• Music

Format: Audio CDChange

on 25 October 2005
This is the first really new album offering Michael has offered for some time, with the last album really being a bit of a compilation of a number of the previous. This album offers a fantastic mix of songs, some of which seem to have made quite a strong reapperance in the popular marketplace recently on shows like X-Factor (e.g. You Raise Me Up and Desperado). As you would expect the songs are sung with great passion and emotion and it is a sensational album. My favourite tracks include 'Everlasting Love' and 'Sometimes When We Touch' but I could happily have seen 'The Show Must Go On' removed as I find it a strange match for Michael's voice.
on 30 October 2005
Michael Ball is back and what an album to come back with.
Singing his favourite songs - he gives an amazing performance of all 12 songs.
My particular favourites being - The Show Must Go On, Music and You Raise Me Up.
No matter what he sings, it is always fantastic. Definitely my favourite album so far!!
on 27 July 2007
I own this cd and I think I must have been listening to a different cd than the previous reviewer.How someone can say Michael Ball has no soul is beyond me. I also do not see what having a dig at fans or those who enjoy musicial theatre has got to do with it either.

This album is lovely to listen to. Michael's voice is as always resonates through everything he sings. His passion for what he's singing is obvious.
on 15 June 2006
This CD is Michael's best CD so far. From the opening song "Music" to the climax with the full-length version of the first song at the end, Michael just takes you on a roller-coaster of emotion with his choice of songs on this album.

My favourite songs are "Everlasting Love", (great upbeat song), "Life On Mars" for its great lyrics and the full-length version of "Music" for the power of the music. And the lyrics of this song are so true.

Looking forward to your new release in the autumn, Michael. "Music" will take some beating.
on 15 November 2005
Fantastic c.d. Micheal Ball is just a brill singer. A must have c.d. in anyone's collection. Just brill.
on 18 October 2005
I love the variety in this cd. Old songs sung with passion and love. The man keeps surprising me with his versatility. I love it!!!!
on 6 September 2007
Michael Ball sings with his magnificent voice, AND SOUL - each CD seems to be better than the last. In this Cd he has taken some older songs (as well as one he has written)and makes them his own. His interpretation gives me goose bumps, of the nicest kind! Another superb album.
on 20 December 2012
Michael has such a melodious voice and I could listen
to him all day. I loved him in Les Miserables as Marius
but this CD has him singing other songs Sometimes When
We Touched is beautiful as is the whole CD
on 23 October 2005
I've managed to listen to the cd some times now.
Overall I like the sound of it. The sonours figures and sounds, the orchestration aso.
I admit some of the songs I perfer in their origial version, but Michael Ball never stops to surprise me with his interpretation of songs. He's just amazing.
I'll not going ot name all the track on the CD. I think every one will have one's own favourite here.

The only Norwegian song on MUSIC - "You Raise Me Up" , Rolf Løvland's song I know a lot of you love, but I've heard too many times in the past, and it didn't do anything for me - By the way - did you know there are now 100 versions of that song ? Rolf Løvland said so the other day - Westlife's version is no. 100
And then I heard "You Raise Me Up" today. WOW !!!! Michael's version on MUSIC took me by surprise. WOW what a version of that song. I LOVE IT So, I'll be sure to tell Rolf Løvland that he has to listen to Michael's version of his song ! It's beautiful.
"I Am Loved", Michael's new selfpenned song,deserves a mention. It sounds like a gospeltune,a large choir, Michael on top form using the whole register of his voice. This song I would to see him perform live. The lyrics seem, in my opinion to be the sequel to "What Love Is Fore".
"Life on March". I'loved Michael's version of that song both on the DVD "Alone Together",Donmar Warehouse, and "Singual Sensations" last autumn at Haymarket. This version, seems to be a bit slower, but I think David Bowie will be pleased with Mivchael's CD version

All in all - I highly recommend this CD. A must for those who like to listen to quality in every segment. Go and get it !!!!
Ok, back to listen to Music....
and track 12 - Music, must be an application to go on tour with Robert Wells/"Rhapsody in Rock" in Scandinavia next year.
on 26 August 2013
But terrific nevertheless. The song choices are more personal and many are not commonly known, but the man could sing the phone book and make it sound grand.