4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun
I played this at a friend’s and really enjoyed it and have bought a copy for myself.
The single player game is great fun, just guessing the song title as quickly as possible. The multi-player is more like a pub quiz; it was good fun with a few tough questions.
Good game, fun and caters for all levels of ability. I can really recommend this.
Published on 16 Nov. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, could do better...
Published on 1 Dec. 2005 by P. Tracey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 16 Nov. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Beat The Intro 2 - Interactive DVD Game [Interactive DVD] (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun game!, 10 Nov. 2005
I bought this game for my boyfriend who is a big music fan, I on the otherhand enjoy music but am no expert. This game kept both of us entertained as questions vary from easy to hard. The music is good and there seemed to be a bit of everything, playing the game is easy and I especially liked the single player mode which was short and snappy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, could do better..., 1 Dec. 2005
P. Tracey "Dog Lover" (Wilmslow, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is not a bad pop quiz. The single player option is quick and fun. The multi-player option is ok. I don’t mind that you need pen & paper, as this really tests your knowledge, rather than the usual interactive multiple-choice options, which would make it much easier. In fact, sometimes, when you read the questions relating to the intro/lyrics/album cover, they give you a clue as to who it was if you had no idea (e.g. the Cranberries album cover with what looks like a naked body sat down, with a large UFO/fish swooping down!)
Enhancements (if the developers are reading):
Allow a pause option (so people can brew up/get a beer/go to bog etc)
Allow backwards navigation (to previous questions)
Stop the question’s repetition!
Show a progress bar across the bottom so we can easily see time remaining whilst reading the text
Lots more questions are needed, 6000 is not enough. This relates to 1200 per decade. We really need about 100,000 !
The Show Answers functionality on the multi-player option is very poor, you have to select it each time which is very annoying. Better if it could just be turned on or off with a button.
Note, I have just discovered a ‘pause’ facility, simply do not answer the question, and when the time is up, it is repeated. Not sure how long for, but at least 10 minutes so far.
But, all in all, not bad if you have a few beers & friends round.

1.0 out of 5 stars really disappointed with the DVD, 11 Nov. 2006
We purchased 4 copies as presents and decided to keep one ourselves and play it, however we found the following problems

1. When answering a question such as what is the abba hit dancing .....

we selected Queen and were told this was incorrect - there were many

like this.

2. It kept freezing and if not doing that it kept returning us to the beginning before we had completed a round.

3. when still had time on the clock it said out of time.

4. It never told us the correct answers so when we had put in a right answer and it said it was wrong we didnt know which one it thought was the correct answer.

5. it says on the box that there are thousands of questions so you shouldn't get many repeats but we had hundreds of them in fact we were so fed up of playing the same question round over and over again.

We did think it was just the one disk so we tried another and also tried both on 3 DVD players and the response was the same - so all 4 copies were returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a fun game, 8 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
I really enjoyed playing this. The single player game is quick and fun. The multiplayer is an old fashioned quiz. You supposed to play with a pen and paper. I don't mind this - it means everyone is involved at the same time and you all have the same question. I've played other interactive DVDs where you pass the remote control between players which is slow and boring.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an ok game., 7 Jan. 2013
Thought I'd get this because I love my music and it might pass the time with my family.

It's not a bad game but I did find that it messed up a couple of times when the questions didn't come up on the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd game, 12 Dec. 2013
This item arrived very quickly, I was very satisfied with the quality of the product I will be buying more items similar to this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 29 Aug. 2014
Brilliant a group of us went away and I took this, was really great everyone enjoyed it would highly recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 Jan. 2015
Very disappointing few questions and not very varied

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2015