5.0 out of 5 stars canon ink
Canon products are always reliable. Not the cheapest but there is never a problem with the ink and it lasts far far longer than cheaper alternatives.
Published on 1 Feb. 2009 by J. D. Watkins

Published on 28 Jun. 2012 by Doreen Guest

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy The PG-37 Its Only A Starter Cartridge Go For The PG-40, 28 Jun. 2012
Doreen Guest "D. Guest" (Hornchurch, Essex RM12) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
When Canon sell you a new printer they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them PG-37 black and the CL-38 colour cartridges. I was using about 3 black and 2 colours cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Canon do a higher yield versions of the PG-37 & CL-38 cartridges which cost only a few pounds more but hold more ink in them than the starter cartridges which I was using before. What you need is a Canon PG-40 on the black which hold 16mls of ink rather than the 11mls of ink that is in the PG-37 starter cartridge and on the colour what you should be using is a Canon CL-41 which holds 12mls rather than the 9mls which is in the CL-38 colour starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Canon originals plus British premium compatible PG-40 and CL-41 cartridges which hold 20mls black and 24mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Canon trap of selling a very good printer (ip1600) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges which are nearly empty.

5.0 out of 5 stars canon ink, 1 Feb. 2009
J. D. Watkins (LeicesterUK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars A small amount of ink, 21 April 2009
Dr. MJ Tedbury (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
It's Canon ink. It's fine. Prints lovely words 'n' everything. There's not much of it. You'll want some more soon. It's a bit expensive but doesn't cause problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Printer cartridge, 2 July 2009
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
Not to much to say really. It's a straightforward replacement printer cartridge. It lasts reasonably well - it certainly meets my needs as an average family user of a printer, but it may well not last long enough for anyone using it for larger quantities but then you would presumably look at a more suitable printer for bulk printing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PG40 Black Ink, 4 May 2009
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
My husband recently made the mistake of buying these from PC World at an extortionate price but I advised him to take them back and get a refund. These cartridges are exactly the same. They are not compatibles or refills, but originals. I wouldn't use anything less in my printer. These were the best value on Amazon and arrived extremely promptly. I shall be re-ordering again in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast and free delivery, 28 Jun. 2008
Spikey Boy "Spikey Boy" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
I have to say that I ordered this with the colour cartridge on 25th June and had super saver delivery so didn't cost any extra and they arrived today. I can't fault 3 days delivery for no postage cost. The ink works fine and I know that I'm still covered by warranty for using manufacturers goods. I use reviews a lot to decide on what and where to purchase and just wanted to relate my experience which has been first class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Mar. 2010
Mr. Michele Solazzi (Newmarket UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
Product working and shipped on time. Bought original cartdriges at discounted price after having problems with refilled ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hood stuff., 14 Dec. 2008
Derek Jennings "'People watcher'" (The home town of James Barrie) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
Excellent ink but far too expensive for what it is! The printer cost less than the replacement inks which have a very short life indeed! Hope the printer lasts longer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Empty in a flash, 12 Feb. 2009
Christopher Evans (Anglesey, North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
I thought Epson cartridges were bad enough, but these take the biscuit. With only moderate usage, the last one I bought was running low in less than three weeks. Incredible!

5.0 out of 5 stars My mistake, 12 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40) (Accessory)
i did a review for this item a couple of days ago and rated it poorly as I had confused it with a purchase from a different supplier. Doh!

In fact this was delivered with Amazon's usual speed and efficiency and does all it claims to do.

I have bought many items from Amazon and never had a problem with their merchandise.

Canon 40 Black Ink Cartridge (PG-40)