Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 19 March 2014
I ordered three sets. When they arrived they were shinier and not exactly what I would describe as a linen finish. One pack in particular had all the cards misaligned and I wouldn't play with this deck they're so bad. As I needed the third deck I went into Sainsbury's and got an identical set, and that's where I started to see the difference.

The finish from the Sainsbury's pack of Waddingtons cards is less shiny and more defined. And the cards are wrapped inside the pack as it says it should be on the seal of quality that you break to get into the pack. In comparison the cards I received were not wrapped inside, and the seal on the outside isn't curved.

Side by side they look identical, but get inside the box and it's quite easy to tell the difference.
on 10 April 2014
I compared the pack here to a pack I purchase previously. The cards are shinier, the print quality is much lower, and the advert card has misspellings. The textures of the cards actually vary from card to card too. The joker differs too (there appears to be the wrong amount of jokers in this pack too).

Very disappointed.
on 14 December 2012
Thy're only a pack of playing cards, but hey! - good price, no postage ordered from the comfort of the armchair. I did have to get up to get them from the letterbox though. :-(
on 21 April 2012
There is no getting away from it. For the cost of these cards, they are seriously good quality. Having read the reviews on them and knowing the brand before I purchased, I was never expecting them to be bad. However, when they arrived and I examined them, I was honestly surprised by how good the finish was and how durable they seem. I think with realistic adult players who play from time to time, these cards will last for years and years. And for under £2!! You really can't go wrong.
on 27 July 2009
I run a friendly poker school once a week so cards get used a lot...Waddingtons number 1 are the best!!!
on 6 May 2012
The product was not up to the normal standard of the cards that i have bought before for a whist club there was quite a lot of print misprint on the back of the cards, as if they were seconds.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2012
Product arrived perfect and in a timely manner. Apart from the 2 jokers there were 26 red cards and 26 black of differing value and some with pictures. Great!
on 26 August 2012
We play whist every Friday night with my Dad and my sister and we have been through several makes of cards in the last several years searching for the best quality, but we keep returning to Waddington's, the cards of our youth. We have been caught out with cards that you can see through, cards that are just slightly too small and cards that have large indexes which can't be seen when holding 13 cards in your hand. So we go back to these Waddingtons. They are so shiny and lovely when new, fit your hand so perfectly and are neither see through nor impossible to see, can be wiped a bit as they get older and stickier and are perfect for snap and teaching small kids new games at the end of their life. The only ones I will buy now, I can recommend them.
on 8 April 2015
These cards are rubbish. We have some very old linen finish Waddington's cards that are now so grimy with handling that they actually smell so replacements are long overdue. We bought two packs so that we could play bezique and were very disappointed by the poor quality. They are not made of card but some sort of plastic which has been impressed with a design meant to simulate a linen finish, which it does not. The cards are very slippery and difficult to hold and deal. They are not pleasant to handle. They are not made by Waddington. We gave ours to charity and won't be buying any more. Save your money and put it towards a pack of better quality.
on 21 September 2009
They're playing cards. Not a lot to go wrong with them. The individual packs are fine. The only problem I found is that you don't get to specify the colours of the backs. All the ones I received had the same colours. The supplier needs to split the order to two different coloured backs. If you order multiple packs, try putting in two separate orders and see if this helps.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse