5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it my little piggies
Make no mistake, my 2 year old loves Peppa Pig. My limited experience of Peppa has, until now, been restricted to the odd episode on channel five, and before the DVD purchase, I'd have said "Peppa's OK, good but not great".
Published on 28 Mar. 2006 by N. Yates

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Had to return, didn't play properly.
Published 1 month ago by ka

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it my little piggies, 28 Mar. 2006
N. Yates "nobby_d" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peppa Pig: New Shoes and Other Stories [Volume 3] [DVD] (DVD)
Since the DVD purchase however, I too love Peppa Pig. What an parent wants from a kiddie DVD is 1) a distraction tool that will keep the little piggies happy and quiet for a while and b) some entertainment for the big piggies when they are forced to watch the DVD with the little piggies.
New Shoes scores highly on both counts. Peppa also is a positive role model and the family relationships are nicely portrayed.
The real highlight for me however, is Daddy Pig. He is a cracking comedy character, and single episodes fail to show just how stupid he is. This collection showcases Daddy Pig's clowning and stupidity to the full. It's worth buying the DVD just for the 'pancake on the head' and 'reading the map upside down' comedy moments.
Money well spent my little piggies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best educational extras I've seen on a DVD, 8 July 2007
This DVD was worth the purchase for the Learn the Alphabet extra feature alone. This held the attention of my 3 year old and has the added bonus of being interactive. Simple for kids to navigate using arrow and OK buttons on your remote control.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 3 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
my 4 year old girl loves it, and it's the only programme my 2 year old will watch for more than 2 minutes. large number of episodes. fab

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give this 10 stars!, 9 Mar. 2009
My one-year-old daughter absolutely loves Peppa Pig and would watch this DVD all day everyday if she got the chance! She knows every episode (all 10 of them) like the back of her hand and imitates the characters throughout.

As a parent who said "I'll never let my child just sit and watch tv..", this is one of the few programmes that I don't mind her watching. It's bright and funny and has helped my daughter with many areas of her develoment. (Her dad and I also love watching it!!)

There is a 'Learn the alphabet with Peppa' section, which is also very good.

I'd give this product 10 stars if I could. Hurrah for Peppa!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab dvd, 25 May 2007
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
my 2yr old daughter loves peppa pig,she has afew of her dvds

this one has 10 tales and 2 extras/game

one tale is "treasure hunt" which we have the same book of

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody loves new shoes, 26 Jun. 2010
Cream crackered (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
On this DVD are 10 Peppa Pig episodes - New Shoes, Ballet Lesson, The Tooth Fairy, Treasure Hunt, Not Very Well, Windy Castle, Pancakes, The Museum, Secrets and Thunderstorm. My daughters favourites are probably The Tooth Fairy and Pancakes, but she enjoys them all very much.

The first thing which I like about this DVD is that in every episode they are taking part in every day activities (such as shopping for new shoes, visiting the Grandparents and dancing etc) rather doing crazy things, which children can understand and relate to really well. I also love the illustrations - they are so simple but manage to look so cute and effective.

My daughter really enjoys watching this DVD and always has a smile on her face when watching it - it has plenty of funny moments, which I think is crutial for keeping childrens attention (we also love the way they all fall about laughing at the end of almost every episode). The episodes are also quite educational in their own ways and can teach youngsters new things in a fun way.

The extras on the DVD include 2 interactive games. The first game is called 'Learn the alphabet with Peppa Pig' which is very easy to operate, it fun for little ones and can definitely help with learning letters. The second game is called 'Put on your own Ballet Show' and again is very easy to play and allows you to pick different Peppa Pig characters to carry out different ballet moves. Overall I think these are very good extras (fun and educational), especially in comparison to many DVD extras.

I'm really pleased with the length of the DVD and the amount of episodes crammed onto one DVD. Very good value for money in my opinion.

I would be happy to recommend this unisex DVD to all preschoolers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 April 2009
S. Sander "Sally Sander" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
The spoken English in this video is so clear and easy to understand. My bilingual four year old has learnt a lot of English by watching Peppa Pig.

5.0 out of 5 stars we love peppa pig, 7 Jun. 2009
...and this doesn't disappoint...poor daddy pig ends up the butt of most of the jokes but my favourite bit is when they all roll about on the floor with laughter..good rollicking fun and so many topics..being unwell,ballet lessons,the museum etc that great to initiate conversations with toddlers and expand their interests and vocab.easy to watch for adults too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Peptastic!!!!!, 27 Feb. 2010
A fantastic DVD, I bought this for my 2 year old son and it hasn't been out of the DVD player since. The cartoon length is just right for the attention span of a toddler! My son's favourite character is George with his Dine-Saur!!!! Fantastic value for money and perfect on car or plane journeys. I have already ordered another DVD, due to this ones popularity!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppa Pig (New Shoes) DVD, 7 Aug. 2011
Just wonderful! Little short (approx 5 mins long) every day stories that my 2 year old can relate to (new shoes, first ballet lesson, thunderstorms, etc) - the Pig family are lovely people! Their interactions are kind and thoughtful - which teach, of course, lovely manners. Every one should own this dvd!!

Peppa Pig: New Shoes and Other Stories [Volume 3] [DVD]