on 28 March 2006
Wow!! Where do I start? I bought my first copy of 'The Dreaming' in its original vinyl form in the eighties, and since then I have grown older and - dare I say - wiser. But this record has lost none of its charm in my eyes. It is wild, diverse and a feat of imagination. As a whole, Kate Bush's work is not to be ignored but this is a journey through the darker and lighter side of the human psyche...very impressive, especially so as Kate was in her early 20's when the album was released...not for everyone though :-)
on 29 September 2008
Here we have Kate in charge of her own destiny and lock herself away in the dark corners of her mind she takes us, holding your hand as she guides you through the dark passages , her little flash light illuminating open wounds.her whole project was to come up with the perfect writing of the moment. I think she rose to the challenge, there are a few lighter reflections that lift one from the gloom. her voice is powerful and rich, the extra overdubs add colour and deepth its overlooked and a shame. a fantastic record and Miss Bush was only playing with us!!
on 29 September 2010
This is what Kate Bush is all about. Massive drums, deep bass, extraordinary & powerful vocals, whimsical narrative, up river instrumentation, totally different and innovative. This album is too often talked about as the precursor to the acclaimed Hounds of Love. This is too dismissive as The Dreaming is not a lead into the following album despite observations that could be made over her development from one album to the next. It still stands alone as her most intimate but musically accomplished work only rivalled by Aerial. The fact that this was made in the early eighties is amazing, it feels real and original now as then, bucking any trend; on purpose?
on 4 October 2013
Absolutely the same as aboved! Nothing to take away nor add.
Brilliant!
I hope that she will make a good music on!