on 22 April 2006
The creative zen MicroPhoto pink white has a good music storage capacity of around 4000 songs and a battery life of around 15 hours from creatives rechargeable and removable lithium battery. The use of coloured menus and inovative vertical touch pad make this mp3 player extremmely easy to use. The creative has a built in voice recorder so you can record those boring lectures and it also has a built in fm radio, that allows you to preset up to 32 of your favourite stations and if you like to listen to your morning shows at night then the creative lets you to record the show for playback later on. Other features of this mp3 player are a choice of 8 equaliser presets to fine tune your listening, use the device as a portable storage device and why not synch your calendars and contacts from microsoft outlook. In all of this so far we are overlooking what creative see as one of the main selling points of this mp3 player and that is the units ability to store and display photos on creatives vivid colour display and i confirm this is an excellent feature. The creative can play the following audio formats; mp3, wma, janus, wav, ima adpcm. In order to use the creative you need the following specification: microsoft windows xp (service pack 1 or higher) / XP 64-bit, Intel Pentium II 350 MHz or AMD K6-2 450 MHz (Pentium III 450 MHz or higher, 64mb ram, USB port, CD-ROM drive with digital audio extraction support. In the box you get Zen MicroPhoto, earphones, rechargeable Lithium battery, USB Cable, Pouch, Installation CD and Quick Start Guide. The unit lost a star for a couple of reasons for example: no charger or wired remote so charging is only available through usb but this can be sorted as a charger and remote are available at extra cost and In my opinion the fm radio on the creative is flawed as it can barely pick up stations however I recommend this unit as on mp3 playback the unit sounds exceptional. If you can overlook the cost of the missing accs and dont want the creative for the fm function then the creative is definitly a heavyweight contendor.
on 22 January 2007
Ok so it cost me a lot but in the end it was worth every penny. Being 8GB means that if I get bored with music or want to add more music I can without having to decide what else I want to delete.

I will admit I've had trouble with the headphones and the sponge cover constantly falling off which has been a bit of a pain but one that can be easily sorted. The radio is also a bit rubbish but it could just be a bad signal.

Apart from this though my creative zen is one of my best purchases and even better is the fact that I could get it in my favourite colour of pink. I recommend this to anyone it's so much better than the ipod.
on 1 January 2013
I bought my little pink Creative Zen Micro-Photo to replace the slightly chunkier Creative Zen Micro, as I loved the Zen Micro but wanted a little more space for music. This was almost 8 years ago, and the player has only just bitten the dust!

The pink colour is bright and happy without being garish, and the blue under-lights in the buttons when the player is active make a nice contrast.
The size of it is very convenient; not too big, not too small, and feels comfortingly solid in the hand.
Similarly, 8gig is a very comfortable memory size. Plenty of room for variety!
The touch-pad button areas are a nice size for blunt finger-tips, and not overly sensitive.
The screen is very clear and bright, but I never used the photo function as it was all about the music playing for me!
The removable battery is also a very convenient function; before my Micro-Photo died completely, I was dead set on buying a new battery and keeping the player until it died.. and then it died. So sad! A lot of the newer mp3 players seem to lack a removable battery, though.. please, manufacturers, turn back the clock a little and let us replace the batteries without having to take the player apart with a soldering iron!

Going into the inner workings of the player, the menus are all easy to navigate using the lower two buttons and the scrolling bar. It has a variety of different equaliser settings, and an option to manually configure one right to your tastes.
There are also options for play lists and playing different albums, but I'm afraid I can't really delve into how convenient those are because I used the Play All and Shuffle options, for the most part!
The software used was very straight-forward as well, but you can also just plug it in and directly transfer music.

All in all, I can heartily recommend this player. Thank you for many years of service, little pink Micro-Photo!
on 3 May 2007
Well, got it loved it, then it froze, called creative labs and they showed me how to reboot it. So loved it again, then it freezes again and I look on the creative site, ALOT of info about what to do if your creative zen freezes...not a good sign. Then I call them, well I've had it for about 11 months, I'm outside the warranty, they can't help me, I'll have to see if I can figure out my problem by looking at their website and see if I can reload drivers or something. Well that didn't work to well AT ALL. So then I call back to send it back I had to pay $25 plus shipping and I had to have the reciept. Well thank god I was able to track down a copy of the reciept through the store I bought it from and I got it sent back before the 1 year mark. (after 1 year you don't even have this option) So now I have it back but with everything erased. Time to reload and pray it doesn't freeze again or I'm stuck with a brick like the other guy! The people on the phone were not very helpful at all and the website is a joke if you are trying to find a number to call. There is no number to call in the manual either. Funny that you have to call a sales line for Creative to get a number to call for repair??????
on 24 October 2006
I would just like to say how much i love this mp3 player. Not only is is pink and can hold alot of music plus photos its just sooo easy to use. B4 i even got an mp3 player i wanted an Ipod just because every1 eles had 1. But after doin sum research and looking into to ipods i found that they dont last long and they break easily.So i don'nt want to pay alot of money for something that would break so i came across this zen and i havent looked bk lol. 2 thumbs up and i am really happy. Even sum of my friends want to get 1 evn tho they have an ipod. WICKED!
on 21 June 2011
I bought this for myself and loved it straight away. The sound quality was wonderful on ear phones and through the speaker unit I also bought. Have had it for years. Suddenly it stopped working, it would not hold a charge on the battery. I bought a new battery but after two days the same thing happened, it wouldnt play. I emailed Creative (Twice) and they never bothered to answer.
I am looking for a new MP3 player just basic I dont want it to make coffee but will I look at Creative, not sure.
on 30 August 2007
i got my zen micro photo charged it put my music and photos on it and it was great untill it frose i rebooted it like 10 times but still nothing lucky for me i have a year garentee on it so it is going back as soon as i find a receipt but alkl in all a good player but it does sound like alot of people are haveing hardware probs.
on 24 August 2006
I bought a rubbish little mp3 player (not from amazon) that I couldn't work at all which put me off investing. However, I'm so glad it didn't. This mp3 player is brilliant!!!!! It's so easy to put your music on to it. There's no faffing around with storing it on your computer and then moving to the device, you can just do it straight. The sound quality is brilliant. I throuoghly reccomend this if it's your first time buying a player. At first I thought it wasn't working properly because I couldn't find the Music Library once I'd put tracks on, but you have to set that yourself if it's not preset but that's easily remedied, just call the support centre and they actually know what they're talking about. I'm really pleased with my purchase especially since I didn't even really understand what an MP3 player was!!!!!!!!! Can't sing it's praises highly enough.
on 19 November 2006
Well as I didn't want an i-Pod I thought this would do me well enough, and it did until it went wrong. Three months and then 'Hardware Problem' and nowt but a nice looking brick in a nice case. How helpful were Creative well I think the rating gives you a clue. Back to the mini-discs.