Format: DVD|Change

on 15 March 2000
This is a funny, well paced and surprisingly wimsical movie in which we can find the classical caracters created by Henson in his famous The Muppet Show. We are told how Kermmit decided to become a Hollywood star and how he came across his buddies along the way to Hollywood. Taking into account the movie was made and released in the late seventies , it has an extraordinary technic achievement . Of course we also can find the usual Muppet personalities that enable us to make the best of ourselves improving our best skills and reawakening that ingenuous and curious child spirit that we should keep alive througout all our lives.
on 2 January 2008
I bought this as a Christmas present for my kids, and we all enjoyed it a lot. A real trip down memory lane having seen it at the movies as a kid myself, but the humour still works on the next generation.

Thoroughly recommended.
on 8 November 2012
Going back the roots of how the Muppets first met provides another classic blast of pure-feel good cinema. Something of a classic road trip movie. Funny, amazing songs as you would expect, and a hugely brilliant and diverse set of cameos. The only thing that lets it down is the fourth wall breaking aspect of the story transitioning from road trip to movie, which isn't as clearly defined as it could have been. Still, its the muppets it would be silly to complain any further as its pure entertainment for all the family. And Rowlf. And Animal. They don't hurt either.
on 11 August 2015
No idea what it's like - sent for it and did not realise it was not playable in the Region where live (UK.)No indication on screen that this would be a problem. Don't find out till you look at the DVD case - once you have sent for it! BEWARE!
Got to get an All-Regions DVD player in order for my son to enjoy it!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2004
These are the four best Muppet movies by far. And the fact that they have been put together in a box means that somebody, somewhere, knows that. I can't wait for this to be brought out on Region 2 DVD. The earliest films are outright comedy classics, be you child, adult, monkey, man-child, pet - whatever. If you haven't seen The Muppet Movie or The Great Muppet Caper then you are in for a right treat. But only if you havea region 1 player!
on 15 August 2012
Bought this after watching the recent Disneyfied verson. Still think the original is the best and so do my kids (who it was bought for!).
on 13 July 2014
I loved this film when it 1st appeared & kept a copy on VHS tape that's now rather worn out so I was delighted to find this DVD version.
Without a doubt the Muppets (and Jim Henson) totally transformed what you can create with puppets.
Good clean family fun & totally believable characters living a proper story / life
on 4 May 2013
I keep collecting DVD like this to entertain children that stay at my apartment and ourselves of course, they are a good alternative to greek TV if you don't speak the language. They are not expensive so I purchase one or two a year sometime more and leave them at the accommodation great hit with parents to keep the kid quite.
on 20 September 2013
Enduring. Funny, beautifully crafted and ahead of the game.
Jim Henson and his hand picked team understood exactly
what a children's film should be. Fantastic stuff.
on 4 July 2002
This film is a classic. I grew up watching it and it holds so many fond memories for me.
My daughter is now a huge Muppets fan so I am now ordering it for her (well me really !) to watch and enjoy it all over again.
Rainbow Connection by Paul Williams is such a lovely song, best sang by Karen Carpenter, but Kermit doesn't sing it bad !!
Can't wait for my order.