‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rootsy rawness and silky smoothness, 28 Mar 2006
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Gladys Knight's voice can go from silky smooth as on Help Me Make It Through The Night, to raw emotion as on Neither One Of Us. The first mentioned has a lovely spoken introduction that adds to the mood of this great Kristofferson song.
Midnight Train to Georgia (1974) is another of her deep soul classics while on Try To Remember (The Way We Were) she goes all silky again - this one too, has a great spoken intro. From the disco period come Bourgie Bourgie and Taste Of Bitter Love, dancefloor killers demonstrating her versatility.
Other favourites of mine include Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me, One And Only, Part Time Love and Come Back and Finish What You Started. Her career spans more than 5 decades of memorable soul classics of which the best are provided on this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifted Gladys !, 6 April 2010
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
"Bourgie, Bourgie" one of my favourites and featured among these wonderful songs on this tremendous compilation of the finest musical compositions from Gladys Knight and the Pips. Another amazing song with a dynamic lyric the James Bond film theme song "Licence to kill" which the lady belts out! In agreement with another reviewer of this remarkable collection; I cannot think of a song without quality ever recorded by her, so add this selection to your musical collections!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best female vocalist in the world, 22 Oct 2008
Mr. A. J. Rayner "Tony" (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of this lady since the beginning, and yes I am very biased towards her and her music.

But in my humble opinion I dont think she has ever made a bad record and that is some achivment in this day and age, the greatest female voice backed up by the one and only Pips.

If you only have one record in your collection make it this one..........

4.0 out of 5 stars Great experience, 7 July 2011
Postepay (Milan, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is so good with so many wonderful songs. I've always liked Gladys (specially at her origins) and this collection is just to reconfirm all my positive feeling about Gladys. Some milestones are super and also the recording is superb. Really a good choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classiest lady in town, 2 April 2011
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Two artists have figured large in my life,musically speaking,of course.Firstly there was Frank Sinatra,who I first
discovered in my teens,a little bit early for a male,some would say.It was many years later before I came across Ms.
Knight,and what a day that was to behold."Help me make it through the night",was the name of the song that put the hook in me,and boy,did I need some "help" at that time.Broken romance had me in pieces,but along came this sweet lady,and she was my salvation.Bless her.I've loved her ever since.If you don't have any Frank Sinatra,or Gladys Knight music near you,then you are surely missing out on some of the greatest music ever produced.Go buy this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars gladys knight and the pips greatest hits cd, 16 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
this cd is really good to listen to. i bought the vinyl LP years ago but lost it. I decided recently to replace it, glad i did and i had forgotten just how good the tracks sound.

joan-bradford

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have songs, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Up there with Diana Ross and the Supremes for me, fills in the gaps in my collection nicely for that era of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gladys Knights Greatest Hits, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
A great piece of nostalgia from the heady days of my youth, and very good value for money. Plus the lady can sing!

5.0 out of 5 stars That Voice is just absolutely Awesome, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Gladys has just one of the best ever voices that you are ever going to hear,she sings with such strength but beautiful clarity.I hope that she does come back to the UK as I for one will be first in the queue.
This CD covers all her best known work and I have to say that my personal favourites are the ones penned by Ashford and Simpson in late 70's.This is a wonderful selection of great songs sung by an artist who most of todays so called superstars aren't nowhere near the same league.BUY AND ENJOY !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 13 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Really good greatest hits with all the songs you would expect from a soul diva like Gladys!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits by Gladys Knight (Audio CD - 2006)