4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and it works!!!
I had been advised by a PC World Tech Guy that what I wanted to do was not possible. I wanted to share the video output from my PC with the existing TFT monitor and my LCD TV.

Published on 30 Oct 2007 by Jolly 45

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay but some ghosting
The product let me share my xbox and pc on one monitor which was excellent but sadly there was ghosting present when trying to use it which reduces the quality of the image quite substantially. If you can get over this problem then it will suit your purposes perfectly.
Published on 31 July 2008 by V

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and it works!!!, 30 Oct 2007
This review is from: Euronetwork VGA splitter: 1x HD15 M to 2x HD15 F, 0.2m (Electronics)

I bought this product and a 3m VGA lead from Belkin (both through Amazon). They arrived together a couple of days later. I turned off the PC and the TV, connected the VGA splitter to the PC VGA output, the 3m cable from the splitter to the TV and the existing VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA splitter. Turned on computer, monitor and PC and it all worked straight away. The results are fine with no flickering, shadows or any bad effects at all.

Hope this helps others who have been advised that it is not possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget, But Effective, 17 Jun 2009
I bought this splitter as a bit of an experiment! My intention was to be able to use a single monitor (VGA), and input from two sources (a PC and a Mac laptop), without the need to move my monitor and keep swapping leads.

I was uncertain as to whether this would work, as I was well aware that this splitter is designed for the opposite purpose (sending an image from one source to two displays). The alternative was to buy a switch box, designed for my needs, but ugly and more expensive.

I was concerned that buying the 'budget' option may be a false economy, especially reading reports of ghosting from people with apparently similar setups to what I was trying to achieve. After all, the reason I would want to be able to plug in my laptop, is to get a better picture than what I already had.

I am pleased to report a complete success!! I now have two VGA leads attached to my monitor, via this adapter. One is permanently attached to my pc, the other, can be plugged into my laptop when required.

- Dual input: If both sources are sending signals to the monitor, my monitor simply recognises neither, not a problem obviously, just for those of you who may be curious.

- Ghosting: I did experience ghosting using one particular setup, but this was resolved. I experienced ghosting when displaying windows, while the lead to the laptop was attached to the splitter, but not to the laptop. Firstly, this can be resolved by disconnecting the unused VGA lead from the splitter. This however, would defeat the object of my original aim. Interestingly however, with the same setup: displaying PC, with the other VGA lead attached to the splitter and on the other end; to my MINI DIPLAYPORT adapter [MINI DISPLAYPORT TO VGA ADAPTER] (can, but doesn't need to be plugged into the laptop), I had NO ghosting. Likewise, I never experienced ghosting when displaying Mac, while the other lead was attached to the PC. The reason for ghosting must be something to do with not completing the circuit (much like with TV antenna). The answer then is that the VGA leads must be attached to something that allows them to complete the circuit.

This may not suit everyone's needs, but it may help.

I would also like to recommend Aquarius Computer
Supplies Ltd. They provided helpful and prompt e-mail support, and delivery was next day!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good low-cost option, 27 Jun 2007
Mr. M. J. Mckeown "mckeomat" (nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this product so that I could connect my XBOX 360 and PC to my LCD TVs VGA socket. There are plenty of switcher boxes on the market, but other reviewers complained of ghosting; so I decided to go for the cheapest option and see the results. It works a treat! Yes, there is some ghosting on the PC image, but a few contrast and brightness adjustments minimized this. The XBOX image looks perfect...I couldn't tell any difference! Highly recommended for a budget option

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we needed thanks., 18 Mar 2009
worked perfect for using our monitor and television at the same time so we dont have to keep swapping the cables around!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 May 2009
I was a bit dubious at first but after reading the reviews I thought what the hell, I can only lose £2.99. I should not have worried, splitter worked a treat dividing the signal to both my monitor and LCD TV without any loss of picture quality whatsoever. Superb!

4.0 out of 5 stars VGA splitter, 22 July 2010
I intended to use this splitter, to split my desktop to one screen and a projector.

Firstly I would say that if you are looking for both high quality on both screens this may not be the one for you. As I predicted when I bought this product, the quality of the picture dropped by a small margin.

However I did expect a greater change in the quality for the worse; because of the small price I had to pay for the product, but this splitter only altered the contrast of the screen by a small amount.

If you don't mind this, then this is a great splitter. When buying any splitter the clarity of the picture is bound to drop, so after reading this review please do not try and find one that does not do this; because a guarantee that you will not find one. Every splitter will drop the quality by even the smallest amount.

The service offered by the company was good and the product arrived in the time given.

This splitter works well and is great value, I would recommend you buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vga splitter for a monitor., 20 Mar 2011
P. Campbell (GB.) - See all my reviews
I bought this as my desktop PC would only run for 15-20 mins then freeze. I used the splitter to connact my laptop to my 19" flatscreen monitor as I prefer the large screen over tha smaller laptop screen.
So I stated up with my pc and when it froze I just swithced on the laptop and carried on viewing. The set-up worked fine. I have since had my PC repaired and use it on its own, the vga splitter was very handy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay but some ghosting, 31 July 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 8 Dec 2009
P. Sayce (UK) - See all my reviews
A good product for the price paid. The image on both the PC screen and projector screen is great and there is no loss of quality when both are on at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Shoddy, 18 April 2013
Complete waste of time. Poorly built and the gain drop is beyond belief. Don't waste your time and money on this particular spilitter