5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
As a programmer, I type many hours every day and for a long time have been looking for ways to ease the stress my hands endure. At the moment, the available selection of ergonomic keyboards is very dire, but since buying this keyboard I can thankfully say this is not a problem.

Not all keyboards are created equal when it comes to ergonomics. One of the worst...
Published on 8 Sep 2006 by Neil Cahill

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard but it does have some drawbacks
So far I haven't heard a bad word said about this keyboard hence why I was encouraged to go out and get myself one. For me personally the keyboard turned out to be a little dissapointing in terms of usability.

Being a touch typist I had hoped that an ergonomic design might actually benefit my typing speed, ironically I found the split keys to be one of the...
Published on 12 Feb 2007 by Nazboy

‹ Previous | 136 37 38 39 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken keys and didn't work, 1 May 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
Bought this as a replacement for my ageing natural keyboard - got it home, was impressed with it... until I tried to type on it. Half the keys only worked if I really hit them repeatedly - while this caused friends on MSN amusement... it did prove a slight inconvenience when trying to work on the thing. After 2 days of struggling on with it I was experiencing worse wrist pain than I ever had before using "flat" keyboards and went back to my old, reliable natural keyboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clacking Space Bar, 11 Sep 2008
Evelyn "Evelyn Adams" (Pinner, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have used this keyboard for about six months. Its comfortable, but so incredibly noisy. I am a touch typist, and find the clacking spacebar most irritating. Also, the letters have worn off the keys, particularly the E, I O and M. This should not happen with a keyboard nowadays. I will not buy this one again. Its not designed or built for fast touch typists. Disappointing. Evelyn Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE, 23 Mar 2013
I AM USING A MICROSOFT 4000 AT THE MOMENT BUT WANTED TO REPLACE IT WITH THE SAME BECAUSE SOME OF THE KEYS ON MINE ARE WEARING OFF, BUT BE WARNED THAT WHEN ZOOMING IN ON THE PICTURE OF THIS KEYBOARD THE KEYBOARD IS AN AMERICAN LAYOUT AND ABOVE THE NUMBER 3 BUTTON ALONG THE TOP OF THE KEYBOARD IS SHOWING A $ SIGN AND NOT A SIGN, INFACT ON LOOKING AT THE WHOLE LAYOUT I CANT EVEN FIND A SIGN AT ALL ANYWHERE ON IT, PLUS THE @ SIGN HAS MOVED AND THE HASH KEY HAS MOVED AMONG OTHERS, SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU WANT OR NEED TO USE SOMETHING LIKE THE SIGN IT ISN'T SHOWING ON THIS KEYBOARD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard but NO PS/2 support (or USB-PS2 converter support), 6 Oct 2009
Had this delievered in good time as my research lead me to believe that it came or allowed USB to PS2 conversion. Sadly this was not the case, nor did any of the reviews mentioned it. Due to my KVM switch only supporting PS2 inputs it would be foolish for me to re-arrange the infrastructure purely for this keyboard. So having tried all USB convertion kit possible, I was forced to return it.

What an amazing return process by Amazon - CONGRATS!! Wish ALL ecommerce sites would provide such wonderful and instant online service - well done Amazon!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Took some getting used to, 11 Feb 2008
I have always used the traditional rectangle shape keyboard, but i thought i try this out.

Well it took me ages to get used to it and i don't really fell the benefit. The keyboard itself is of good quality and i like many others have never had any keys not responding.

Would i purchase again...? Well i dont thin i would rush out to get this again but I am very happy using it still and I'm in no hurry to replace it foe the sake of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing CD and instructions, 22 July 2014
So no CD and no instructions and still not sure if this is going to have only limited functionality with Windows 8.1. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, 5 Jan 2006
Truly horrible keyboard. I like the split layout, and can't really type on a normal keyboard anymore, but this one is going back in the box. The problem is the unresponsive keys. As someone else said, they don't go down without an effort. Some of them you even have to hit at the exact right angle, or they don't move... If you have problems with your hands, like I do, this keyboard is probably one of the worst you can get.

