5.0 out of 5 stars Beep, beep, beep arrrrgggggg!
Published on 22 Oct 2008 by Happy Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware: BRAIN FREEZE!
Bought this to spice up the game and as the pressure mounted with time slipping through my fingers my brain froze and I could not get a word out!! Its a little on the cheap side but a good laugh.
Published on 18 Feb 2010 by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beep, beep, beep arrrrgggggg!, 22 Oct 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
The Scrabble timer is great little thing at a great price (4.99). My friend bought me this as an early christmas present. We both love scrabble and when playing we were taking too long to make up a word. The Scrabble timer has 3 settings 3 mins, 2 mins and 1 mins. When you set the time for 1 min and press the big red button it beeps (it really isn`t that loud to disturb people at night) and flashes to let you know countdown has begun when it reaches 30 secs it will beep and flashes again then when it reaches 10 secs it will beep and flashes every sec. Believe me it makes you panic and you`re almost pulling out your hair when you can`t think of a word then you have to miss your turn. The Scrabble timer really does keep you alert it makes things quicker and more interesting. Timer needs 2 AA batteries and you have to unscrew a tiny screw I found this to be no problem at all. Comes with instructions leaflet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Timer, 8 Sep 2011
Mr. Michael Bingham "Mike Bingham" (East Yorkshire - UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
Small, compact, easy to use timer for Scrabble or other games such as chess where occassionally (or often!) a player wants to think their move through and looses track of time. These delays can drive other players mad.
We bought it because we play a lot of 'Rummikub' and tempers can fray.

This timer can be triggered at the beginning of your move with a simple light press on the top. A 4-position switch gives Off, 1 or 2 or 3 minutes; every 30 seconds theres a beep and flash; the last 10 seconds count down with a beep+flash every second.

The beep and flash are distinct but not intrusive; I would say a well chosen sound level. In practise the flash is easily ignored by the player and is not a distraction.

Powered by 2 x AA batteries; our first two batteries are going strong after around 3 hours of timer 'ON' since new. No obvious disaster there.

Dimensions 6 cm wide, taper 3-4 cm deep, 7 cm high. Green with red Scrabble logo back and front. Rugged and well constructed.(Durability given four stars because we have only owned and used the timer for almost three months - we cannot say how it will be after say four or five years.)

We wish we had been able to find something like this, at this price, years ago. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars scrabble timer, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
Just the job! It beeps every half minute and gives you a ten beep countdown at the end. I'm very pleased with it, and as I've won every game since I got it, I call that value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars my god send, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
I call it my god send because it has made the game of scrabble so much better (my sister always took ages to go her turn so I bought it for her for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
This Scrabble timer has transformed my life! Gone are the long boring games of Scrabble! Now the play is fast-paced and hectic! The timer can be set to 1,2 or 3 minutes and is an excellent addition to the game of Scrabble. We nearly always set it to 1 minute. It bleeps when pressed (to start it off), bleeps after 30 seconds and counts down the last 10 seconds with 10 bleeps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid little game turn timer., 4 Mar 2012
Willy Eckerslike (France) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
What a difference this little thing makes to the usual `nodding off between turns' tedium of our Rumikubb sessions. With a choice of one, two or three minutes, the timer beeps and flashes once when activated (by pressing the top), flashes every ten seconds, beeps again at each thirty second interval then counts down the last ten seconds. Pressing the top again resets the timer. The beeping is not intrusive or too loud but it does really motivate some deep thinkers to get on with it. The timer seems to be fairly robust and the silly little screw securing the battery compartment got thrown away so that was only a very minor niggle. The timer does its job very well, doesn't cost much and we got to bed an hour earlier than after our usual marathon sessions. It is an all round excellent bit of kit and an end to board game boredom - hoorah!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
The Scrabble timer is essential for serious players and also for keeping the game within time limit. Especially when you play in 4. The only thing I would change is the measure - the timer cannot be stored in the original scrabble box. The timer is higher. And that is the only con I have found so far. The delivery was quick and payment easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble timer, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
Good piece of kit. Does make the game go with a swing.
If you want a fast game, use this timer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timing!, 16 April 2010
M. Lee - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scrabble Timer (Toy)
This thing is perfect! When not using it for Scrabble, I've found it can be used as an egg timer, too! In fact, I've even tried it on the golf course to limit the time people take when teeing off. The beep is not overly loud, as one reviewer claims, nor is it difficult to undo the battery hatch to change batteries. I'm glad I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware: BRAIN FREEZE!, 18 Feb 2010
Paul (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›