Format: Audio CD|Change

Gladys Knight's voice can go from silky smooth as on Help Me Make It Through The Night, to raw emotion as on Neither One Of Us. The first mentioned has a lovely spoken introduction that adds to the mood of this great Kristofferson song.
Midnight Train to Georgia (1974) is another of her deep soul classics while on Try To Remember (The Way We Were) she goes all silky again - this one too, has a great spoken intro. From the disco period come Bourgie Bourgie and Taste Of Bitter Love, dancefloor killers demonstrating her versatility.
Other favourites of mine include Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me, One And Only, Part Time Love and Come Back and Finish What You Started. Her career spans more than 5 decades of memorable soul classics of which the best are provided on this album.
on 22 October 2008
I have been a fan of this lady since the beginning, and yes I am very biased towards her and her music.

But in my humble opinion I dont think she has ever made a bad record and that is some achivment in this day and age, the greatest female voice backed up by the one and only Pips.

If you only have one record in your collection make it this one..........
on 6 April 2010
"Bourgie, Bourgie" one of my favourites and featured among these wonderful songs on this tremendous compilation of the finest musical compositions from Gladys Knight and the Pips. Another amazing song with a dynamic lyric the James Bond film theme song "Licence to kill" which the lady belts out! In agreement with another reviewer of this remarkable collection; I cannot think of a song without quality ever recorded by her, so add this selection to your musical collections!
on 7 August 2015
Took a long time to arrive from Switzerland, but I presume that after Gladys did her tour the demand was high. However the disc was well worth the wait with an excellent set of tracks. This is no comment on the supplier but I would rather have 12 of the greatest hits rather than 19 which includes several there simply to bulk up the cd.
on 12 May 2012
If I have a complaint, it is that this CD is too short. I had a K-Tel double album of her greatest hits and it warped - this is the next best thing, along with 'The way we were' greatest hits which I bought along with this. I have spent many an afternoon enjoying these lovely collections.
on 7 September 2011
Love Gladys Knight and this is a good compilation of her songs. This music is as good today as it was when first recorded. I love all Mowtown and 70's disco and this is good addition to my music collection.
on 27 February 2012
Gladys has just one of the best ever voices that you are ever going to hear,she sings with such strength but beautiful clarity.I hope that she does come back to the UK as I for one will be first in the queue.
This CD covers all her best known work and I have to say that my personal favourites are the ones penned by Ashford and Simpson in late 70's.This is a wonderful selection of great songs sung by an artist who most of todays so called superstars aren't nowhere near the same league.BUY AND ENJOY !!!
on 25 July 2012
Everything arrived in good order & on time. But the product itself, the CD, made me chuckle, as all the songs seemed out of sync with the album menu! It took me a while to get used to it but never fear - it's still worth the money!
on 13 November 2009
Really good greatest hits with all the songs you would expect from a soul diva like Gladys!
on 2 April 2011
Two artists have figured large in my life,musically speaking,of course.Firstly there was Frank Sinatra,who I first
discovered in my teens,a little bit early for a male,some would say.It was many years later before I came across Ms.
Knight,and what a day that was to behold."Help me make it through the night",was the name of the song that put the hook in me,and boy,did I need some "help" at that time.Broken romance had me in pieces,but along came this sweet lady,and she was my salvation.Bless her.I've loved her ever since.If you don't have any Frank Sinatra,or Gladys Knight music near you,then you are surely missing out on some of the greatest music ever produced.Go buy this CD.