5.0 out of 5 stars Super puppets for children - and adults!, 17 Jan. 2014
K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
These are lovely, well-made and very high quality puppets. The main body is a very thick, long-'fur' fabric (which can shed a little in its first few uses) and the feet and beak are made from brushed nylon - see my uploaded photos (above).

This large-size (approx 40cm long excluding tail/feet) puppet can be used by young children, teenagers or even adults and a 'baby bird' version is available purely for children. I have large hands and long arms but still find them comfortable to use. The large beak is very easy to operate and, unlike some other puppets which force the operator to move both the upper and lower beak/jaw, it is easy and comfortable to move only the lower beak. This is a much more natural and realistic movement than raising the upper beak for the bird to 'speak' or squawk. The squawker inside the mouth is surprisingly loud and makes a fairly realistic bird-squawk sound rather than a typical squeaker-squeak. The puppets have different squawks so can 'communicate' together in a variety of tones and pitches but the squarks can also be removed, if preferred.

I use these puppets to make entertainment videos for a mostly adult audience, including a special needs group of adults. I've found that adults with a sense of humour seem to appreciate them just as much as children of all ages, from toddlers to pre-teens. They're very versatile, great fun and I think they offer exceptional value for money considering their quality. I have nearly the full range of these birds and I generally operate them in pairs with them interacting together for performances. This crow is a good partner for the more colourful birds in the range.

A very good buy and great fun too, limited only by your own or your child's creativity and imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collin The Crow, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
I brought this item for my 11 year old niece who has autism. She didn't like it at first and refused flatly to operate him. As I'd brought the monster puppets for her brother and cousins, I knew she wouldn't be able to relate to a 'monster' character easily which was why I chose a bird.
With the help of my other niece we gave the crow an identity by creating a name and 'Collin the Crow' was born. This was so important because now she could relate to it on friendly terms. Once we'd done this she addressed Collin and not me who was operating him and doing his voice.
Overall, I think this puppet has enormous potential in getting information through to my niece as she was attentive when 'he' spoke and she did pay attention to the detail in what he was saying.
I was very happy with the purchase and would highly recommend these puppets if you want to encourage your children to be creative and imaginative through play no matter what they're capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Crow review, 11 July 2011
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
This is a great educational toy, even larger than I expected from the images available (the body part reaches down to my elbow), and with a surprisingly clear "squawk" in his beak. Fun for younger pupils and also for the family!! The crow's "feathers" are made of floppy black fur and this gives him a crazy, beady-eyed look which is very impressive. Young kids believe he's real after a few seconds. With the right activities and a bit of imagaination he can be made an essential part of the classroom in a question of a couple of days.
I'm delighted with the purchase, especially at the mroe than reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Puppets and Brilliant Company, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
This is our second puppet from The Puppet Company and I can't praise both the puppets and the company highly enough. The crow is large with lovely soft black plumage and bright yellow beak and feet. He is well-made and full of character. My 10-year-old son loved him on sight and his wonderful caw is being well used. We already had the Green Amazon parrot puppet who is also fantastic. They are an exuberant pair and a lot of fun for kids and adults. What I really like is that they are not the same puppet just in different colours. The crows eyes are to the front of his face, the parrot's are to more to the sides; the crow's beak is longer and they have easily differentiated sounds too. A few weeks ago the Green Amazon's squeaker started to falter - no wonder considering the constant use over the last year - so I contacted The Puppet Company to see if it would be possible to purchase a replacement squeaker. They were charming and sent me a replacement free of charge within a couple of days.

5.0 out of 5 stars A star buy, 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
Both my 4 and 7 year olds love this toy, and have played with it for hours. The squeaker in the beak is a little annoying at first, but when you see how much fun the kids have with it, it seems worth it somehow. I have bought several other puppets (not all have squeakers) and every child that sees them wants to play with them. Great ice breakers and hours of fun to be had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crow, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
This puppet is brilliant and his expression is great. My 3 year old grandson adores it. The only reason it hasn't got 5 stars is that the "feathers" are shedding a lot and this could be a problem with a smaller child. Maybe we were just unlucky and I hope this doesn't happen normally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and fun item!, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
This is an excellant item, worth every penny spent and I would happily of paid more if the price had been higher! It is wonderfully crafted, a lot of fun and has worked wonderfully in a short film for children we have been making using puppets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant crow puppet, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
Just the very thing for the Alice in Wonderland theme party where we went as Tweedledum & Tweedledee.

Again, a convenient service from Amazon which I shall miss unless/until Amazon changes its tax avoidance policy in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made & easy for child or adult to use, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
Bought 2 of these to use as story props in group therapy sessions with young children with special needs & they went down a treat! Well made & easy for child or adult to use effectively

5.0 out of 5 stars Counting crow, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet (Toy)
Great for counting, easy to use, just a little bit fluffy and the fluff tends shed a bit so not good for under 3's to play with I guess but great to use for teaching music.

The Puppet Company - Large Birds - Crow Hand Puppet