Format: DVDChange

on 17 November 2005
This is the same tour as the DVD Live at the Bolton Albert Hall so expect the same material.
If you already have Live at the Bolton Albert Halls then there's no point in duplicating what you already have, except for the "show me the way to Amarillo" insert which I believe is the only difference that sets it apart from the other.
It's just another ploy by the record company to get you to buy it again by wrapping it under a different title.
Don't bother! Unless you don't have the Bolton DVD!!
0Comment81 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2005
DVD was verbatem Live at the Bolton Albert Halls, The only new funny bit in it was when he pokes bungle in the eye during the Amarillo out takes.
Very disappointed to have parted with my hard earned cash for nothing. Tell as many people as you can.
0Comment100 of 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2006
We've all seen this before. No offense Pete, but this was a lazy cash-in. The jokes are the same as in the Bolton DVD, and the others that you've never told we've heard a million times before elsewhere.
Please Please Please buy another stand up DVD, like Jommy Carr Live or something.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2005
As the other reviews have said, if you already have Bolton Albert Halls, don't expect anything new here.
VERY disappointing that only 47 minutes of the show is here - WHY cut stuff out??? Will never understand that with stand-up shows. If I buy a live show on DVD then I expect to GET the entire show - not severely edited "highlights" - the bits they do include are often not even the funniest bits from the show.
That aside, the 50 or so minute Tour Documentary is simply excellent and goes some way to making up for the disappointment of the actual show itself.
All in all, I would have LOVED to see a more in-depth collection of footage from the entire tour - would have been a lot more interesting than the 50% of the Manchester show you do get.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2005
Peter Kay is a comic genius, and my recent purchase of Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere proves to me that Peter isn't a one night stand (up) comedian.
Why then has he produced an exact repeat of his live 'My mum wants a Bungalow Tour'? I rented this DVD expecting to hear new material, new tag lines, and have a fresh burst of laughter from Mr Kay. Sadly, I was left feeling somewhat cheated. Just glad I didn't actually 'purchase' the DVD, byt both my wife and I agreed afterwards that the DVD publishing firm or Peter Kay himself are going to be leaving some fans feeling a bit cheated and let down.
My advice is to rent it, or to simply buy the Bolton Hall DVD; excatly the same matieral, just a different wrapper.
0Comment53 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2006
Yes it's funny, but spoilt by the niggling feeling that you've been conned. I feel pretty stupid for not having read the small print, but I think it's a tad cheeky releasing exactly the same material on two different DVDs. How many other Peter Kay fans presumed that this new DVD, released 2 years after Live at the Bolton Albert Halls, would be new material? Not likely. The only truly new stuff is the 'Show me the way to Amarillo' video. Cashing in, Peter? Just a bit. If you've already got Bolton Albert Halls, I'd wait until he brings out some new stuff. If you haven't already got the Bolton version, this is worth buying.
on 4 January 2006
I think Peter Kay is really funny, i own all Peter Kay DVDS. When i received this DVD for xmas i was really chuffed but to my horror its excatly the same material as the Bolton Albert Balls DVD, if not word for word. I was dissapointed not to see Peter Kay live during his tour but im glad i didnt because ive heard all the jokes, there was nothing new in his material at all. I feel ripped off by this and would advise anybody who owns the Bolton DVD NOT to buy this. If you dont own the Bolton DVD then buy it. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!!!!
on 8 January 2006
OK yes so I fell for it as well, and my own stupid fault. After all it does say on the front of the box that this is a performance of the “Mum Wants a Bungalow Tour” but then again, am I expected to remember every detail of every cover of every DVD that I buy?
I bought my copy (as I am sure many did) based on the fact that the cover said “Live at Manchester Arena”, knowing that I already owned a DVD titled “Live at the Bolton Albert Hall”. I do not think that based on the titles it was unreasonable to assume that these would be two independent routines.
For example if I buy Jack Dee Live at the Apollo, I would assume that it would contain different material to say Jack Dee Live at the Duke of Yorks. Similarly I would expect Billy Connolly Live At The Royal Albert Hall to be a different show to Billy Connolly - Live In New York, To put out two DVDs of the same routine did leave me feeling as if I had been “caught out by the small print” which is not a nice thing to do to a fan.
But what left me feeling even more conned was the fact that we only got 47 minutes of the routine. After all the Bolton version does go on for 84 minutes, so what is the point in releasing a second version of a routine that actually contains less material than the original.
So all in all, still funny stuff, but a waste of money if you already have the Bolton DVD.
on 28 November 2005
It's hugely cynical for Peter Kay to release this DVD in time for the Christmas market, as it will lead to many disappointed fans when they put it on. Perhaps they held a gigantic cheque over his eyes so he didn't know what he was doing. Yes, it does say on the front that it's a 'farewell performance' of the 'Mum Wants a Bungalow' Tour, which was the live show previously released from Bolton Albert Halls - but many people will not spot this or not know the tour name to realise that they already have the show on DVD. At least with the reviews below, people buying it on t'internet will be forewarned.
0Comment67 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2005
I am a fan of Peter Kay and already had his Bolton and Blackpool tower DVD/Video. I bought this as a treat for £14.99. None of his material on it was new. He repeated jokes from the previous two shows but without putting much effort in to it. There must have been many at the Manchester arena who felt that they had been ripped off too. He will lose a lot of favour over this Con. His mother must be able to afford a mansion by now! Its hard to raise a laugh when you are being ripped off.
Shame on you Peter Kay!poor show!
0Comment51 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse