5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Voice, Wonderful Album
Published on 15 Nov 2005 by Music

2.0 out of 5 stars Overproduced, annoying GARBAGE!!!!!!!
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade here, but......I am a major Andrea Bocelli fan. I've bought six of his albums and two of his DVDs to date. This was the second of his discs I bought thinking it would top my first purchase, "Romanza," and guess what: it didn't. I love him, but I found no appreciation for most of the tracks here, because Andrea sounds like he wants to get...
Published on 8 Mar 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Voice, Wonderful Album, 15 Nov 2005
Music "Fan" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
I loved this CD when it was first released and this new edition has a couple of extra special bonuses. Bocelli has such a special quality about his voice and this is probably my favourite collection of his. Of the bonus tracks, ‘Di Quella Pira’ is really beautiful but it is the other bonus track which really impresses, as it is simply magnificent. It’s The Pearl Fishers’ Duet and it features Bryn Terfel. For me this is the partnership of a lifetime, as these two voices come together, it is evident that these two men stand alone in the world of modern classical music. An absolute joy first time round, but even better now, this album is simply irresistible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digitally remastered?, 2 Dec 2005
Joanne M. Martinez (Galesburg, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
I contend this Aria Album is digitally remastered old fvaorites from the original Aria album. All songs sound wonderful and much stronger than the original. The two bonus tracks, The duet Pearl Fishers with Bryn Terfel and Di Quella Pira from the PBS Statue of Liberty performance with conductor Stephen Mercurio is worth the price of the entire CD. Listen and enjoy this treat. Joanne Martinez an Andrea Bocelli fan since 1995

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 2 May 2004
This review is from: The Opera Album Aria (Audio CD)
My apologies to the previous critics, but I love this CD. And actually, I felt Romanza was a horrible mistake. Romanza is a bit, shall we say, soft on content. Aria, however, brings to life some of the most beautiful operas in a very accessible way.
You can feel how Andrea Bocelli must have enjoyed singing this, and it genuinly moves me. For me, this is a CD that I don't get tired of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Magic from Andrea!!!, 6 Feb 2010
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
I have just purchased this C.D. as it has two additional tracts. I already have the original one.

The arias that Andrea sings are so beautiful. The two from la Boheme and Tosca are regarded as two of the most beautiful arias for tenors. I love all the arias and they are so soothing when one has had a bad day at work!!

I have all Andrea's C.D.'s and operas and just love all of them but the more I play the opera C.D.'s the more I love them. He has the most beautiful expressive voice which has so much heart and soul put into every word. I would highly recommend this beautiful magical Andrea Arias album to anyone who loves good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Modern Tenor, 11 April 2006
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
I have seen Bocelli live, twice, once in Hyde Park, and once in the Wembley arena. Breathtaking, heart-stopping I could go on. One of my biggest regrets is that the Hyde park concert was not made into a DVD. It was phenomenal. The C.D. does justice to Boceeli's voice and undoubted talent. There are those who say that Bocelli is not the most technical of singers and this for purists is true. The Man sings from the Heart with his Soul acting as the sub-woofer. To hear him is to love him in my opinion, the duet with Bryn Terfyl almost equals Jussi Bjorling and Robert Merrill. Which is my favourite version of the Pearl Fishers Duet. All the songs are inspiring,buy it, I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aria, 25 Dec 2012
KDB (manchester england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aria (MP3 Download)
an extreamly good album of opera classic tracks sung by one of the best tenor voices. i think the album is worth buying for the Pearl Fishers duet with Bryn Terfel.
kdb.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Aria (MP3 Download)
excellent cd except 'love me tender'. can't stand elvis which spoils some music for me.
if you like andrea, worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrea bocelli, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
this was a gift for somebody, they enjoyed it.
I have not listened to it myself not my type of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrea Bocelli. The Opera Album, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] (Audio CD)
This album was recommended by a musically sophisticated friend whose opinion I value. Up to now I had considered Bocelli the possessor of an attractive tenor voice used mainly for cross-over and pop material. Until now, I could not take seriously some of his frankly inartistic efforts in the classical field. This record has proved a revelation and, if a truthful representation of his current voice and art, puts him into the league of top ranking tenors. All of these well-known arias have clearly been carefully considered and he brings superb phrasing and an individual touch to nearly all of them.
His magnificent version of Bellini's 'A te O cara' is worthy to set beside the superb recordings by Lauri Volpi and Bonci. But purchasers of this CD will doubtless discover many other splendid interpretations in this album which has my highest recommendation.
Vivian Liff

5.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli's voice excels., 7 Dec 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Opera Album Aria (Audio CD)
Rarely do you find a new voice that suprises and delights you. In Andrea Bocelli one finds just this. A voice and interpretation for which these arias seem to have been waiting for. Pavarotti beware. Your crown is under threat.

Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION]
Aria - The Opera Album [SPECIAL EDITION] by Andrea Bocelli (Audio CD - 2005)