canon paper, as well as those on Kodak. This GP paper produces sparkling prints that are slightly better than the Kodak ones, but do not have the vibrance of prints from the much higher priced PP range, and are also more red biased. Of course this will all depend on the model of printer used as well, and you can adjust the settings of the printer to match the paper. It is interesting that Kodak seem prepared to give a much higher lifespan of prints on their papers than Canon do, but I doubt I will be around long enough to actually test this! It's a good photo paper for general purpose use, but if you really need high quality results for display prints I would suggest it's worth the extra for the "PP" papers, and if you compare the cost of GP papers against PP ones,(and the Platinum range), it's not surprising that the results are not as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo Goss, 10 April 2009
Af Holmes "MusicMaster" (GB UK) - See all my reviews
This paper produces superb pictures and is thick enough not to wrinkle when wet with ink. The only drawback is that you have to be careful not to touch the surface by putting it into a sheaf with other papers because it scratches very easily.Only used it with Canon IP4500 printer.Together they re-define photo quality printing at home

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 27 Feb 2012
It's not the best Canon paper but at this price it's a bargain. I wouldn't use this in a frame with matting because I'd expect the paper to warp in time, but in clip frames it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great quailty paper, 20 Jun 2011
Mr. P. J. Kennedy "P J Kennedy" (Bham, WM, UK) - See all my reviews
I have used this to print a couple of photos and some professional standard photos for my university dissertation. My lecture and fellow students all felt the photo paper made a huge difference to the quality of the photographs. In a photograph lead topic "Geology" the quality of photos can make a huge difference to your overall grade and this product has given a quality to the print that almost is better than the originals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Photo Paper, 12 Dec 2010
Neil Anderson (Tarbert (Loch Fyne) Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good results as you would expect from Canon own brand paper but you may have to set your prints a little brighter for some printer models

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, 10 Nov 2010
Great photographic quality. My photos are printing beautifully - Canon printer and this, of course, is Canon photographic paper. I would recommend the paper and the excellent service I received when I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 3 Nov 2010
I had doubts about the suitability of this paper on the basis of rigidity. This was a fear born of tradition, however, and since all of my storage is in small albums and on display cards, I find this paper perfectly suited to my needs. A bargain too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good photo paper, 19 Jun 2009
Km Brown (London) - See all my reviews
Good photo paper and fit for purpose, just a bit more flimsy than the paper I have used in the past. Worth checking the weight is what you want.