Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£35.99+ £1.26 shipping

The Original Sinsuality tour was the first time that I saw Tori in concert and she absolutely blew me away. What I loved about it is that she revisits old songs from her back catalogue, does covers on rare occassions of other artists, and even the songs from the current album are given a new breath of life. This particular concert from THE ORIGINAL BOOTLEGS collection (which has 6 double CDs in the collection) is one of my favourites, partly because of one song in particular.
Included on the second disc of this concert is her song, "Cool on Your Island". The song is taken from Tori's famous debut album, Y KANT TORI READ, which flopped to say the least. By the time of this tour, I had been a fan of Tori's for a few years but had never heard the track before, as that failed debut is now a collectors item. The version of "Cool on Your Island" that appears on this CD is amazing - the moment I heard it it struck so deeply with me. The title of my review is the opening line from the song and it brilliantly draws you into it. The pain, along with the quiet determination of a woman who longs to be treated the way she feels she should be in a relationship, cannot help but move you.
Other favourites from this CD are "Sweet the Sting" and "Cloud on My Tongue". "Sweet the Sting" is taken from her album, THE BEEKEEPER, the album she was promoting with the tour. And this version is very different to the one on BEEKEEPER. The pace is slower and because it is only Tori and her piano, it means that the song sounds more stripped down, getting to the very best of her talent.
This CD, along with the other 5 in the collection, just goes to show that she is a very talented artist and performer. Whilst being there is always better if you can, this is the next best thing.