5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting
Published on 9 Jan 2008 by Helenbookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars not massive fan on it but my children liked it
was realistic then had to go all odd.. but was different i found it to sad and surreal so didnt make me feel to good after esp as was feeling lonely and cabin fever over xmas.. but saying that its unique my boys liked it..ending didnt make to much sense but its magical enough guess
Published 7 months ago by k.b

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 9 Jan 2008
Helenbookworm (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Often when my daughter has a new DVD my heart sinks but this was just delightful. It is the tale of a young girl who moves to the city with her family. Laura is desperately homesick for her old home but is distracted when a star falls to earth and involves her in several adventures. Despite its delightfully old fashioned style it is still witty and funny. Most importantly my daughter just adores it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This little film was an unexpected delight. I have read the picture book that inspired it but wasn't sure how this would be stretched into a film of more than an hour.
It has been beautifully done. The story follows Laura, who is very unhappy to have moved to a new home in the city and is quite determined for her family to move back to where they were in the countryside. However, she ends up with a star in her possession and is quite thrilled with how it literally lights up her life. There's a dilemma though, when she realises that staying with her might not be the best thing for the star.

The story is sensitively handled, and I even found myself with a tear in my eye at one point! The animation is simple but rather beautiful. There are no big comedy sequences, no major action scenes. It's all very gentle and rather enchanting. I watched it with a group of 6 and 7 year olds, and even the most rambunctious and rowdy boys sat and really enjoyed watching for the full 77 minutes.

I think this is rather a hidden gem. I would highly recommend it for children aged from about three, up to about 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 Jun 2009
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
My 20 months old little girl loves this movie. Good values, family orineted, heart warming, kid movies at their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laura's Star, 19 Jan 2006
A. Lloyd (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
A gentle paced dreamy delight for small children. The animated European city is pretty and the music and voices are lovely. My 5 year old boy, well used to more action packed films, and 3 year old girl were enraptured for the duration. It does begin rather slowly, but if, just for once, you want a sweet movie meant just for kids without the usual double level jokes for adults then this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful DVD!, 11 April 2012
L. White "would be chef" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Purchased for my little neice - but greatly enjoyed by her auntie! Lovely story, music and charming, clever animation. A must for any child - I have since resolved to but it for 2 more little girls of my aquaintance.
Stunning, clever and charming!

4.0 out of 5 stars Laura's star, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
My children enjoyed this. It is a simple tale with no really frightening bits, just right for bedtime. Have read the story and this expands on the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 3 to 8 year olds, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
A wonderful children's DVD. Buy it! Simple and stylish with lovely message. Bought the book too to read alongside. Really captured my daughter's imagination. A great DVD you can stick and not worry about any scary bits etc. for the duration of the film

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauras Star, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
What a lovely little film. Had my two and half year old granduaghter and I put it on and she did not move from my lap the whole time it was on ( very unusual !!!! ). I have never known her to sit still for so long whilst awake.
Also I thouroughly enjoyed it too ha ha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable gentle drama, 2 Jan 2012
M. Virgo (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I bought this movie as a present for my daughter because it sounded somewhat mellow and relaxing, and it was exactly that. I was a bit concerned at the beginning that it would be hard to understand because the character's voices seem to have a slight accent to them, but after a few minutes I didn't notice it anymore. My 3 year old was entranced with the movie from the start. There were a couple moments she lost a bit of the story line and asked what/why something was happening, but her interest was still held from beginning to end.

The plot is quite subdued compared to most Disney and similar titles on the market. There is no violence or villains to contend with so there's no overly dramatic climax--it's very much a simple children's story brought to life without all the "let's add in adult humor/thrills so the parents can stand to watch it" type of things.

Also, I do have to say that I LOVED the soundtrack on this movie! The music was sweet, uplifting and relaxing. If the soundtrack were available on CD I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 26 Sep 2010
This review is from: Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
My daughter absoultely loves this dvd, We got it out on hire from dvd shop all the time before i found it on here.. fab fab fab x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005]
Laura's Star: The Movie [DVD] [2005] by Thilo Graf Rothkirch (DVD - 2005)
6.99