on 22 May 2006
First of all, I'm not going to compare the game to the XBox 360 version like some other reviewers are doing, since I think it's unfair to do so.

This game is fun to play and very easy to get into - the AI on the cops is quite predictable too, so if you get stopped by a road block once, you'll know when it's coming the next time round - they always seem to pop up in the same places!!

I'm not a very good gamer, so things like this help me along. I don't want to pay the best part of thirty quid for a game I can't play, and so far haven't had to reach for the cheat disk to feel like I'm getting my money's worth!

The game seems really slow though, which was great when I first started playing it, but as I progressed it got too slow. No matter how fast you're going, you just don't get that feeling of speed.

The sound is fantastic through a pair of headphones, but I found it very 'tinny' and annoying through the PSP speakers. Now, I realise this is to be expected, but this isn't a problem for a lot of other games, as much of it is to do with the high-pitched whine of the car engines. Because the handling is so easy, you can hammer-it round most of the tracks without ever letting up on the gas, which means the engine pitch rarely changes.
on 19 February 2007
I know a lot of people have reviewed this game with relatively low marks, which I am struggling to understand why. Yes there is no free roam, but the career mode is excellent. I think the graphics on NFS Carbon for the PSP were better, but the game play is certainly more challenging. It took me about four weeks to complete this game, whereas I'd completed Carbon in under a week.

If you're looking for free roam and easy game play then this isn't the game for you. If you're looking for excellent game play that's a real challenge then go and buy it!!
on 24 March 2006
I was not sure if I would like this game after reading some of the customer reviews but I have to say I am very impressed. Bearing in mind I have only seen the psp version! And I also have no tv in my room at the moment so my psp is my lifeline, and this game is going to help!
The game itself took me very little time to get used to. By my 2 or 3rd race I was taking the racing line like a pro! As has been said, and I can confirm, the police do give you a hard time. But not so hard you cant do the races, maybe just restart a few! And that increases your satisfaction as you manage to nitro out of a corner, swerve round a car and hear that wonderfull sound of tinkling glass behind you! And someone (cant remember who) said you cant realy afford to buy the visual upgrades, well admitedly im still pretty early in it but i have all the current avilable upgrades available (performance and visual) and a tidy sum left over in the bank! Another added bonus (which I should be trying out soon!)is this is one of the few games lucky enough to be playable online! And of cource its going to be fun pitting your prefered style of car against someone else! Overall it just seems well done. The menus are simple (but granted they can be a little jerky at times!) EA Trax is there with the option to turn songs on and off. (and some not bad songs! even a mastadon song wedged in there!)
Bearing in mind I normaly have very high standards for my games (have already returned several psp titles!) I was very pleasantly suprised! Definatly worth the money.
on 13 March 2006
This game i saw played on the PS2 at a friends house a while ago, having just bought a PSP the same day, i decided to give the game a try. NOT disappointed, although a lot of the modes from the PS2 version have been 'simplified' and seamlessly integrated into the game play, this does not distract from it from being a quality game.There are so many things to progress with and different things to do that lastability is endless
Full marks for this one, buy it now, you wont be disappointed
on 20 February 2006
This is a warning to all gamers. This game is not like Need for speed Underground 2. The game is based on police chases and getting a high reputation. You can still customise the cars and it is a brilliant game which i recomend. But be warned it is not like Need for speed underground 2.
on 26 November 2005
Firstly this game is great. EA must of have worked 24/7 to make this and the consoe version.
You might think "why should i get the psp version shurely it's the same at the console version", if you think that......you are wrong. In this version you can be the cop and lay down the law in "Tuner Takedown", mode. There is also the "Outrun", mode in which you have 120 seccons to "Outrun", the cops by hiding under briges, or around a shortcut. The police are hard as they set up police blocks that have a small, yellow, weird, inderstructable wall around them. Sometimes it's hard to get around them, but you can use it to your advantage as cops and rivals get stuck at the wall.
The only bad thing about this game, is that in inferstucture mode it desides to randomly crash which mkes you have to take the battery out of your psp, then put it back in.
Overall this game is great and i reccomeny you buy it.
on 12 January 2013
Arrived quickly. I bought this for my Husband as a Christmas present. I was a bit worried about the graphics but as it turns out he is really impressed with the quality and game overall.
on 17 February 2012
It's very real name :Need for speed - MOST WANTED. My boy play about month and still happy,don't lost his interest to that game,plus that keeps him an hours .
on 6 February 2006
This is one of the best games for PSP so far, it has all the graphics, sounds and gameplay that the PSP needs to live up to.
The game is potentially better than GTA Liberty City Stories and others argumentatively. Overall a great game! A Must Have!
on 28 February 2013
I prefere this version to the doomed vita version as its more fun and straightforward.Buy it for driving thrills on a handheld.