1.0 out of 5 stars An ergonomic disaster!!!, 11 Jun 2009
This so-called "ergonomic" keyboard is actually an ergonomic disaster. I first got RSI after using one of these things for about a month. The two BIG problems are that firstly it isn't adjustable, so it's unlikely to work well for you, and secondly, the mouse is driven WAY off to the right hand side of the keyboard because of the absurdly large numeric pad and panel for page up/down etc. That movement from the keyboard to the mouse and back is huge - and it is also a real killer as far as carpal tunnel syndrome is concerned. In fact, it is precisely the sort of movement you should NOT be making from an ergonomics perspective. I can only assume that Microsoft have some sort of twisted sense of humour describing this thing "ergonomic", and I'm suprised that they get away with it in the UK under the Trade Descriptions Act. Do yourself a favour and check out the Goldtouch instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly ugly and has AGGRAVATED my RSI !, 20 Feb 2012
I am a long-standing user of MS Natural keyboards. I had one of the original Natural keyboards, and more recently a Natural Media keyboard. They were both great in avoiding the RSI that I was previously routinely getting from straight keyboards. However, my Natural Media keyboard, though working fine, has got filthy over the years, and it really needs a full wet clean and scrub, which of course it might not survive - so I thought it was time to get a new MS Natural keyboard.

I was horrified then to find that Microsoft had caught the "Black, black, glorious black!" disease, and I had no option but to buy this new version, which is not only extremely ugly but difficult for seeing the keys and the characters thereon unless in very strong light (indeed, still rather difficult even then!). Anyway, reluctantly I bought this model, which is much more 'shaped' than my old Natural Media, and virtually immediately I started getting a sharp RSI pain in the basal area of my left thumb, which forced me to stop using the keyboard. I investigated and found that actually my Microsoft WheelMouse appeared to be the main culprit, because it was so shaped as to force the base of that thumb slightly outwards, and the strain had actually been building up over the months. The new keyboard's involvement was because its wrist-pad strip was too much raised in the middle, so pressing on my thumb bases and tending to cause the 'heel' part of the had to spread out a little, including the thumb bases again getting pushed out a little - albeit less than the mouse was doing.

So, initially I discarded that harmful mouse and bought a small Logik mouse, which is really good, and the RSI pain receded somewhat and I could resume using the new keyboard. However, the pain did not go away, and the base area of my other thumb was also a bit painful. This evening, finally the left thumb RSI got too much and I finally decided enough was enough, and I've wasted my good money on an actually harmful product. By this time I'd already discarded the new keyboard's packaging (having nowhere to keep it in my small flat), so I'm really not expecting any joy from Amazon about a refund, though I shall draw this matter to their attention.

Fortunately I'd not yet risked killing my old Natural Media keyboard, and I'm back to using it. As well as looking so much more pleasant and harmonious, albeit the filth on it rather showing, it is BLISS to type with compared with the new, ugly model.

Unfortunately this is all very bad news for me, for it looks as though I shall have to purchase one of the extremely expensive specialist-market ergonomic keyboards, because MS have now overdone their 'ergonomic' shaping of their Natural keyboard to make it actually CAUSE RSI - at least in the thumb base area.

Microsoft needs to put not just 'cleverness' into their ergonomic keyboard design and appearance, but much more careful thought, with more user testing during the development stages.

Update, 28th February 2012...
Much as I'm not keen on large organizations generally, I do have to say that Amazon Returns department was exemplary towards me when I told them of my problem with this keyboard. Although this case looked to be at best rather a grey area with regard to Amazon returns policy, I had a very nice e-mail from them, saying they were sorry I'd had trouble with the keyboard, and inviting me to return it for full refund, and giving returns number and pre-paid postage label. And they were as good as their word, refunding immediately upon receipt of the keyboard. I even got a really nice short e-mail back from them after I wrote in to thank them. They do seem to be doing a lot of things right! :-)

For the record, I finally settled on one of the Fujitsu adjustable split keyfield ergonomic keyboards, and although it has been taking longer to get used to some of the key positions, my RSI is clearly now gradually on the decline. I'm resigned now to the fact that I have to pay in excess of 100 for an ergonomic keyboard that is fit for purpose for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard but not new design - Hmm. not sure!, 5 April 2006
By A Customer
Helped relieve me of the hand/wrist aches after long times at the computer. Keys were a little hard at first but loosened up. My only gripe is for all the new evoled features of this keyboard over the first generation ones, I ended up getting rid of them to be able to use the keyboard at my workstation. i.e. had to remove the new add-on that raises the wrist rest of the work top as it was too high. Hence had to put the keyboard legs down and lie it flat. Basically, the way it sits on my desk now, it just looks like the older previous keyboard - makes me wonder what is so "new" about this keyboard. Can't knock it too much though as it has made typing easier.

‹ Previous | 136 37 38 39 | Next ›