5.0 out of 5 stars About as good as it gets
I mirror the previous reviewers comments. I have used Verbatim CDRs and later DVD+Rs for several years and haven't had a single coaster or read failure. I would recommend them at the price as general archive and storage; I don't think you'll find anything quite as tried and trusted on the market in this price range.

As for Pixmania, well that's not Verbatim's...
Published on 17 Aug 2007 by Gringuito

1.0 out of 5 stars Not using Verbatim anymore
I have over the years, used hundreds of Verbatim CD-R's DVD+R's DVD-R's DVD+RW's etc, U get the picture. These have been my first choice for media. No more. As time went on, from my first purchase, the country of manufacture changed from Japan & around Asia & on to China as labour costs changed but the quality was always the same.
This last batch were manufactured in...
Published on 31 July 2010 by Marc90125

5.0 out of 5 stars About as good as it gets, 17 Aug 2007

As for Pixmania, well that's not Verbatim's fault is it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Verbatim 16x offer best value for money, 8 Jan 2008
K. Mumford (UK) - See all my reviews
I've used Verbatim 16x DVD+R for the past 6 months. In over 150 burns i've had one or two failures, otherwise these have performed perfectly in my Lite-on drive. I would recommend these to anyone especially when they are on offer for 7 for 50 ...

5.0 out of 5 stars These do work well, 25 July 2007
Bistromaths (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This is the first review I have written for a product, but I really don't want these DVDs to have a one-star rating they do not deserve. Ian F Oddy's review is absolutely irrelevant. From the sound of it, he dealt with Pixmania, not Amazon direct, therefore the comments about the state of delivery should be under Pixmania's comments, not the product review.

As for the product, Verbatim have been known to be very reliable disc makers, and I have not had any problems with these DVDs. As for the casing that was mentioned in the other review as failing, for me it was intact and worked much better than the old style.

Anyone else who likes the product, please review to get the rating up please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless!, 18 April 2008
This review is from: Verbatim 43551 4.7GB 16x DVD+R Matt Silver 100 Pack Spindle (Accessory)
I'm half way through my spindle with a 100% success rate, using a Pioneer DVR-115DBK. Not much more to say apart from great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars simply brilliant.., 1 Sep 2009
Ms. S. Sukumar "Shweta Sukumar" (London UK) - See all my reviews
im so happy with my purchase, it takes me less than 10 minutes to burn a DVD and get rid of stuff on my computer.

arrived very quickly..thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 8 July 2009
Mrs. K. Watson (uk) - See all my reviews
this is just what i wanted at the right price i am very pleased withthem

5.0 out of 5 stars top one, 21 Jun 2009
I was loooking for a good quality product. And this is without any doubts one of the best one on the market as it was 10 years ago.

Well recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD-R, 3 Mar 2009
M. A. Deady - See all my reviews
Suprised that a number of peole have had failed discs. I have always used these and not a single failure (due to the discs). My guess it must be the system producing the discs rather than the discs themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally reliable DVD+Rs, 15 Dec 2010
Dr. R. G. Bullock "Gavin Bullock" (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I have used hundreds of these DVD+Rs and the failure rate is less than 1 per cent. Of course, it is impossible to attribute all or even any of these failures to the discs themselves which might have been due to other factors like recorder errors, etc.. I will continue to buy them with confidence.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not using Verbatim anymore, 31 July 2010
This last batch were manufactured in India & I have had 18 failures from the first spindle of 100. The equipment, software & file types the same but the results are deplorable.
I've also had DVD's returned 'cos they won't read in their equipment.
So now that JVC have purchased Taiyo Yuden [consistently the top rated media manufacturer & made in Japan] I've had to change allegiance to them & I'm back to a 100% success rate. Sad really that verbatim cannot maintain the quality that they've enjoyed for almost a decade.